Age: 46 Years
Marital Status: Divorced
Hometown: Mysore, Karnataka
|Birth name||Shankupani Daily Hunt|
|Name Earned||Indian Michael Jackson|
|Profession(s)||Indian Film Director, Dance Choreographer, and Actor|
|Debut||Film (Tamil, Choreographer): Vetri Vizha (1989)
Film (Tamil, Actor): Indhu (1994)
Film (Telugu, Director): Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana (2005)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Film Award
1996: Best Choreography for Minsara Kanavu (1997)
• National Film Award
2004: Best Choreography for Lakshya (2004)
• Filmfare Award
2005: Best Choreography for Lakshya (2004)
• Padma Shri
2019: For his contribution in the field of arts
|Date of Birth||3 April 1973 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||46 Years|
|Religion||Hinduism Hindustan Times|
|Caste||Lingayat Speaking Tree|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Food NDTV|
|Controversy||In 2010, Prabhu Deva's wife, Latha, filed a petition at the family court, seeking orders to prevent her husband from entering into a live-in relationship with his alleged girlfriend Nayanthara. Moreover, Latha threatened to go on a hunger strike if her demand wasn't met. Several women organizations conducted protests against Nayanthara for bringing disrepute to the Tamil culture. India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Latha (Divorced)
• Nayanthara, Actor (Ex-Girlfriend)
|Marriage Date||Year 1995|
|Wife/Spouse||Ramlath or Latha (ex-wife)
• Late Vishal Deva (Died in 2008, due to cancer)
• Rishi Raghavendra Deva
• Adhith Deva
|Parents||Father- Mugur Sundar (Choreographer)
• Raju Sundaram (Choreographer)
• Nagendra Prasad (Choreographer)
|Dancer||Hrithik Roshan, Michael Jackson|
|Director(s)||S. Shankar, K. Balachande, Dasari Narayana Rao, and K. Raghavendra Rao|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prabhu Deva
- Prabhu Deva is a famous choreographer, director, producer, and actor in India.
- Inspired by his father Mugur Sundar, Prabhu Deva developed an interest in dancing at a very young age.
- He is well versed in the Indian classical dance forms such as Bharatanatyam, which he learnt from Dharmaraj and Udupi Lakshminarayanan. Later, he got training in western dance forms too.
- Prabhu was in a live-in relationship with his ex-wife, Ramlath, who was then a struggling dancer. They secretly got married in 1995, and later, they were blessed with three children. Prabhu insisted her to convert her religion from Islamic to Hinduism. She even changed her name from Ramlath to Latha. The couple got divorced on 2 July 2010, after Prabhu confessed his love for South-Indian actress, Nayanthara. Telugu One
- After the divorce, he moved in a live-in relationship with Nayanthara, but they got separated in 2012. There were rumours that the reason for their break up was that Prabhu backed off on getting married to her.
- Prabhu Deva has choreographed in more than 100 Hindi and regional films. Some of his best-choreographed songs are ‘Muqabala Muqabala’ (Hum Se Hai Muqabla, 1994), ‘Urvashi Urvashi’ (Hum Se Hai Muqabla, 1994) ‘Kay Sera Sera’ (Pukar, 2000).
- He has acted in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Kannada films including ABCD (2013), Lakshmi (2018), Pon Manickavel (2019), and Street Dancer (2020).
- He has directed a few films including Shankardada Zindabad (2007), Wanted (2009), Ramaiya Vastavaiya (2013), Dabangg 3 (2019), and Radhe (2020).
- He is one of the few celebrities who have is honoured with a wax statue at the celebrity wax statue Museum, Lonavala, Mumbai.
- In 2010, he started a dance school in Singapore.
References/Sources: [ + ]