Hometown: Channagiri, Karnataka
Marital Status: Married
|Full name||V Prashant Madal India.com|
|Other name||Prashanth Maadal ABP|
|Known For||Being the son of the BJP MLA Madal Virupakshappa|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Service||Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS)|
|Date of Birth||9 August|
|Birthplace||Channagiri, Davanagere, Karnataka|
|Hometown||Channagiri, Davanagere, Karnataka|
|College/University||University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation Prashanth Madal - Facebook|
|Religion||According to his Facebook profile, Prashanth Madal has attended Anubhava Mantapa, a religious parliament which was established in the 12th century C.E. by Basavanna. He is a follower of lingayat faith. Prashanth Madal - Facebook|
|Controversies||• Accused in Financial Irregularity Case: In 2017, when Prashanth was serving as the deputy accounts officer of the Karnataka Rural Infrastructure Development Limited (KRIDL), Rs 55 crores belonging to KRIDL deposited in a bank were found missing. After the incident, Prashanth, who was responsible for selecting the bank where the deposits were to be made was suspended from his position. In addition to Prashanth, the then KRIDL chief finance officer Veeranagouda Patil and the then finance superintendent Shankarachari were also suspended. According to the officials, certain norms were not followed while choosing the bank in Mangaluru, where the deposits were to be made. An FIR was filed in Surathkal Police Station in October by the officials which stated that Rs 20 crores were deposited at the Kulai Branch of Indian Overseas Bank on 23 August 2017 and further a deposit of Rs. 35 crores was made in the bank after a week. However, soon after the money was transferred into the bank, Prashanth and others opened a current account following which a fake deposit certificate was sent to the government. The entire money disappeared within a few days. Business Standard
• Arrested in Bribery Case: On 2 March 2023, Prashanth Madal was arrested by the Karnataka Lokayukta for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 40 lakhs for allotment of a tender for the purchase raw materials required to manufacture soap and other detergents for Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL), where his father was a chairman. When Lokayukta raided his father's office, it recovered Rs. 1.7 crores unaccounted cash.
Hours later, the Karnataka Lokayukta conducted fresh searches at Prashanth and his father's residence and recovered Rs. 6.10 crores of unaccounted cash from there. A day after the incident, Madal Virupakshappa resigned from the position of Chairman of the Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL). Apart from Prashanth, the authorities arrested four more persons, including Siddesh, a relative of Prashanth, accountant Surendra, and two others named Nicholas and Gangadhar, who came to hand over the cash to Prashanth. CNBC
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||20 February 2013|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Children||Son- Pruthvi Madal
Daughter- Chaitanya Madal
|Parents||Father- Madal Virupakshappa (politician)
Mother- Name Not Known (homemaker)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prashanth Madal
- Prashanth Madal is a 2008-batch Karnataka Administrative Service (KAS) officer, who is working as the chief accountant in Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB) (as of 2023).
- He is the son of Madal Virupakshappa, BJP MLA from the Channagiri constituency of Karnataka. Until 3 March 2023, he was deputed as the chairman of the Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL) (a company that makes the popular Mysore Sandal Soap). Virupakshappa resigned from his position after his son was caught red-handed by the Karnataka Lokayukta while receiving a bribe of Rs. 40 lakhs from a contractor in exchange for the allotment of tender to procure raw materials from his for the manufacture of soap and other detergents for Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL). Virupakshappa, while rendering his resignation, wrote a letter to Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai which read,
There is some conspiracy against my family. I’m submitting my resignation under moral responsibility as there is an allegation against me.”
- Prashanth Madal grew up in Channagiri, Davanagere, Karnataka.
- Following his graduation, Prashanth began working at the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore. He worked there for a few months.
- In June 2012, he started working for the government of Karnataka.
- Prashanth also briefly worked as the deputy accounts officer of the Karnataka Rural Infrastructure Development Limited (KIRDL).
- Subsequently, he started working as the chief accountant for Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB). In 2019, while Prashanth was deputed as the Board Financial Advisor and Chief Accountant at Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board, the Board won the international award ‘The Golden Award for Quality and Business Prestige’ at the Quality Summit held in Rome city, Italy, which was received by Prashanth Madal.
- As of 2023, he is also appointed as the Joint Controller at KSAD Ministry of Finance, Government of Karnataka.
- In his spare time, Prashanth loves to travel and watch films.
- He is well-versed in three languages- Hindi, English, and Kannada.