|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Short Film: Sainma
Telugu Film: Jayammu Nischayammu Raa (2016)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won the Best Comedian (Telugu) Award at the South Indian International Movie Awards in 2018, for the film Arjun Reddy
• Won the Best Comedian Award at the Zee Cine Awards in 2020, for the film Brochevarevarura
• Nominated for the Best Supporting Actor (Telugu) Award at Filmfare Awards South in 2019, for the film Geetha Govindam
• Nominated for the Best Comedian Award at the South Indian International Movie Awards in 2021, for the film Brochevarevarura
|Date of Birth||Tuesday, 15 January 1991|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Educational Qualification||Engineering drop-out The Hindu|
|Relationships & More|
• Bindu (software professional) (ex-girlfriend)
|Parents||Father- Name not known
Mother- Sheela Mamidenna (Author)
|Quote||accepting loss forever|
|Filmmakers||• Agnes Varda
• Bong Joon Ho
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rahul Ramakrishna
- Rahul Ramakrishna is an Indian actor, who works predominantly in the Telugu film industry.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a comedian, a journalist, and a writer.
- Before his college days, Rahul worked backstage with small theatre groups but never got the opportunity to be on stage.
- After dropping out in the final year of his degree, Rahul resorted to various jobs like data entry and writing reviews for websites. In an interview, he said,
I wasn’t cut out for engineering. I quit after dragging it for four years. I began working to fend for myself and did odd jobs like data entry operations and writing reviews for websites. I worked in a couple of newspapers and joined an NGO where I got to work with Dalits, Adivasis and marginalized farmers. Later I was introduced to Forum Theatre and during one such workshop, I was initiated into acting.”
- In an interview, he revealed that he was initiated into acting during a workshop that he attended while he did Forum Theatre.
- He began his career as an actor with a short film titled ‘Sainma’, which was directed by Tharun Bhascker Dhaassyam.
- He made his Tollywood debut with ‘Jayammu Nischayammu Raa’ in 2016. Apart from being an actor, he was also the dialogue writer for the film.
- He shot to fame for his acclaimed role of Vijay’s friend Shiva, in the film Arjun Reddy, in 2017.
- He starred in various movies such as Chi La Sow (2018), Brochevarevarura (2019), Pressure Cooker (2020), and Jathi Ratnalu (2021).
- He also acted in the Telugu blockbuster RRR, which crossed Rs. 900 crore worldwide collection.
- Rahul Ramakrishna is also a dialogue writer and lyricist. According to him, he started writing to supplement his income.
- He wrote the song ‘Merise Merise ’ in Sainma and three songs for the film, Pelli Choopulu.
- Rahul is also a TV presenter and has hosted the Telugu cooking show, Wow Emi Ruchi.
- In 2018, Ramakrishna announced his plan to get married to the love of his life, Bindu on 15 January 2019; however, during the promotions of one of his films, he clarified that his wedding plans have been postponed due to his busy shooting schedule.
- In 2019, when Ramakrishna’s film, Mithai, was poorly received by both the critics and the audience, he deleted his Twitter account for almost 2 months. Cinema Express
- In 2020, Rahul Ramakrishna tweeted about the trauma that he went through when he suffered sexual abuse in childhood. His fans and colleagues from the industry praised him for his courage and remarkable resilience.
- In 2022, Rahul Ramakrishna tweeted to announce his retirement from the film industry, which caused a stir among his fans.
However, he later clarified that it was a prank, and those who thought that he was leaving his high-paying job were fools. He tweeted,
It’s a joke you fools Why would I throw away a high paying, luxury life so full of benefits? I can’t believe my friends are calling me up to congratulate me on my retirement”
He deleted both tweets after some time.
- According to Ramakrishna, he is an imaginary bass player, has a short temper, and can make decent sambar. VoxSpace