|Full name||Rajat Manohar Patidar citation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- Did not make yet
Test- Did not make yet
T20- Did not make yet
|Jersey Number||#19 (IPL)|
|Domestic/State Team||• India B
• India Blue
• Madhya Pradesh
• Madhya Pradesh Under-19s
• Madhya Pradesh Under-22s
• Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Coach/Mentor||Amay Khurariya Espn Cric Info
|Batting Style||Right hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm off-break|
|Date of Birth||01 June 1993|
|Age (as of 2021)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Indore, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||New Digamer Public School|
|Tattoo(s)||Maze Geometric Tattoo on his left forearm
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Manohar Patidar
Mother- Name not known
|Cricketer||Batsman- Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara
|Football Club||Manchester United|
|Net Worth (approx.)||20 Lakhs INR citation|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajat Patidar
- Rajat Patidar is an Indian professional cricketer, who plays as a batsman for Madhya Pradesh in the domestic leagues and Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL.
- Rajat Patidar did not play age-group cricket, due to lack of opportunities and started playing domestic cricket from the age of 18. Initially, he started as a fast bowler but switched to spin bowling to get more opportunities to play junior cricket.
- Rajat Patidar had an ACL injury in his right knee that forced him out of the game for quite a while in 2014. Due to the nature of the injury, the doctors told him that he’d be out for at least eight months.
- Rajat Patidar’s family didn’t want him to get the surgery done to repair his damaged ACL instead told him to get a degree and take over their family business. It took a lot of persuasion from his side to make his family reconsider their decision.
- Rajat Patidar worked under the tutelage of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association(MPCA) coach Amay Khurasiya after he recovered from his injury.
- Rajat Patidar made his first-class debut for Madhya Pradesh against Baroda in the 2015-16 Ranji Trophy at Vadodara on 30 November 2015. He played an impressive knock on his debut innings scoring 60 odd runs and getting his maiden century in the second innings.
- Rajat Patidar has played 36 first-class matches and scored 2253 runs, including 6 centuries and 11 half-centuries, and his best individual score in the format is 196 runs. He was the highest run-scorer for his state team Madhya Pradhesh in the 2018-19 Ranji trophy season.
- Rajat Patidar made his List-A debut for Madhya Pradesh against Saurashtra in Vijay Hazare Trophy at Rajkot on 11 December 2015. He scored a half-century off 40 balls on his List-A debut with a strike rate of 132.50 that included 8 boundaries and a maximum.
- Rajat Patidar has played 37 List-A matches and scored 1240 runs with his best individual score for Madhya Pradesh in this format is 158 runs.
- It took him two years to make his T20 debut in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for Madhya Pradesh against Rajasthan at Raipur. He scored 38 runs off 26 balls with a strike rate of 146.15 that included 3 boundaries and a maximum.
- Rajat Patidar has played in 26 T20 matches and amassed 770 runs at a strike rate of 140.25 and his best score in the respective format is 96 runs.
- Rajat Patidar received a call up to play for the India Blue team in the 2019-20 Duleep Trophy in August 2019.
- Rajat Patidar was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the auction ahead of the 2020-2021 edition of the IPL season at a base price of 20 lakhs INR. After being scouted for almost two seasons, it came to him as a surprise as he was merely expecting to be shortlisted at the auction let alone being bought by any franchise team.
Rajat Patidar, is #NowARoyalChallenger! 🤩
A huge warm welcome to the RCB #ClassOf2021. 🙌🏻
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) February 18, 2021
- Rajat Patidar shared his experience after being bought by the RCB camp and told about the text he received from team captain Virat Kohli, whom he has always looked up to as an idol in an interview. He said-:
It’s been amazing, the last few months. The night of the IPL auction, I received a text from Virat saying ‘welcome Rajat, wishing you the best, go smash it.’ I didn’t even have his number. Now, getting a chance to bat with him in the nets and maybe even in the matches will be a dream.”
- Rajat Patidar seemed to have impressed team captain Virat Kohli and RCB batting consultant Sanjay Bangar in the nets during his practice session at a four-day conditioning camp for uncapped players.
- Rajat Patidar made his debut for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Mumbai Indians in the opening day clash. He scored 8 runs and gave away his wicket cheaply and was dropped in the next match against Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Rajat Patidar played a vital knock scoring 31 runs off 22 balls against Delhi Capitals at MA Chidambaram Stadium. He had played 4 matches for Royal Challengers Bangalore before the IPL 2021 season got suspended.
This is a Rajat Patidar appreciation post. ❤️
— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) April 28, 2021