|Full name||Rinku Khanchandra Singh|
|Nickname(s)||• Junior Raina
• Lord Rinku Singh
|Famous for||Hitting 5 consecutive sixes off Yash Dayal in 2023 IPL against Gujarat Titans|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||T20- 18 August 2023 vs Ireland at The Village
ODI- Did not play
Test- Did not play
|Jersey Number||# Did Not Play (India)
# 3 (Domestic)
|Domestic/State Team||• Uttar Pradesh Under-16
• Uttar Pradesh Under-19
• Central Zone Under-19
• Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association XI
• Uttar Pradesh Under-23
• Uttar Pradesh
• Indian Board President's XI
• Deccan Gladiators
• India A
• Central Zone
• Punjab Kings
• Kolkata Knight Riders
• Masud-uz-Zafar Amini
• Suresh Sharma
• Mansoor Ahmad
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Off Break|
|Favourite Shot||Inside Out|
|Date of Birth||12 October 1997 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualifications||He is 8th standard pass.|
|Caste||Dalit Twitter - Dr Nimo Yadav|
|Hobbies||Workouts, Playing different Games|
|Tattoo(s)||four tattoos on his right arm which includes a dove, a rose, the word Family, and a clock showing the time 2:26, the exact moment he was selected for KKR in the 2018 auction.
|Controversies||• 3 Months Ban News Nation CNN-News18
BCCI banned him for three months with effect from 1 June 2019 for playing in the Ramadan T20 Tournament held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates without taking permission from BCCI. He played for Deccan Gladiators and helped them win the tournament by scoring 104 runs off 58 balls in the final against New Medical Centre. BCCI released a statement to announce his ban which said, "Mr. Singh did not seek permission from the BCCI before taking part in the T20 league hence directly violating the BCCI rules and regulations. As per the BCCI norms, a player registered with the Board cannot play in any tournaments abroad without the Board's permission. Mr. Rinku Singh therefore has been suspended with immediate effect for a period of three months starting June 1, 2019. He has been removed from the current India A squad set to play a multi-day game against Sri Lanka A starting May 31, 2019."
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Khanchandra Singh (delivers LPG cylinders) The Indian Express
Mother- Vina Devi (Homemaker)
• Jeetu Singh (drives an autorickshaw) The Indian Express
• Name not known (works in a coaching centre) The Indian Express
Note: He is the third among six siblings. The Indian Express
|Cricketer||Batsmen- Suresh Raina, Sachin Tendulkar
Bowler- Not Known
|Cars Collection||Maruti Brezza SUV
|Bikes Collection||Royal Enfield Bullet 350
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rinku Singh
- Rinku Singh is an Indian cricketer who became famous after hitting 5 consecutive sixes in a 2023 IPL match against Gujarat Titans. He plays for Uttar Pradesh and Central Zone in the domestic circuit. He has represented Punjab Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders in Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Since his childhood, he was interested in cricket and used to play with his brothers and other boys in the neighbourhood.
- He got admission in Delhi Public School, Aligarh through sports quota after DPS principal Swapnil Jain saw him play unbeaten innings of 68 runs.
- He dropped out of school after he failed in 9th standard to support his family as he belonged to a poor financial background.
- He was once offered a job cleaning a coaching centre; however, he did not like the job and told his family that he would focus on cricket to improve his family’s condition. He later talked about this in an interview and said,
My mom once told me that your father isn’t supporting you, so why don’t you get a job. I thought of taking a job to support my family at a coaching center near us. I thought I’ll get a good job and went wearing a shirt and pant. But I was offered a sweeping job. They said you come and sweep in the morning before anyone comes, no one will get to know you do this. I didn’t like that and I told myself I’ll focus on cricket instead and I left from there. I worked hard and my hard work has paid off.” CNN-News18
- Rinku Sing hails from a humble background where his father is an LPG delivery man and another side his brother is an Auto Rikshaw driver.
- There are nine members of his family and they all live in a small two-room house located in the compound of an LPG distribution company. He later built a three-storeyed house; however, his parents still live in the small house.
- His father did not like cricket and wanted him to focus on his studies, and he even used to beat him with a stick to stop him from playing cricket; however, in 2012, he played in a tournament named Cricket World Cup organised by DPS Aligarh where he played against teams from Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka and finished the tournament with 354 runs and 8 wickets. He won a Motor Bike as a Man-of-the-series award in a tournament in Delhi where his parents were also present in the audience. His incredible performance made his father his biggest supporter, and he never beat him again or stopped him from playing cricket. Kolkata Knight Riders
- He represented the Uttar Pradesh team in all three formats in various categories including Under-16, Under-19, and Under-23 levels. He scored 154 runs in his debut match in the Vijay Merchant Trophy.
- On 5 March 2014, he played his debut one-day match for Uttar Pradesh against Vidarbha at Jaipur in the Vijay Hazare Trophy and scored 83 runs off 87 balls.
- On 31 March 2014, he played his debut T20 match for Uttar Pradesh against Vidarbha at Jaipur in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and scored 24 runs off 5 balls with 5 fours and 2 sixes.
- He represented Central Zone Under-19 in 2014, Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association XI in 2015, and Indian Board President’s XI in 2018.
- On 5 November 2016, he played his debut Ranji match for Uttar Pradesh against Punjab and scored 50 runs in the first innings and 43 runs not out in the second innings.
- He became popular in domestic cricket for scoring runs in the Ranji Trophy and Vijay Hazare Trophy at an average of more than 50.
- In 2017, Kings XI Punjab bought him for the base price of Rs 10 lakhs but unfortunately, he didn’t get a chance to play even in a single match.
- His father left his profession of LPG distribution as he got to know that his son is selected for the IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab in 2017.
- He was the highest runscorer for Uttar Pradesh in the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy with 803 runs in 9 matches in the group stage and 953 runs in 10 matches in the tournament including 4 centuries with the scores of 149, 149, 150, and 163 runs not out.
- He was got noticed by IPL Franchise when he scored 91 off 31 balls in a campaign by Mumbai Indians. That explosive knock was the reason behind his buying by Kolkata Knight Riders who acquired him for Rs 80 lakhs against his base price of Rs 20 lakhs. His whole family was very happy with his selection, and he said that he could now organise a grand wedding for his sister Neha. He said,
Last year, after being picked in the auction, I started dreaming of organising a glittering wedding for my sister. Now that KKR has taken me for Rs 80 lakh, my dream has strengthened.” Hindustan Times
- His monthly family income was 12000 from all sources but after his selection in IPL, it changed.
- On 8 April 2018, he made his debut in IPL against Royal Challengers Bangalore and scored 6 runs off 6 balls.
- He made 29 runs in 4 matches in the 2018 IPL at an average of 7.25 and a strike rate of 93.54 with the highest score of 16 runs; he took 4 catches in the tournament.
- He made 37 runs in 5 matches in the 2019 IPL at an average of 18.50 and a strike rate of 108.82 with the highest score of 30 runs; he took 1 catch in the tournament.
- He made 11 runs in 1 match in the 2020 IPL at an average of 11 and a strike rate of 100; he took 1 catch in the tournament.
- In a Vijay Hazare Trophy match, he suffered a meniscus tear in his right knee which rule him out of cricket for 6-7 months. He underwent an operation and recovered successfully; however, he could not play in the 2021 IPL.
- His father got stressed after he came to know about his injury and did not eat for 2-3 days. Rinku later talked about this phase in an interview and said,
I trained hard the way my body language is. The team never thought I was down. Last year was quite tough for me as I got a knee injury during the Vijay Hazare Trophy while running a double. The moment I fell, I thought of the IPL. They told me I needed an operation and would require 6-7 months to recover. I wasn’t happy staying away from cricket for so long. My father didn’t eat for 2-3 days. I told him its’ just an injury and it’s part of cricket. I’m the sole breadwinner of my life and when such things happen, it is bound to be worrisome. I was a bit sad, but I knew I would recover quickly as I had a lot of self-belief.” India Today
- KKR again acquired him in the 2022 IPL mega-auction for Rs 55 lakhs against his base price of Rs 20 lakhs.
- He made 174 runs in 7 matches in the 2022 IPL at an average of 34.80 and a strike rate of 148.72 with the highest score of 42 runs not out; he took 9 catches in the tournament.
- In the match against Rajasthan Royals in the 2022 IPL, he won his first Man of the Match award by scoring 42 runs off 23 balls at a strike rate of 182.61.
- In the match against Lucknow Super Giants in the 2022 IPL, he scored 18 runs off 5 balls in the last over bowled by Marcus Stoinis; however, he was dismissed on the second-last delivery, and KKR lost the match by a margin of 2 runs.
- He earned the spotlight after he hit five consecutive sixes to Yash Dayal‘s final over to help KKR beat Gujarat Titans (GT) in an IPL 2023 match; KKR needed 28 off the final five balls.
— JioCinema (@JioCinema) April 9, 2023
- According to Rinku, before KKR bought him, he was battling poverty back home and was contemplating leaving the game to take care of his family.
- After hitting five consecutive sixes against Gujarat Titans (GT) in an IPL 2023 match, he talked about his family and said,
Father used to earn some Rs 6-7 thousand monthly, as was the elder brother. My family is a bit big and I had no option other than to focus hard on cricket. Life mein struggle bahut kiya, may be God is repaying for those days.” The Indian Express
- KKR tweeted about his heroics and KKR coach Chandrakant Pandit compared him to Ravi Shastri and Javed Miandad. Rinku said in an interview that he was confident and said,
Feel good, it was my life’s best innings, the whole country has now heard of me. I have played such innings before, so I was confident, and I’m confident about the number I play at. It is a big deal for me to be compared with the big players like (Ravi) Shastri and (Javed) Miandad. I loved Nitish bhaiya’s reaction the best. He was running hard at me, I was worried we might hit each other. Ut that was great. Pandit ji hugged me and almost cried, he said ‘you saved our respect (izzat rakh li).” CNN-News18
— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) April 9, 2023
- A tweet was done by Shah Rukh Khan, KKR owner, which depicted Rinku Singh in an edited poster of Khan’s film Pathaan.
Shah Rukh sir yaaar ♥️
Love you sir & thank you for your constant support 🙏🏻 https://t.co/WYswjeFsvm
— Rinkusingh (@rinkusingh235) April 9, 2023
- He is the first player from Aligarh to play in IPL.