Some lesser known facts about Parthiv Patel
- Does Parthiv Patel smoke?: No
- Does Parthiv Patel drink alcohol?: No
- Parthiv was the youngest wicket-keeper in Test history with 17 years of age.
- He consider Adam Gilchrist as his role-model.
- When he toured London with Indian cricket team in 2002, he was assumed as the Indian team mascot in the Wisden Indian Cricketer of the Century Awards.
- During the 2004 Border-Gavaskar series in Australia, he sledged Steve Waugh by saying, “Come on Steve, just one more of your popular slog-sweeps before you quit.” after which Waugh replied him, “Show a bit of respect. You were in nappies when I debuted 18 years ago.”
- Once he was fined 60% of his match fees for over-appealing for numerous occasions against Pakistan at Lahore.
- In 2003, popular TV show MTV Bakra trapped him into a trouble situation to see how he copes up with it.
- He played for 6 teams in the Indian Premier League (IPL): Chennai Super Kings, Kochi Tuskers, Deccan Chargers, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Mumbai Indians.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)