Rajesh Sharma Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Sangeeta Sharma
Age: 42 Years
Hometown: Ludhiana, Punjab
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Bengali): Paromitar Ek Din (2000) as Rajeev Shrivastav
Film (Hindi): Parineeta (2005) as Ratan
Film (Odia): Sakhi Rahila ae Singha Duara (2007) in a supporting role
Film (Punjabi): Golak Bugni Bank Te Batua (2018) as a money exchanger
Film (Tamil): Vada Chennai (2018) as Chanchal
Web Series (Hindi): Life Sahi Hai (2018) as a maid agency owner; streamed on Zee5
|Date of Birth||8 October 1980 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|College/University||National School of Drama, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||A course in acting National School of Drama’s Official Website|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sudipta Chakraborty (Bengali actress)
• Sangeeta Sharma
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage: Year, 2005
• Second Marriage: Year, 2011
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife: Sudipta Chakraborty (m. 2005-div. 2009)
• Second Wife: Sangeeta Sharma
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Co-Stars||Sanjay Dutt, Vidya Balan|
|Film Director||Neeraj Pandey|
|Song||Zindagi Ke Safar Me from the Hindi film Aap Ki Kasam (1974)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajesh Sharma
- Rajesh Sharma is an Indian actor, who predominantly appears in Hindi and Bengali films. He came into the limelight with his performance in various Hindi films like ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015), ‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ (2017), and ‘Dream Girl’ (2019).
- In an interview, Rajesh shared that since his childhood, he dreamt of becoming an actor.
- In 1994, he used to work as a taxi driver for Bachchan Singh Dhaba to support his family financially. In the morning, he would work as a driver, and in the evening, he would pursue his passion for theatre by performing on stage. India Times
- Rajesh started his career as a theatre artist by joining a theatre group named ‘Rangakarmi’ in Kolkata. With the group, he participated in numerous theatre plays such as ‘Gudia Ki Ghar’ and ‘Rangakarmi.’
- While he was pursuing an acting course at the National School of Drama, he was classmates with the Indian actor Ashish Vidyarthi.
- In acting, Rajesh considers Usha Ganguly, a prominent Indian theatre director, as his mentor. In an interview, he expressed gratitude towards Usha Ganguly and Aparna Sen (both Indian theatre directors), for their assistance in making his acting career.
- Rajesh Sharma became popular in Bengali films primarily for his portrayal of negative characters. Some of his Bengali films as an actor are ‘Pratibad’ (2001), ‘Bombaiyer Bombete’ (2003), ‘Kranti’ (2006), ‘Baishe Srabon’ (2011), ‘Dotara’ (2018), and ‘Purba Paschim Dakshin’ (2019).
- Some sources have claimed that his debut Hindi film was ‘Maachis’ (1996). Planet Bollywood However, in an interview, Rajesh denied it and said,
No, that is a wrong piece of information floating on the internet. The first film I shot for was ‘Khosla Ka Ghosla’ but my first release was ‘Parineeta’. The former got delayed and released next year in 2006.”
- In 1999, Rajesh appeared in the Hindi TV series ‘Star Bestellers,’ in which he appeared in the first episode ‘Govind Aur Ganesh.’ The series was aired on Star Plus.
- He has appeared in several popular Hindi films like ‘The Dirty Picture’ (2011), ‘Special 26’ (2013), ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015), ‘M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ (2016), ‘Dream Girl’ (2019), ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2’ (2022), and ‘Darlings’ (2022).
- Some of his Hindi short films are ‘Mirzaa’ (2017), ‘Armed’ (2018), ‘Red’ (2019), ‘Tindey’ (2019), and ‘Almariyaan’ (2020). In 2019, he received the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his performance in the Hindi short film ‘Tindey.’
- In 2020, he played the character Ravikant Agarwal in the Bengali-Hindi web series ‘Kark Rogue,’ which streamed on Zee5.
- Furthermore, he has acted in Hindi web series like ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020; Amazon Prime Video), ‘JL50’ (2021; Sony LIV), and ‘Amit Bhadana LLB’ (2022; YouTube).
- He has been featured in TV commercials for several brands such as Godrej Security Systems, Ferns N Petals, and Gintaa.
- In 2020, he hosted the Bengali TV show ‘Bengal Crime.’
- He once shared that his role as Titu Mama in the Hindi film ‘Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana’ (2012) was one of his favourite roles from his films .
- In 2021, he bought an MG Hector car.
- During his leisure time, he enjoys travelling and listening to music.
- His work is handled by Shah Entertainment Media, a celebrity management company based in Mumbai, owned by Sunny Shah.
|↑1||National School of Drama’s Official Website|