|Real Name||Suresh Kumar Raina|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 73 kg
in Pounds- 161 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 30 July 2005 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 26 July 2010 against Sri Lanka at Colombo
T20 - 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
|Coach/Mentor||Deepak Sharma, SP Krishnan|
|Jersey Number||#3 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Chennai Super Kings, Gujarat Lions, India Blue, Uttar Pradesh|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• First Indian cricketer to score a century in all 3 formats (Tests, ODIs, T20s).
• Second youngest player to be selected as the Indian skipper.
• Has played the most number of ODIs before making his test debut, which is a record.
• First Player to score 3000 runs in the IPL.
• First cricketer to score 400+ runs in all the editions of the Indian Premier League (till IPL 9-2016).
• First Indian and second in the world to hit 100 sixes in the IPL.
• Third batsman in the world to score a century in T20 International; the other two being Brendon McCullum and Chris Gayle.
|Career Turning Point||At the age of 15, Raina was spotted by Indian selectors when he was playing for Uttar Pradesh under-16s and was drafted to India's under-19 tour of England where he scored 2 half-centuries.|
|Date of Birth||27 November 1986|
|Age (as in 2016)||30 Years|
|Birth Place||Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Rajnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Government Sports College, Lucknow|
|Educational Qualification||Not known|
|Family||Father: Tirlokchand Raina (Retired army officer)
Mother: Parvesh Raina
Brothers: Naresh Raina, Mukesh Raina, Dinesh Raina (All elder)
Sister: Renu Raina (Elder)
|Address||Sector 11, Rajnagar, Ghaziabad
C-27, Sector 50, Noida
|Hobbies||Travelling, snorkelling, water sports, paragliding|
|Controversies||• In 2012, a sarcastic tweet was directed to the Pakistan cricket team, who were ousted from the tournament after their loss to Sri Lanka in the semi-finals, "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!." Soon after, this tweet was deleted after it was condemned on Twitter. Raina came up with a clarification on twitter and put the blame on his nephew for it by tweeting "Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I'm a sportsman and would never disrespect". Though I already deleted it, I felt it's better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I'm sorry. I'm not one to show disrespect."
• On 20 June 2013, former IPL chief Lalit Modi alleged that Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo had taken bribes from a bookie who was also a builder, while they were playing for Chennai Super Kings.
• During the 2016 T20 World Cup, he found himself in the middle of a match-fixing controversy on the eve of India's World T20 semi-final match against West Indies in Mumbai. According to reports, Suresh Raina was earlier being investigated by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on possible involvement in match-fixing, after being seen with a woman, who is known to be a close associate of a bookie.
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, MS Dhoni
Bowler: Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee
|Favourite Cricket Ground||M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand
|Favourite Cricket Commentators||Ravi Shastri, Nasser Hussain|
|Favourite Footballer||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actresses||Sonali Bendre, Jessica Alba|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Sholay, Kai Po Che, Iqbal
Hollywood: Fault In Our Stars, Cast Away
|Favourite Musicians||Kishore Kumar, Mohit Chauhan, Maroon 5, Band of Brothers|
|Favourite Song||"Sukoon Mila" from the film Mary Kom|
|Favourite Colour||Light Blue|
|Favorite Food||Aloo Kadhi, Tunde kebab|
|Favorite Restaurants||Bukhara in Delhi
Thai Pavillion in Mumbai
|Favorite Destination||Italy, Greece, Ibiza|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Poorna Patel (daughter of politician Praful Patel, rumour)
Shruti Hassan (Actress, rumour)
|Wife/Spouse||Priyanka Chaudhary (m.2015-present)
|Marriage Date||3 April 2015
|Children||Daughter- Gracia Raina
|Cars collection||Porsche Boxster, Mini Cooper
|Salary (as in 2016)||RETAINER FEE: Rs 50 lakh ($95,000)
TEST FEE: Rs 300,000
ODI FEE: Rs 200,000
T20 FEE: Rs 150,000
|Net Worth||$25 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suresh Raina
- Does Suresh Raina smoke?: No
- Does Suresh Raina drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Raina belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family from Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir.
- He spent much of his childhood in hostel staying away from home.
- He was the skipper of the Under-16 Uttar Pradesh team.
- He has a habit of collecting his cricket bats and till now he has collected 250+ bats, including his first bat which was gifted by his father in 1998.
- He played his first Ranji Trophy game at the age of 16.
- On his ODI debut in 2005, he was dismissed for a ‘Golden Duck’ against Sri Lanka.
- During an ODI match against West Indies in the Tri Series 2013, Raina and Ravindra Jadeja had a spat after Raina failed to take Sunil Narine’s catch on two occasions.
- He scored a century on his Test debut.
- He has never missed out on a single match for ‘Chennai Super Kings.’
- He has sung the song “Tu Mili Sab Mila” for a 2015 Bollywood film ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters.’
- He can play saxophone (woodwind instruments).
- He tied the nuptial knots with his childhood friend Priyanka Chowdhary.
- If he wasn’t a cricketer, he would have been a Basketball player.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡