Husband: Jasmine Shah
Hometown: Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Age: 43 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-32-36|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
• Telugu Film (Tollywood): Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi (2004); as 'Vasanthi'
• Malayalam Film (Mollywood): Kaazhcha (2004); as 'Lakshmi'
• Tamil Film (Kollywood): Thavamai Thavamirundhu (2005); as 'Vasanthi Ramalingam'
• Kannada Film (Sandalwood): Thamassu (2010); as 'Dr Shanthi'
• Hindi Film (Bollywood): Striker (2010); as 'Madhu'
• Bengali Film (Tollywood): Aparajita Tumi (2012); as Kuku
• Hindi Film (Bollywood): Maya (2018); as 'Maya'
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||National Film Awards
• 2010: The National Film Award – Special Mention (Feature Film) for ‘Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja’ (2009)
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards
• 2007: Tamil Nadu State Film Award Special Prize for 'Mirugam' (2007)
• 2009: Best actress for the film 'Pokkisham'
Kerala Film Critics Awards
• 2006: Best actress for the film ‘Karutha Pakshikal’
• 2007: Best actress for 'Naalu Pennungal'
• 2009: Second-best actress award for 'Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja'•
Filmfare Awards South
• 2005: Best female debut (south) for the film ‘Thavamai Thavamirundhu'
• 2006: Best actress – Malayalam for the film 'Karutha Pakshikal'
• Best-supporting actress – Malayalam for 'Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja'
Vanitha Film Awards
• 2006: Best actress for 'Karutha Pakshikal'
• 2010: Best actress for the film 'Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja'
|Date of Birth||28 February 1980 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||43 Years|
|Hometown||Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh (Now in Telangana)|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Trimulgherry, Secunderabad|
|College/University||• Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University in Hyderabad, Telangana Padmapriya Janakiraman - LinkedIn
• Loyola Academy in Alwal, Secunderabad, Telangana Padmapriya Janakiraman - LinkedIn
• Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS) in Harihar, Karnataka Padmapriya Janakiraman - LinkedIn
• National Law School of India University in Bengaluru, Karnataka Padmapriya Janakiraman - LinkedIn
• New York University Padmapriya Janakiraman - LinkedIn
|Educational Qualification||• Pursued a diploma in Bharatnatyam at Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University (1997)
• Bachelor of Commerce degree from Loyola Academy (1997-2000)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) in finance and marketing from Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS) (2000-2002)
• Pursued a graduate diploma in the environment protection act of India and international conventions studies at the National Law School of India University (2007-2008)
• Received a master’s degree in public administration from New York University (2012-2015)
|Controversies||• In October 2007, Padmapriya made headlines when she registered a police complaint against director Samy, who allegedly slapped her on the sets of the movie- Mirugam.
• Malayalam filmmaker M A Nishad, who directed Padmapriya in his film, No 66 Madhura Bus, once filed a complaint against her and her manager at Andhra Pradesh Film Chamber. In his generalized complaint, he stated that the managers charge an exorbitant commission from the actors, who in turn ask for higher fees from the filmmakers. He further asked for this 'manager culture' to be done away with.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||12 November 2014|
|Husband/Spouse||Jasmine Shah (Vive Chairperson at the Dialogue and Development Commission (DDC) of Delhi)
|Parents||Father- Janakiraman (Brigadier in the Indian Army)
|Siblings||Brother- Name Not Known (elder brother)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Padmapriya Janakiraman
- Padmapriya Janakiraman is an Indian actor, producer, dancer, and model who predominantly works in the South Indian film industry.
- Padmapriya has appeared in almost seven language film industries: Bengali, Malayalam, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, English, and Telugu.
- Padmapriya, who is a skilled Bharatnatyam dancer, started learning to dance at the mere age of 3 from her guru, Jayalakshmi Eshwar.
- During her spare time, Padmapriya started inclining towards modelling and was eventually crowned Miss Andhra Pradesh in 2001.
- She began her career in 2002 as an Analyst at ‘GE Capital International Services,’ the financial services unit of the American multinational conglomerate- General Electric. Padmapriya has also worked as a Consultant (at ‘Samata’ and ‘Dr. Reddy Labs Foundation’), Research Assistant (at ‘NYU’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service’), Senior Researcher (at the Centre for Policy Research (CPR) in New Delhi), and Project Head – Cultural mapping Initiative (at ‘Sahapedia’). Padmapriya Janakiraman – LinkedIn
- In an interview, Padmapriya revealed that she draped her favourite dance dress in the film ‘Chef’ (2017). According to her, the dress was designed by her mother, Vijaya. While talking about this in an interview, Padmapriya Janakiraman said,
It is my favourite dance dress. It is golden in colour, sourced and designed by my mother for one of my big dance performances on stage in the past. We have used it in a song called ‘Darmiyaan’ and a scene for the movie.
- Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy struck New York at the same time when she was pursuing her MS in Public Administration from New York University. As a result, she had to spend four days in the university shelter.
- In September 2017, Padmapriya Janakiraman became the Advisor and Board Member of Sahithya Kala Parishad, New Delhi. Padmapriya Janakiraman – LinkedIn
- In March 2017, Padmapriya became the Founder Member of Women In Cinema Collective (WCC), an organisation for women working in the Malayalam cinema industry, working towards providing equal opportunities for women in cinema. Padmapriya Janakiraman – LinkedIn