|Other Names||Qamar Jahan The Times of India, Kamar Jahan Aaj Tak – YouTube|
|Known for||Being the rakhi sister of Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Religion||Islam The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Mohsin Sheikh (painter)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||She is the only child of her parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Qamar Mohsin Sheikh
- Qamar Mohsin Sheikh is an Indian woman hailing from Pakistan who became popular as Narendra Modi‘s Rakhi sister.
- She spent her childhood in Karachi, Pakistan, and moved to Ahmedabad, Gujarat after her marriage.
- During an interview, she revealed that Narendra Modi was associated with the RSS when she first met him during one of her visits to New Delhi. At that time, she was accompanying her painter husband to an exhibition, where he displayed his paintings. Qamar, who has no siblings, got emotional when Modi called her sister. A few years later, around 1995, Qamar started tying rakhi to Narendra Modi on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan each year.
She expressed her hope that Modi would become the Chief Minister of Gujarat, and her wish came true in 2001. Subsequently, she continued to pray for his elevation to the position of India’s Prime Minister, and once again, her prayers were answered when Modi became the 14th Prime Minister of India in 2014.
- In 2019, Sheikh gifted a painting made by her husband to Narendra Modi on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
- In 2020, when the Covid-19 pandemic swept through the country, she found herself unable to meet Modi in person for the occasion for the subsequent 2-3 years. During this period, she would send the rakhi to him.
- In 2023, Sheikh announced that she will travel to New Delhi and personally tie a handmade rakhi on the Prime Minister’s wrist. During an interview, where she described the handmade rakhi, she mentioned that she had crafted a red-coloured rakhi specifically for him, as red is often seen as a symbol of strength. Additionally, she revealed her plan to gift Modi a book on agriculture, knowing of his fondness for reading.