Wife: Ayesha Raza Mishra
|Famous Role||Khattana (canteen man) in the movie Rockstar (2011)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.7 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Sardari Begum (1996)
TV: Swabhimaan (1995); DD National
|Birthplace||Town Chakghat, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||Rashtriya Military School in Belgaum, Karnataka|
|College/University||National School of Drama, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts
• Diploma in Acting
|Hobbies||Reading and Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ayesha Raza (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||9 February 2008|
|Wife/Spouse||Ayesha Raza (Actress)
|Children||Son- Kabir Mishra
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Military Personnel)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Food||Pani Puri, Tea and Rasmalai|
|Favourite Actor||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Theatre Artist(s)||Satyadev Dubey, Anupam Kher|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kumud Mishra
- Does Kumud Mishra smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kumud Mishra drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kumud Mishra is a popular Bollywood and theatre actor.
- He was born in Chakghat, Rewa, Madhya Pradesh. He did his schooling from Rashtriya Military School in Belgaum, Karnataka.
- After school, he returned to Bhopal, where he did his graduation in Arts. He studied History and Political Science as major subjects. He also appeared in the ‘Combined Defence Service’ written examination and cleared it.
- He said in an interview, that he used to get amazed when his grandfather cried while reciting the chaupayi and dohe (verses). His father used to organise Ramleela. His father was an army man and a theatre artist too.
- His father motivated him to join ‘Bharat Bhavan Culture Centre’ in Bhopal, where he acted in theatre plays. There, he worked with the renowned theatre directors like Sachin Tiwari, John Martin, Alok Nandan, Bansi Kaul and many more. He also worked with Prabhat Ganguly’s ‘The Little Ballet Theatre.’ In 1989, he participated in the festival of India in USSR.
- In 1990, he joined the famous ‘National School of Drama’ and did diploma in acting from there. His guru ‘Satyadev Dubey’ called him to Mumbai for an audition. It was for the movie ‘The Making of the Mahatma (1996),’ directed by Shyam Benegal. He was in the top-list of selected candidates, but Rajit Kapoor was selected for the role of the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
- He has also been associated with the renowned ‘Prithvi Theatre’ for more than 20 years.
- In 1996, he debuted in the Bollywood movie ‘Sardari Begum,’ and he played the role of Amode Bajaj in it. After that, he continued working in theatre plays.
- Actor ‘Nawazuddin Siddiqui‘ was his junior in the National School of Drama, Delhi.
- After a few years, in 2007, he was roped in for another movie ‘1971.’ However, after doing supporting roles in many Bollywood movies, he couldn’t get the desired recognition in the film industry.
- In 2008, he got married to Ayesha Raza, and they have a son-Kabir Mishra. Ayesha Raza is a famous Bollywood actress and has appeared in movies like Dhoom (2004), Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety (2018), and Bharat (2019).
- In 2011, Kumud appeared in the movie ‘Rockstar’ starring Ranbir Kapoor and Nargis Fakhri. His role as Khatana Bhai (the canteen man) was appraised by critics and the public. His dialogues which became very popular are-
Shiddat honi chahiye pyar me, dard hona chahiye.Ye koi pyaar vyar nahi hai, dil ka tootna nahi hai, ocha pan hai ye
Toote hue dil se hi sangeet nikalta hai, jab dil ki lagti hai na, tukde tukde hote hain, tab aati hai jhankaar”
- After that, he bagged many Bollywood movies such as: Ranjhanaa (2013), Revolver Rani (2014), Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014), Badlapur (2015), Bangistan (2015), Airlift (2016), Sultan (2016), Rustom (2016), MS Dhoni: The untold story (2016), Rock On 2 (2016), Jolly LLB 2 (2017), and P Se Pyaar F Se Faraar (2019).
- He formed a theatre group ‘D for DRAMA’ along with two members in 2013. His play ‘Dhumrapaan’ has been selected for META awards 2017 with nominations in 5 categories.
- He was also seen in the short film ‘Laddoo (2019).’ The content of the film was very sensitive, and it was appraised by all.