|Full name||Fahad Zirar Ahmad|
|Profession||• Social activist
• Political activist
|Famous for||being the husband of Bollywood actress Swara Bhaskar.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party
|Political Journey||1 August 2022: Fahad joined the Samajwadi Party, and later, he became the president of Samajwadi Yuvjan Sabha, the youth wing of the Samajwadi party.|
|Date of Birth||2 February 1992 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Baheri, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||• Zakir Hussain Model Higher Secondary School in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh (upto 9th standard)
• Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh
|College/University||• Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh (2014-2016)
• Central University of Himachal Pradesh, Dharamsala (2016)
• Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (2016-2018)
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Com (2014-2016)
• M.Phil. in social work (2016-2018)
• PhD (As of 2022)
|Controversy||In 2018, Tata Institute of Social Sciences withdrew financial aid from the students belonging to the SC, ST, and OBC categories, who eligible for the Government of India Post-Matric Scholarship (GoIPMS). Later, at TISS' convocation, students protested against the management's decision by refusing to accept the degrees. One of the protestors were Fahad Ahmad, who refused to accept an MPhil degree from the university's chairperson on stage. Mumbai Mirror In an interview, while talking about this, Ahmad called the institute “bowing to the agenda fixed by the government” and said,
"The matter could have been easily resolved had the institute shown the resolve to demand money from the Tata Trust. Rupees 2 crore is a paltry amount for an institute that deals in crores of rupees."
According to the management, Fahad insulted the university by not accepting the degree so they rejected his registration into the PhD program.
"I have been denied registration because I was fighting for social justice and I didn't quit the struggle even when other student union members left. I have been denied my right to a quality education because it's easy to target a Muslim even now and because asking questions and voicing an opinion is not allowed in this country. I have been denied registration because I challenged an undeclared emergency in TISS and in our country at large. I and several other students are facing punishment for participating in the protest as the administration has stalled our JRF forms. But we are in this fight together."
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 January 2023|
|Children||Daughter- Raabiyaa (born on 23 September 2023)|
|Parents||Father- Zirar Ahmad
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Fahad Ahmad is the eldest of five children of his parents.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Fahad Ahmad
- Fahad Ahmad is an Indian social and political activist who served as the general secretary of the Tata Institute of Social Science Student’s Union.
- Fahad Ahmad’s father, Zirar Ahmad, was a part of the Samajwadi Party in Bareilly district. In an interview, while talking about his father, Fahad said,
I remember my father leading social campaigns. He also helped families that were unable to rustle up finances to go on Haj. It was this environment that nurtured my activism.”
- When he was studying in 9th standard, his father got him enrolled at Aligarh Muslim University. In an interview, while talking about how he got interested in politics, Fahad said,
While my interest in student politics began there, it*s not until I joined the Central University of Himachal Pradesh for a Masters in Social Work that I knew, I wanted to work for the people.”
- After his first semester at the Central University of Himachal Pradesh in Dharamsala, Fahad decided to quit his studies and move to Qatar due to financial hardships but his father insisted he continues his studies. Mid-Day
- When he was studying at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, he was elected as the general secretary of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences Student Union (2017-2018). Later, when he joined Samajwadi Party, he became the president of the Samajwadi Party Yuvjan Sabha.
- In an interview, he revealed that he was the first to graduate in his family.
- Fahad often partook in rallies and protests including the Anti-CAA NRC protests, the August Kranti Maidan protest, and the 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots, to name a few.
- On 4 March 2013, he founded a relief camp in Muzaffarnagar ‘SOCH beyond the imagination’ with Faisal Khan, an activist.
- From 17 June 2015 to 31 July 2015, he interned at the Amrit Foundation of India.
- Fahad and Swara Bhaskar both met each other for the first time at the anti-CAA NRC protests.
- Fahad is four years younger than his wife, Swara Bhaskar.
- On 29 April 2018, Fahad was featured in Urdu Times.
- In 2019, he was a speaker at the TEDxHindujaCollege event held at Hinduja college in Mumbai.
- In 2020, he protested against CAA at the Wankhede cricket stadium during India vs. Australia ODI series.
#Wankhede Stadium shouting slogans of NO NPR,NRC and CAA.
— Fahad Ahmad (@FahadZirarAhmad) January 14, 2020
- Fahad has been invited by many platforms to speak live on their channels on hot issues. On 14 December 2021, he spoke live on News18 Urdu on the topic “CAA Wapsi ki Uthi Awaz” and on 25 September 2022, he spoke on the National education policy 2020 at an event held in Mumbai.