P R Sundar Age, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Purisai, Tamil Nadu
Wife: Mangaiyarkarasi Sundar
Age: 58 Years
|Full name||Purisai Rajamani Sundar P R Sundar - Twitter|
|Profession(s)||Stock Market Analyst, Share Trading Consultant, Social Media Financial Influencer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|As a stock market analyst||• Sales and marketing specialist at CBA Capital in Bengaluru, Karnataka (2016)
• Account manager at the Cryptrade Network in Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland (2020-2022)
|As a director||Mansun Consultancy Private Limited (appointed on 30 June 2017)|
|Date of Birth||28 March 1964 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Purisai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Nationality||Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) P R Sundar- Twitter|
|Hometown||Purisai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Tamil-medium corporation school The Economic Times|
|College/University||University of Cambridge in England|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Business Administration degree P R Sundar - LinkedIn
• Master of Science degree in Mathematics The Economic Times
|Controversies||• Trolled for making money from training rather than trading
Despite being a stock trader, Sundar started online training courses to teach his students stock market investing strategies to generate adequate profits. Reportedly, the fees for his one-day workshop was around Rs 50000, and for his mentorship programme, he charged around Rs 20 lakh. Forbes Sundar was criticized by social media users for allegedly making more money through training rather than stock trading, which was his actual forte. In an interview, when asked about how he felt about recieving criticism for making more money through training, Sundar said,
Why does it matter? At the end of the day, all we have to do is to make money. Is there any government rule that says a person should not be making more money in training than in trading? The two are independent businesses. If Virat Kohli is making more money by doing commercials than by playing cricket, does it matter? The money is coming from all legitimate means." The Economic Times
• Received backlash for offensive comments
In November 2022, Sundar had an online feud with one of his Twitter follower over the concept of Mark-to-Market (MTM) on his trade. (Mark-to-market is an accounting method to determine the fair value of an asset or liability based on the current market price) While conversating in the comment section, Sundar got into a heated argument with the user and made offensive remarks about women and their virginity. Soon, he was harshly criticized by the netizens for using objectionable and derogatory words on women. Later, he posted a video on his YouTube channel and apologized to his followers and the public for his wrong choice of words and said,
I lost my patience. I am sorry. People say I should not have used certain unparliamentary words and I do agree. Of course, no need to say I did not mean it. I tweeted him only for the purpose of argument to make him understand the concept. Otherwise, I did not know whether he had a daughter or not."
• Investigation launched by SEBI
In November 2022, an investigation was launched against P R Sundar, his son Ashwin Sundar, and his company Mansun Consultancy Pvt Ltd by the Securities and Exchange Board of India for allegedly rendering consultation services regarding investing in the stock market without getting registered with SEBI. As per SEBI guidelines, if any person is found to be engaged in providing investment advisory services without getting registered with SEBI, appropriate action can be taken against him/her, under the SEBI Act, 1992. In an interview, on being asked about being under investigation by SEBI, Sundar said,
This is a two-year-old matter when I was associated with a Sebi registered advisory company. Instead of taking payments from the company, my firm had collected payments on their behalf. We received the first show-cause notice in May 2022 and another in this month. We are assisting Sebi with all the details.” Business Standard
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||10 November|
|Children||Son- Ashwin Sundar (YouTuber, content creator, and stock market trader) (image in Wife's section)
|Parents||Father- Rajamani (worked as an unskilled worker in the Gulf countries)
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Sundar has seven siblings|
|Car Collection||• Mercedes Benz S Class
• Jaguar XF
|Assets/Properties||• A four-storeyed penthouse worth Rs 30 crore in Tamil Nadu
• An apartment near Burj Khalifa in Dubai
Some Lesser Known Facts About P R Sundar
- P R Sundar is an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). He is a well-known stock market analyst, share trading consultant, and social media financial influencer, who provides training on stock market strategies and futures & options (F&O) trading through his social media accounts.
- After completing his post-graduation, Sundar was appointed as a maths teacher at a school in Gujarat. In 1993, he moved to Singapore to teach mathematics at a school. In 2005, after spending around 12 years in Singapore, Sundar returned to India with the prospect of starting his own business as he was looking for an alternate career apart from teaching. Sundar appeared for the NSE Academy Certification in Financial Management (NCFM) examination after one of his relatives suggested him and while preparing for the exam, he developed an interest to learn more about the stock market.
- In 2007, Sundar started investing in the stock market. Initially, he invested in the companies Aban Offshore (formerly known as Aban Lloyd), Kokuyo Camlin Ltd. (formerly known as Camlin Ltd.), and L&T (Larsen & Toubro).
- P R Sundar has a self-titled YouTube channel, where he posts training videos related to the analysis and strategies of the stock market; the channel has more than 1 million subscribers.
- Sundar actively participates and lends his support to various social causes and charitable work. In 2021, Sundar donated over Rs 1 crore to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Public Relief Fund to support and provide relief to the families, who were devastated by the coronavirus. He founded Mangai Foundation, an NGO, which extends financial support to children, elders and single women parents.
- As of September 2022, Sundar made major stock investments in the companies S P Apparels Ltd, Kalyani Investment Company Ltd, Twentyfirst Century Management Services Ltd, HCL Technologies Ltd, India Motor Parts & Accessories Ltd, and RPP Infra Projects Ltd.
- Sundar preferably deals in option trading and is more inclined towards selling options rather than buying. (An option is a contract drawn by a seller that conveys the right to the buyer to buy or sell a particular asset, at a specific price in future). He is of the belief that trading in stocks only would not bring adequate profits and a person holding a good amount of capital should deal in option selling. In an interview, when asked about why he primarily deals only in option selling, Sundar replied,
When you are buying and selling stocks, the probability of winning is 50 per cent, but when you are selling options, the probability is 80 per cent. This is a game of probability. For my skills and temperament, the best way to make money is only through options, not futures or the cash market.”
- As of 2022, Sundar’s Twitter account has more than 5 lakh followers.
|↑1||P R Sundar - Twitter|
|↑2||P R Sundar- Twitter|
|↑3, ↑5, ↑7||The Economic Times|
|↑4||P R Sundar - LinkedIn|