Age: 59 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, and Producer|
|Famous Role(s)||• Title role in the TV Serial 'Byomkesh Bakshi' (1993); aired on DD National
• 'Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi’ in ‘The Making of the Mahatma' (1996)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||TV (Child Actor): Khel Khilone, aired on DD National
TV (Actor): Ghar Jamai (1986), aired on DD National
Film (Hindi): Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda (1992)
Film (Marathi): ‘Limited Manuski’ (1995)
Film (Malayalam): ‘Agnisakshi’ (1999)
Film (Bengali): ‘Abaidha’ (2002)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||National Film Award
1996: Best actor for ‘The Making of the Mahatma’
Kerala State Film Award
1998: Best actor for ‘Agnisakshi’
Imagine India Film Festival Award, Spain
2010: Best actor for Do Paise Ki Dhoop, Chaar Aane Ki Baarish
|Date of Birth||27 August 1960 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||59 Years|
|School||Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce Hindustan Times|
|Hobbies||Swimming, Cooking, and Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajit Kapur
- Rajit Kapur is a famous Indian film, theatre, and television actor.
- He was born in a Punjabi family. Wikipedia His father was a businessman.
- Rajit, along with his family, moved to Mumbai from Punjab when he was one and a half years old.
- While he was in college, he used to sing and play the harmonium.
- Reportedly, he worked as an English and history teacher before starting his career as an actor.
- He has acted in many theatre plays, like ‘Love Letters,’ ‘Class of ’84,’ ‘Larins Sahib,’ ‘Are There Tigers in the Congo?’ ‘Mr. Behram,’ ‘Six Degrees of Separation, and ‘Pune Highway.’
- He is the actor and director of one of the longest-running theatre plays in India “Love Letter.’
- He is the co-founder of the theatre company ‘Rage Productions’ in Mumbai.
- In 1993, he appeared in the popular TV serial, ‘Byomkesh Bakshi’ aired on DD National. He gained immense popularity with his character and has also appeared in its sequel ‘Byomkesh Bakshi 2’ in 1997.
- He has appeared in the Bollywood films, including ‘Train to Pakistan’ (1998), ‘Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero’ (2005), ‘Guzaarish’ (2010), ‘Raazi’ (2018), and ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’ (2019).
- He has acted in a few web-series, including ‘Bang Baaja Baaraat’ (2015), ‘TVF Tripling Season 2’ (2019), and ‘Bard of Blood’ (2019).
References/Sources: [ + ]