Raj Kaushal (Mandira Bedi’s Husband) Age, Death, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Director, Producer, Stunt Director, and Writer|
|Famous for||Being the husband of Mandira Bedi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Bald (earlier Black)|
|Date of Birth||24 July 1970 (Friday)|
|Date of Death||30 June 2021|
|Place of Death||Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||49 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest Hindustan Times|
|School||St. Anne’s High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||University of Mumbai Facebook|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Tattoo(s)||• On the left side of his chest: His wife’s nickname ‘Mandu’
• On his right arm: His name’s initials ‘RK’
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Mandira Bedi (Actor and TV Host)|
|Marriage Date||14 February 1999
|Children||Son- Vir Kaushal (image in wife's section)
Daughter- Tara Bedi Kaushal (adopted in 2020) (image in wife's section) Hindustan Times
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Kanta Chatterji
|Siblings||He had one sister.
|Car Collection||• Toyota Fortuner 4×4
• Tata Nexon EV
|Bike Collection||• Harley Davidson
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Kaushal
- Raj Kaushal was an Indian director, producer, writer, and stunt director.
- He was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- In 1996, he met the Indian actress Mandira Bedi while he was working as a chief assistant. He was taking auditions for the show ‘Philips 10,’ when he saw Mandira for the first time. In an interview, Raj talked about it. He said,
We met seven years ago at producer Nitin Manmohan’s office. I was Mukul Anand’s chief assistant and was busy with auditions for a countdown show called Philips Top 10. Mandira was also called for an audition. That’s when I saw her for the first time. She was wearing a red and white striped T-shirt and khaki pants. I had seen her in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, but I never really noticed her till then. We would meet quite frequently at Mukul Anand’s house. It took us three meetings before I knew that she was the one. I told her that I was looking at marriage. She is a vegetarian and I’m non-vegetarian. Some of our first dates were in Udipi Hotels.”
- After a few meetings, they fell in love with each other. In an interview, Mandira shared why she liked Raj. She said,
He is a basic person, very honest. There is nothing fake about him like people who don masks to hide their true selves. With Raj, it’s – what you see is what you get.”
- During an interview, while talking about Mandira, Raj said,
Mandira is a cultured, intelligent and beautiful girl. Being from the same industry, she was well aware of how hectic life can be. She has always been supportive, even during our hard times. It was simple. I met her, liked her and went after her. I don’t think any man would want to miss such an opportunity.”
- In an interview, Raj shared his experience of meeting Mandira’s parents for the first time. He said,
There were no objections from my parents, In fact, my mother was really happy that I was settling down. Meeting her parents was a little awkward at first as she comes from a family of bankers. Her father is a complete corporate person. But they warmed up to me soon. I guess they had no choice!”
- On 14 February 1999, the couple got married following two marriage rituals- firstly the couple tied the knot according to Arya Samaj, and then they followed Anand Karaj ceremony.
- Raj directed a few Hindi films like ‘Shaadi Ka Laddoo’ (2004), ‘Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi’ (1999), and ‘Anthony Kaun Hai’ (2006).
- He worked as a producer in many Hindi films such as ‘Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi’ (1999), ‘Shaadi Ka Laddoo’ (2004), and ‘My Brother… Nikhil’ (2005).
- In 1992, he directed the stunts in the Hindi film ‘Bekhudi.’
- A few days before his demise, in 2021, he was directing the Hindi web-series ‘Akkad Bakkad.’
- Raj was a dog lover and had a pet dog named Jay.
View this post on Instagram
- In his leisure time, he used to read books, travel to new places, and went on motorcycle trips with his male friends.
- He used to support the IPL cricket team Mumbai Indians.
- In 2003, rubbishing all the rumours of Mandira’s affair with the Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh, Raj said,
I’ve known Yuvraj Singh since he joined the Indian cricket team so it doesn’t make much of a difference. It is in times like these that trust plays a vital role in a relationship. Just because you are seen with someone in public, the media creates stories to spice things up. When this happened, Mandira was in South Africa and I was shooting for a commercial in Malaysia.”
- He was a long time best friend of the Indian actor, Ashish Chaudhary.
- Raj Kaushal received the Newsmaker’s Achievers- Entertainment Award for Best Direction for one of his films on 1 May 2019.
- He was a spiritual person and used to visit nearby temples with his family.
View this post on Instagram
- He passed away on 30 June 2021 at 4.30 am, and on his demise, many popular Indian celebrities shared their grief through social media.
The Indian actor Ronit Roy wrote on his Instagram account,
And just like that, he’s gone, even without saying goodbye. Too numb with grief and shock to react. This is not fair, just not fair. Raj, my friend, my brother, keep spreading the cheer where ever your next abode is. Knowing your penchant for good homes, I am sure you are looking for a good spot in heaven RIGHT NOW! We all loved you dearly and you know that. Unfortunately, we kept saying next week and that week never came. See you on the other side, my bro. Till we raise hell again, REST IN PEACE.”
The Indian actress Divya Dutta tweeted,
What! Omg! No! Gone oo soon Raj!.”
Actress Tisca Chopra took to Twitter to share her condolence on his demise,
My heart goes out to @mandybedi and her two lovely kids. #RIP our happy smiling Raj.. your gentle soul will be missed.”