|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Singer|
|Famous Role||Circuit in Munnabhai M.B.B.S|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||19 April 1968|
|Age (as in 2019)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Barnes School & Junior College, Deolali, Nashik district, Maharashtra (a boarding school)|
|College/University||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||10th Standard|
|Debut||Film: Tere Mere Sapne (1996)
TV: Razzmatazz (2001)
|Address||Shooting Star Films Pvt. Ltd.
A-605/606, Morya House,
Off. New Link Road,
Oshiwara, Andheri (West),
Mumbai - 400053
|Hobbies||Dancing, Biking, Cooking|
|Awards, Honours||2004: Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
2005: GIFA Best Comedian Award for Hulchul
2007: Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role, IIFA Award for Best Supporting Actor, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role, Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor, Indian Television Academy Award for Best Anchor—Game/Quiz Show for Lage Raho Munna Bhai
2011: Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Ishqiya
2013: BIG Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film (Male) for Jolly LLB
2014: IIFA Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role, Apsara Film Producers Guild Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Jolly LLB
|Controversies||• In 2001, he gave comment on a soft drink commercial starring Katrina Kaif, "How pakao is Katrina in the Slice ad, kairi pakadti hai aur vo aam ban jata hai... Angoor do toh shayad Wine banjayegi." As the comment was blown out of proportion on social media, newspaper, and electronic media, he explained himself by saying that, "My comment has nothing to do with Katrina. It's just a humorous observation on the creatives of the ad. It's called sense of humour."
• In 2016, he received death threats through phone calls, SMS and letters due to a dialogue in his movie 'The Legend of Michael Mishra', the caller said that Arshad's "body parts would be cut off" and he will be "burned alive" for saying "Daaku Valmiki se Sant Valmiki ban Jayenge." After which Arshad tweeted to justify his stand.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Maria Goretti (Blogger, Former VJ)|
|Marriage Date||14 February 1999
|Wife/Spouse||Maria Goretti (Blogger, Former VJ, m.1999-present)
Daughter- Zene Zoe
|Parents||Father- Late Ahmed Ali Khan (Musician, Singer, Poet)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Anwar Hussain (Stepbrother, Singer)
Sister- Asha Sachdev (Stepsister, Actress)
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Sport||Cricket, Football|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Volkswagen Beetle
|Bikes Collection||Harley Davidson
Ducati Monster 797 Dark Edition
|Salary (approx.)||₹2-3 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹269 Crore ($40 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arshad Warsi
- Does Arshad Warsi smoke?: No (Quit)
- Does Arshad Warsi drink alcohol?: Yes
- His original surname is ‘Khan’, but after his father became a follower of a holy man- Waris Pak, they became ‘Warsis’.
- He was a national level gymnast during his school time. Moreover, he was selected amongst thousands of students by two British men to get trained in this.
- At the age of 18, he lost his father, who died of bone cancer and two years later, his mother died of kidney failure. He then learned to live on his own and brought himself up.
- Due to some financial problems, he was not able to pursue his studies after 10th standard and worked as a salesman of cosmetics.
- Prior to joining film industry, he joined Akbar Sami’s Dance Group and won the “Indian Dance Competition” in 1991, which prompted him to become a Choreographer.
- Arshad also started his own dance academy named “Awesome”.
- He met his wife Maria Goretti at the Malhar Festival where he was the judge and Maria was a participant. Initially, he offered him to join his dance group and later, she became the lead dancer and started assisting him.
- He has worked as a choreographer in Bollywood and has choreographed the song “Roop Ki Rani” from Anil Kapoor and Sridevi starrer ‘Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja’ (1993).
- He made his debut with movie Tere Mere Sapne in 1996, and after his debut, it was reported by some online sources that he roamed around everywhere and said to everyone that the film was a hit only because of him.
- He has also worked in a photo lab to assist Mahesh Bhatt in films ‘Kaash’ (1987) and ‘Thikana’ (1988).
- He was not the first choice for Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., but his performance proved to be a turning point in his career; as before its release, he faced a continuous failure in the film industry.
- Although he recieved great laurels for his role in Hulchul, he was not satisfied with his role.
- After his remarkable performances in the first two sequels of Golmaal, i.e. Golmaal: Fun Unlimited and Golmaal Returns, he decided not to do part 3; as he was not satisfied the way his role was turned out at the end of Golmaal Returns. However, Rohit Shetty settled out the things and he did an incredible role in the other two parts- Golmaal 3 and Golmaal Again.
- He was a chain smoker for about 30 years, but he gave up smoking after his son gave a card asking him to quit smoking, Since then, Arshad decided to quit smoking for his child.
- During the making of the film ‘Kabul Express’ in Afghanistan, Arshad Warsi, and the other crew members faced regular death threats from the Taliban during the shoot of their movie, Kabul Express in Afghanistan. However, the Afghan government provided them with full security during the shoot.
- In an interview, he shared that Jaya Bachchan has helped him a lot in the establishment of his acting career.
- Boman Irani, Sanjay Dutt, Rajkumar Hirani, Vidya Balan, and Naseeruddin Shah are among his best friends in Bollywood.
- He loves biking and was also the part of a ‘bikers gang’ during his school days.
- He lent his voice for Johnny Depp‘s character of “Jack Sparrow” in the Hindi dubbing of ‘Pirates of the Caribbean.’
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡