|Profession(s)||Costume Designer, Fashion Stylist, Actress|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Hair Colour||Golden Brown|
|Debut||Film: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) as Sheena (Simran’s friend)
|Awards||• 8th IIFA Award for ‘Best Costume Design’ for the film “Dhoom 2” (2007)
• 11th IIFA Award for ‘Best Costume Design’ for the film “Love Aaj Kal” (2010)
|Date of Birth||25 February 1972 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Bombay International School, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation Hindustan Times|
|Controversy||In 2020, Kangana Ranaut's team accused Anaita of using her pictures for the fashion magazine “Vogue India” even after the magazine banned Kangana. The tweet read,
"@VogueIndia has banned Kangana, (her last cover with them was 5 years ago), because @Anaita_Adajania (their style editor & now Fashion Director) is very close to Karan Johar, but is it fair for them to keep using her old videos to keep making money?” Gulf Today
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 2002|
|Husband/Spouse||Homi Adajania (Film Director and Screenwriter)
|Children||Son(s)- Zane Adajania, Zreh Adajania
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Roshan Shroff
Sister- Scherezade Shroff (Former Model and Actress)
|Alcoholic Beverage||Vodka Passion Fruit|
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Film Director||Karan Johar|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anaita Shroff Adajania
- Anaita Shroff Adajania is an Indian fashion stylist, costume designer, and actress. She is the fashion director of the fashion and lifestyle magazine Vogue India.
- Adajania was fascinated by fashion since childhood.
- In her college days, she used to buy magazines like Vogue and Seventeen from her pocket money.
- Anaita used to cut out prints from magazines and collect them in her file.
- Post her graduation, Anaita interned with Mahesh Mathai, a director and producer. However, she didn’t like the work there and decided to go on a travel break.
- During her travel holiday, Shroff often observed people’s style of dressing, and soon, after she returned from her holiday, she received an offer to work with Elle magazine as an assistant fashion editor (1996).
- Anaita worked with Elle for a while and then joined the French magazine L’Officiel India as a fashion editor.
- Adajania is the founder of the fashion and styling firm “Style Cell Company.”
- In 2001, Anaita styled the looks of the cast of the film “Everybody Says I’m Fine!.”
- She rose to fame by styling the looks of John Abraham and Esha Deol for the Bollywood film “Dhoom” (2004).
- She worked as a fashion stylist and costume designer for many Bollywood films like “Being Cyrus” (2006), “Dhoom 2” (2006), “Love Aaj Kal” (2009), “Cocktail” (2012), and “Bang Bang” (2014).
- Her work has been published in many fashion magazines like “Vogue,” “L’Officiel,” “Rolling Stone,” and “Elle.”
- Anaita has worked as the fashion stylist of the Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone for many years.
- Anaita also played the role of ‘Gita’ (Rohit’s friend) in the Bollywood film “Kal Ho Naa Ho” (2003).
- In an interview, when she was asked about a piece of clothing that she disliked, She said,
Boring black trousers!”
- She shares a great bond with the popular film director Karan Johar.
- During an interview, while talking about getting a role in the Bollywood film “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge,” Anaita said,
Karan and I knew each other from our college days. We were not from the same college, but we would take part in college fashion shows. He was the head choreographer, the ultimate style consultant. When he was assisting Adi in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, he asked me to cast Kajol’s friends in the film, who go on the Eurorail trip with her. I couldn’t get one of them, so Adi asked me to step in. So you see me in a bit role in DDLJ!”