Some Lesser Known Facts About Theresa May
- Does Theresa May smoke?: Not Known
- Does Theresa May drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She passed her graduation with second class in Geography from Oxford University.
- She worked at the Bank of England between 1977 and 1983.
- In international affairs at the Association for Payment Clearing Services, she worked as a financial consultant and senior adviser from 1985 to 1997.
- In 1981, her father, Hubert Brasier, died in a car accident and within a month of her father’s death, her mother also died of multiple sclerosis.
- Her husband, Philip, is younger to her by two years. She was introduced to her husband by Benazir Bhutto, who went on to become Pakistan’s Prime Minister.
- Theresa May has been considered one of the longest-serving home secretaries of the United Kingdom.
- She became the 4th woman in the history of British politics to hold one of the British Great Offices of State.
- She has a huge collection of shoes and photographers are obsessed with her shoes.
- She is considered a very private person and is not showy.
- She is suffering with Type 1 diabetes and has to take insulin injections twice a day.
- She is known for her campaign to encourage women to join Parliament and has been a former president of Women2Win.
- In 2014, she was forced to apologise for massive backlog in passport applications.
- She kept very low profile during the European Union Referendum.
- When she was appointed the Prime Minister of United Kingdom on 13 July 2016, she became the second woman in the history of British Politics after Margaret Thatcher to do so.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)