|Walking the Louis Vuitton's Cruise runway show in Palm Springs in 2015
|Physical Stats & More
|Pooja Mor- Indian agency Height
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|• She won the Young Achiever of the year award in 2019
• Vogue model of the Year Award 2016
|Date of Birth
|16 November 1991 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2021)
|Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
|Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
|Vidya Devi Jindal School, Hisar
|Nirma University, Ahmedabad
|Travelling, Reading, Watching Movies
|On right side of her back
|In 2014, Pooja Mor did an editorial photoshoot for photographer Raj Shetye that was based on Delhi gang rape. The photoshoot was named as 'The Wrong Turn.' There was international outrage on the photoshoot. There were accusations that the shoot glamourised the 2012 gangrape. Nirbhaya`s parents stated that the photographer had hurt their sentiments, and the photoshoot should be banned. The National Commission for Women also intervened and asked for strict action. Activist Abha Singh said that it was a crime. Congress MP from Bihar Ranjeet Ranjan said that she had already given a notice in the Lok Sabha for discussion on the issue. BBC
|Relationships & More
|Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Brother- Sudhir (Product Designer)
|Hollywood- Wonder Woman (2017)
|Dolce & Gabbana
|New York and Paris
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Mor
- Pooja Mor, the Indian model who comes from Uttar Pradesh has walked the ramp on an International level for Louis Vuitton Cruise in 2015. She was born in Uttar Pradesh but, she has completed her education in Ahmedabad. While she was studying Engineering there, she took part in a beauty competition at her university. She won the competition. This is when her interest in modelling started. She was not sure how her parents would react to her decision because they never wanted her to become a model. In an interview, she said,
My parents didn’t want me to become a model. They felt that the profession was for the fickle-minded and that it did not promise a sustainable career or source of income.”
- After she completed her B. Tech. (Engineering), she lied to her parents about going to Delhi. She told them that she was going on a vacation but, she instead went to Delhi for modelling.
- Pooja`s brother Sudhir used to give her money for portfolios while she was in Delhi. She had only told him about her modelling interest.
- In 2012, she won Clean & Clear Ahmedabad Times Fresh Face.
- In 2013, she participated in another show Indian Princess 2013 which she did not win.
- She then started working as a freelance model in Delhi. She would face some difficulties while shooting. Some of them did not give her the payment after the shoot, she was asked to remove her beauty spots, some of them threatened her.
- In 2014, a Mumbai-based agency, Amina Creative Management, contacted her and asked her to sign a contract. She signed the contract because now she could focus just on modelling and did not have to find shoots for herself. She moved to Mumbai for further opportunities. She did modelling in Mumbai for some time, and then one of her friends, who was working with Elite Model Management agency in New York, took a photo of Pooja and posted it on Instagram. In 2015, a New York-based agency, Elite Model Management, contacted her and asked her to move to New York.
- In 2014, she was featured in Grazia magazine, Harper`s Bazaar magazine, Cosmopolitan, and Femina magazine. She was also seen on the cover of Femina, Harper`s Bazaar and Grazia magazine in the same year.
- In 2016, she got a chance to walk in the Givenchy. She walked the ramp but while she was walking, her foot twisted and she fell down. She picked herself up and completed her walk. In her blog Pooja Mor- Blog Page, she talked about what gave her strength to complete the walk, she said,
First, thanks to the two gentlemen who were kindhearted enough to help me get up. Second, my mom always said, If you start something, finish it until the end, be like a straight line reaching towards your goal. So I have never known to quit halfway.”
- She was also featured on the cover of Vogue Magazine in 2016.
- She also posted a picture on Instagram and called herself a Chaivinist.
- In 2017, she was among the 100 most influential in fashion list.
- In 2019, she participated in TED Talks and talked about ‘Adversity can be good for you.’ She also appeared on the cover of Vogue Arabia and on the cover of Vogue with actor Vicky Kaushal.
- She has walked ramp for Stella McCartney, Roberto Cavalli, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, JW Anderson, Dolce & Gabbana, Prabal Gurung, Altuzarra, Elie Saab and Topshop.
- In an interview, while sharing her journey as a model, she said,
When I started my career, I had no mentors. I would just read up magazines, check videos and do my own thing. I was extremely lucky to find the right kind of people and company. Today I have made enough friends in the industry — designers and models who share their positive criticism and tell me when I do something wrong and how I could improve.”
- In an interview, she revealed that she does not skip her meals and eats daal-chawal every day. She also works out for one and a half hours each day.
- She also shared in an interview about how she was working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic,
Even though we can only create images from home now, I still try to be creative in scouting places to shoot and arranging decor to create cute looks. I’ve observed how the sun shines around the house in different times of the day—since light and shadow play a major role in the picture, I mean, I spent half my working life in front of different camera lights, reflectors, and diffusers.Even though we can only create images from home now, I still try to be creative in scouting places to shoot and arranging decor to create cute looks. I’ve observed how the sun shines around the house in different times of the day—since light and shadow play a major role in the picture, I mean, I spent half my working life in front of different camera lights, reflectors, and diffusers.”
- Pooja is well trained to fly planes.
- She likes wearing a black outfit whenever she gets a chance.
- In an interview, talking about the difference between shooting in India and New York, she said,
In India, I think people are always socialising. We used to have chai breaks and all the fun things. Here, people are more professional. You’re done with the shoot on time. You’re on shoot on time, just break for this much, and done, done, done, like that. Everything is set before you come to the shoot.”
- She practices Falun Dafa that is a mind and body self-improvement practice based on three universal principles, truthfulness, compassion, and forbearance.
- After China had banned the Falun Dafa practice, Pooja got vocal about it and always tried to influence people by saying that the practice is not wrong.