Preeti Sood Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Preeti sood
- Preeti sood is an Indian actress and director. She is known for her performance in the web series Aashram (2020).
- The actress made her acting debut in 2014 with the Sai Kabir Shrivastav directed crime comedy drama film ‘Revolver Rani.’ She played the role of Gutki in the film; the film starred Kangana Ranaut and Vir Das in the lead roles. The film was released on 25 April 2014.
- In 2015, Preeti appeared in the Hindi-language black comedy film ‘Welcome 2 Karachi.’ The film was written by Vrajesh Hirjee and directed by Ashish R Mohan.
- In 2019, Preeti Sood became a part of the Bollywood film ‘Fraud Saiyaan.’ She played the role of Preeti in the romantic dark comedy drama film directed by Sourabh Shrivastava. Preeti got the opportunity to work with actors like Arshad Warsi, Saurabh Shukla, Sara Loren, Deepali Pansare, Flora Saini, and Nivedita Tiwari in the film. The film Fraud Saiyyan tells the story of a con artist in North India who gets women to marry him so he can live off their money.
- Preeti Sood, in one of her interviews, revealed that her audition for the getting roles in Hindi films was not so smooth. She said, ,
Someone would say that I am too fair for the role, while someone would say that I am too young/old for it. I had a lot of questions but they weren’t answered. Worse, I was replaced in a film at the last minute and was told that this was happening because I was prettier than the heroine!”
- Preeti Sood made her digital debut in 2020, with Prakash Jha‘s crime drama web series ‘Aashram.’ She played the role of Sanober alongside Bobby Deol, Aaditi Pohankar, Darshan Kumar, Chandan Roy Sanyal, and Tushar Pandey. To bring him to justice, the law and a few crusaders investigate. The series was highly appreciated by the audience. Preeti also gained critical acclaims for her performance in the series. In an interview, while sharing her experience of working in the drama series, she said,
Working in ‘Aashram’, was like a dream come true! I adore Bobby Deol sir on set and I had a huge fan girl moment. When I was offered the part, it was totally a wow moment for me. It was amazing and heartwarming to work with such a talented and hardworking star, but most of all, he was humble, down to earth and truly supportive. He even encouraged me, saying ‘You are a very fine artist and you are so expressive’. As an actress, these things motivated me a lot.
The series was one of my most beautiful journeys. We were shooting in Ayodhya, which in itself was so serene and surreal, and personally I believe that the message of the series was so strong that being a part of it, was extremely fulfilling to me as an actor.
- In 2020, Preeti Sood directed the short film named ‘Antoo Ki Amma.’ It’s a story about a schoolboy named Antoo and his mother Rani who live in a rural area. Vimmo is the name of their cow. They are unable to meet their basic necessities. It’s a narrative about feelings, solidarity, and hope. Preeti herself played the character of Rani, mother of Antoo, in the film. Before directing the film, she went to Kargil to understand the life style of the people. Talking about it in a media interaction, she said,
I am travelling to Kargil to meet these kids and work with them. I will be taking various workshops with these kids to help them have a better and holistic education. I will show my film to them as well. We will have a question and answer session also with these kids so I can understand how best to help these kids. They are a major part of me and I would do everything possible in my reach to help them.
- The second season of the crime drama web series Aashram started streaming on 11 November 2020. The actress gained huge fame and recognition for her performance in both the seasons of the series. She also appeared in the third season of the web series which started streaming on 3 June 2022. Thanking her fans for their support, Preeti during a media conversation said,
I thank my fans and audience for all the love and appreciation which you gave in past 2 months! I feel very proud and fortuned that my hardwork has been recognized at the beginning of the release of both the projects I was quite nervous thinking what if I wouldn’t give my best performance or whether my character will connect with audience or not but my producer from both the shows Prakash jha and Antoo ki Aamma producer Mika singh both were so supportive they always cheered me up it’s only them because of which I played these roles they had faith in me and that’s the reason here I am today,Post release I saw on social media audience pouring love,commenting ,messaging on my work that gave me so much courage that I was overjoyed and I promised myself I will cater best performances with my coming projects without being nervous.”
- During a media interaction, Preeti talked about how she protected two girls and broke a child trafficking network in Mumbai. She said,
I live close to the saloon where the two girls were brought and being prepared to be flown to the US. On March 4 at around 1:30pm, a friend of mine informed me on phone that two little girls were in a beauty parlor in Versova with a couple of people who were doing their makeup and talking about sending them to the US. The girls looked very innocent and were unaware of their fate. On getting the information, I rushed to the spot and found that the girls were about to leave the saloon along with two men who were waiting outside. Right outside the saloon was a car parked which belonged to them. It was then that my suspicions grew stronger and I began to confront them. I inquired by the men with the girls who were in a hurry to leave the spot. The girls told me they were from Gujarat and when I questioned them about their parents, one of the four men asked me what I had to do with them. He told me that the girls were brought to the saloon because they were going to attend a marriage function.
She further said,
Before they tried to leave, I stopped them and called the cops. When the police reached the spot, I narrated the incident to them. The cops then took the men to Versova police station.”