|Real Name||Priyakant Sharma|
|Profession||Actor, Poet, Lyricist, Music Director, Singer, Scriptwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||13 January 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|School||Carmel Convent School, Gwalior
JC Mills Higher Secondary School, Gwalior
National School of Drama, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Acting|
|Debut||TV Series: Bharat Ek Khoj (1988)
Hindi Film: Dil Se (1998)
Tamil Film: Samurai (2002)
Telugu Film: Super (2004)
Lyrics Writing: 'Pagal' from the film Dil Pe Mat Le Yaar!! (2000)
Dialogue Writing: The Legend of Bhagat Singh (2002)
Screenplay: Yahaan (2005)
Singing: 'Aarambh hai prachand' from Gulaal (2009)
Composition: Gulaal (2009)
|Family||Father- Pratap Kumar Sharma
Mother- Taradevi Mishra
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversy||In 2018, during the MeToo campaign, Ketki Joshi, former newspaper staffer alleged that he sexually harassed her in 2014.|
|Favourite Directors||Tigmanshu Dhulia, Anurag Kashyap|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Priya Narayanan (Architect)|
|Wife/Spouse||Priya Narayanan (m. 1995- present)|
|Children||Sons- Josh Mishra,
Some Lesser Known Facts About Piyush Mishra
- Does Piyush Mishra smoke: Not Known
- Does Piyush Mishra drink alcohol: No (Used to be an alcoholic)
- Piyush was born as Priyakant Sharma and at an early age, adopted by his father’s eldest sister, who had no children.
- Though his parents got him admitted to the Carmel Convent School to help him nourish his academics, he instead became more inclined towards the extracurricular activities like singing, acting, and painting.
- He had written his first poem “Zinda ho haan tum koi Shaq Nahi” as an eighth-grader.
- ‘Piyush Mishra’ was the name he had coined for himself after completing his matriculation. This was the time, he began growing as a theatre artist, and despite all the appreciation that he bagged, his parents wanted him to focus on studies.
- With a desire of getting out of his hometown, he appeared for the entrance exam of National School of Drama in 1983 and eventually got the admission there.
- During his time in the NSD, he composed his first music sheet for ‘Mashreeki Hoor,’ a Parsi play.
- When Piyush was in the second year at NSD, a German director named Fritz Bennewitz introduced him to acting and cast him as the title lead in ‘Hamlet.’
- He began working as a theatre director after graduating in 1986. Piyush then helped director N.K. Sharma in starting the theatre group ‘Act One’ in 1990. Piyush began displaying himself as an atheist like his friend Sharma was, while in reality, he believed in God.
- Piyush met his better half in 1992 at the School of Planning and Architecture when he was directing a play there. His friendship with N.K. Sharma fell apart soon after he got married in 1995, which later restored after 7 years.
- Mani Ratnam gave him the role in the film ‘Dil Se’ upon the recommendation of casting director Tigmanshu Dhulia.
- All those years in Delhi, he had become a boozer, the result of which was exhaustion, physically, and morally. After having spent 20 long years in the city, Piyush moved to Mumbai with his family in 2003.
- His wife, even when he had become violent, did not leave him. Instead, she helped him get out of the phase which had destroyed her husband to the core. She made him attend a Vipassana course in 2010, which helped him to some extent. Through all this, he had become somewhat less violent and told his wife about how he used to bring girls to their place in her absence.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)