Husband: Jason Ralph
Age: 30 Years
Education: Major In Theatre And Minor In Psychology
|Full Name||Rachel Elizabeth Brosnahan IMDb|
|Profession(s)||Actress & Producer|
|Famous Role||'Miriam "Midge" Maisel' in the Prime Video comedy series 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' (2017)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5' 3½"
|Hair Colour||Blonde (dyed Brown)|
|Debut||Film (American): The Unborn (2009) as 'Lisa'
Theatre: Up (2009) as 'Maria' at Steppenwolf Theatre, Deerfield
TV: Mercy (2010) as 'Samantha'
Broadway: The Big Knife (2015) as 'Dixie Evans' at Roundabout Theatre Company, Manhattan
Film (Norwegian): Louder Than Bombs (2015) as ‘Erin’
As a Producer (Short Film): Femme (2018)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Online Film & Television Association's Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series (TV) for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2018
• Television Critics Association Awards for Individual Achievement in Comedy for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2018
• Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2018
• Gold Derby Awards- Comedy Actress (TV) for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2018
• Golden Globes Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2018 & 2019
• Critics Choice Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2018 & 2019
• Screen Actors Guild Awards - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2019 & 2020
• Women's Image Network Award for Actress Comedy Series for 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' in 2020
• IMDb STARmeter Award - Fan Favorite in 2020
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1990 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US|
|Nationality||American & British|
|Hometown||Highland Park, Illinois, US|
|School||• Wayne Thomas Elementary School, Highland Park
• Northwood Junior High School, Highland Park
• Highland Park High School
|College/University||Tisch School Of The Arts, New York University (2012)|
|Educational Qualification||Major in Theatre and a Minor in Psychology US Magazine|
|Religion||She is non-religious. Chicago Tribune|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Shape|
|Political Inclination||Left-leaning The Guardian|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Jason Ralph (Actor)|
|Parents||Father- Earl Brosnahan (worked in Children's Publishing)
Mother- Carol Brosnahan (worked in Children's Publishing)
Sister- Lydia Brosnahan
|Food||French Fries, Cheeto Puffs, Salmon, Chicken, Bone broth|
|Film||True Chicago (1927), True Brothers (2004)|
|TV Show(s)||Survivor (2000), Alone (2015), The Great British Baking Show (2010), Black Mirror (2011)|
|Skincare Brand(s)||Cetaphil, COOLA|
|Travel Destination||New Mexico|
|Salary (approx.)||$300,000 an Episode (as of 2019) Page Six|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rachel Brosnahan
- Rachel Brosnahan is an American actress and producer. She is famous for playing an aspiring stand-up comedian ‘Miriam “Midge” Maisel’ in the Prime Video comedy series ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ (2017).
- She was brought up in Highland Park, Illinois from the age of four.
- She performed in musical theatre while studying in junior high school and high school. At Highland Park High School, she was a snowboarding instructor and was also a part of the school’s wrestling team for two years.
- Belonging to an athletic family, she played a lot of sports; she played basketball, snowboarding, wrestling, and lacrosse.
- She trained under Carole Dibo, director of Wilmette’s Actors Training Center when she was sixteen years old. Carole Dibo is now her manager.
- Rachel grew up closer to Highland Park’s Jewish community, which highly influenced her. She has also attended many Passover Seders (a Jewish ritual feast), Bar and Bat Mitzvahs (Jewish coming of age ritual for boys and girls), and Hanukkah (a Jewish festival) observances in Chicago’s North Shore.
- While growing up, she once wished to become a surgeon because she used to watch documentaries about medical mysteries.
- When she was four years old, she got curious one day and wanted to know whether a stove remains hot after it is turned off. Because of the stunt, she has a key-shaped scar on her middle finger.
- In 2018, news about her marriage to the actor Jason Ralph started circulating. Later in January 2019, she confessed that before the news about her relationship went public, she had already been married to Jason for years.
- The late American fashion designer Kate Spade (née Brosnahan) is her aunt as Kate is her father’s sister.
- At the time of her film debut with the American horror/thriller ‘The Unborn,’ she was a high school student.
- In 2011, she played the lead role of ‘Alice’ in the film ‘Coming Up Roses.’ She later appeared in the films: Nor’easter (2012), A New York Heartbeat (2013), James White (2015), The Finest Hours (2016), and I’m Your Woman (2020).
- In 2016, she was seen as ‘Desdemona’ in ‘Othello’ at the New York Theatre Workshop.
- She has also acted in short films Adrift (2012), Care (2013), Munchausen (2013), Basically (2014), The Smut Locker (2014), and Fifteen Years Later (2018).
- She played minor roles in television series like Gossip Girl (2010), In Treatment (2010), CSI: Miami (2011), Grey’s Anatomy (2013), and Orange Is the New Black (2013) and later played recurring roles in television series House of Cards (2013-15), The Blacklist (2014) and Black Box (2014).
- In 2014, she played the lead role of ‘Abby Issacs’ in the television series ‘Manhattan’ and went on to star in the television series Dovekeepers (2015), Crisis in Six Scenes (2016), The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017), and 50 States of Fright (2020).
- Talking about her role as Miriam “Midge” Maisel in the series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in an interview, she said,
I spent a lot of time trying to ramp up my internal metronome to the speed of Midge and trying to channel her confidence, which remains one of the most challenging things about playing this part.”
- She lost two of her family members, her aunt and grandfather, in June 2018 within fifteen days. Her aunt, Kate Spade, died on June 5, and her grandfather, Earl Francis Brosnahan, died on June 20.
- Whenever she has free time, she likes to sing, play cribbage, and play board games with her friends.
- She loves animals and is often seen with animals on her social media accounts. In childhood, she had a rabbit named Lacey, who was originally a male but was assigned a female name because Rachel misunderstood him to be female. When she came to know about the rabbit’s gender, she renamed him ‘Larry David.’ She also owns two dogs; a pit bull named Nikki and a Shiba Inu named Winston.
- Times when she needs inspiration, she switches on YouTube and watches videos of all the Elphabas (from Wicked) singing “Defying Gravity.”
- She is on the board of directors at a largely private-funded organization called ‘Covenant House International,’ which works to provide shelter, food, immediate crisis care, and other services to homeless and runaway youth. As a part of the Covenant House, she is associated with its ‘Sleep Out’ initiative.
- Brosnahan has twice finished the ‘Live Below the Line’ challenge, an anti-poverty campaign in which contestants are challenged to feed themselves on the equivalent of the extreme poverty line for five days to gain an insight into some of the hardships faced by such people living in extreme poverty.
- In 2019, she was listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Hollywood & Entertainment.
- In 2020, she produced the feature film ‘I’m Your Woman’ (2020) and television special ‘Yearly Departed.’