Hometown: Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh
Husband: Jai Singh Sisodia
Age: 60 Years
|Famous For||Being the daughter of the former Minister of External Affairs Dinesh Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (1991-2019)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (2019-Present)
|Political Journey||• Joined the Indian National Congress in 1991.
• Elected as the General Secretary of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) in February 1996.
• Elected to the 11th Lok Sabha in 1996 from the Pratapgarh Lok Sabha Constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
• Chosen as a member of the Executive Committee of the Congress Party in the Parliament.
• Re-elected to the 13th Lok Sabha in 1999 from Pratapgarh.
• Contested the 2004 General Elections from Pratapgarh, but she lost to Akshay Pratap Singh of the Jansatta Dal.
• Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha in 2009 from Pratapgarh.
• In September 2009, she was selected as a member of the Committee on Defence and the Committee on Finance.
• Contested the 2014 General Elections from Pratapgarh, but she was defeated by Harivansh Singh of Apna Dal.
• On 15 October 2019, she quit the Congress Party and joined the BJP.
|Date of Birth||29 April 1959 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||60 Years|
|Hometown||Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Address||Raj Bhawan Kalakankar, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hobbies||Horse-Riding, Playing Squash, Gardening, Reading|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||30 May 1987|
|Husband/Spouse||Jai Singh Sisodia
|Children||Son- Bhuvanyu Singh (Businessman)
Daughter- Tanushree Singh
|Parents||Father- Raja Dinesh Singh (Deceased; Politician)
Mother- Rani Neelima Kumari
• Maharani Rewa Kumari
• Rajkumari Ravija Kumari
• Yuvrani Rajitha Devi
• Rajkumari Renuka Devi
• Abha Kumari
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||• Cash: 3 lacs INR
• Bank Deposits: 6.30 lacs INR
• Jewellery: 2 kg Gold worth 50 lacs INR, 10 kg Silver worth 40 lacs INR
• Agricultural Land: worth 5.70 crores INR
• Non-Agricultural Land: worth 4.11 crores INR
• Commercial Building: worth 1.30 crores INR in Pratapgarh
• Residential Building: worth 7 crores INR in Pratapgarh
|Net Worth (approx.)||36.20 Crores INR (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajkumari Ratna Singh
- Rajkumari Ratna Singh is an Indian politician from Uttar Pradesh. She is the daughter of the former Minister of External Affairs of India Dinesh Singh. Ratna Singh is also a 3 term Lok Sabha MP from Pratapgarh.
- Ratna Singh belongs to the royal family of the Kalakankar village in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- Her great grandfather was a freedom fighter, and one of the founding members of the Congress Party. He was also a good friend of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Her father, Dinesh Singh was an MP and had served on many important positions. He was the Minister of External Affairs twice. Dinesh Singh had served in the cabinets of both Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi.
- Former Prime Minister of India, P. V. Narasimha Rao considered Dinesh Singh to be his lucky charm.
- She has been a Member of Parliament for 3 terms from Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- On 15 October 2019, Ratna Singh quit the Congress Party and joined the BJP. She joined the BJP in Lucknow in presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.