Hometown: Hisar, Haryana
Age: 31 Years
|Profession(s)||Politician, Agirculturist, Businessman|
|Famous For||• Being the grandson of Om Prakash Chautala
• Being the youngest MP of the 16th Lok Sabha
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Political Party||• Indian National Lok Dal (2014-2018)
• Jannayak Janta Party (2018-Present)
|Political Journey||• Contested and won the 2014 General Elections from the Hisar Lok Sabha Constituency.
• Elected to the 16th Lok Sabha.
• Expelled from the INLD on 2 November 2018.
• On 9 December 2018, he formed the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP).
• Contested and lost the 2019 General Elections to the BJP.
• Contested the 2019 Haryana Assembly Elections from the Uchana Kalan Assembly Constituency of Haryana and won.
• On 27 October 2019, he was sworn in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
|Date of Birth||3 April 1988 (Sunday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Daroli, Hisar, Haryana|
|School||• St. Mary School, Hisar
• The Lawrence School, Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh
|College/University||• California State University, California, USA
• National Law University
• Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.Sc. in Business Administration and Management from the California State University
• Bachelor of Laws from National Law University
• MA in Mass Communication from the Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology
|Caste||Jat Financial Express|
|Address||House No. 803, Ram Colony, Ward No. 5, Sirsa, Haryana|
|Hobbies||Travelling & Watching Sports|
|Controversy||On 2 November 2018, Dushyant, along with his younger brother Digvijay Chautala, were expelled from the INLD by Om Prakash Chautala for misconduct, hooliganism, indiscipline, and spreading disaffection for the party. Om Prakash Chautala stated- "They were expelled as their supporters were projecting Dushyant as INLD's Chief Ministerial candidate without the party's permission."|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||18 April 2017
|Wife/Spouse||Meghna Chautala (Homemaker)
|Parents||Father- Ajay Singh Chautala (Politician)
Mother- Naina Singh Chautala (Politician)
|Siblings||Brother- Digvijay Chautala (Younger; Politician)
|Car Collection||Toyota Fortuner (2012 Model)|
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||• Cash: 9.32 lacs INR
• Bank Deposits: 91.28 lacs INR
• Jewellery: 2.5 kg Gold worth 91.87 lacs INR, Diamonds & other stones worth 62.90 lacs INR
• Agricultural Land: worth 10 crores INR in Sirsa, Haryana
• Agricultural Land: worth 2.20 crores INR in Khewat, Haryana
• Agricultural Land: worth 7 lacs INR in Sirsa, Haryana
• Commercial Building: worth 15 crores INR in Sirsa, Haryana
• Residential Building: worth 1.50 crores INR in New Delhi
|Salary (approx.)||1 lac INR + other allowances (as an MLA)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||74.77 crores INR (as in 2019) myneta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dushyant Chautala
- Dushyant Chautala is an Indian politician from Haryana. He is the founder of the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP).
- Dushyant holds a record in the “Limca Book of World Records” for being the Youngest ever Elected Member of Parliament.
- On 25 February 2017, he became the first Indian to be honoured with the “High Civilian Honor” in the Assembly of Arizona (USA).
- On 9 December 2018, Dushyant formed the Jannayak Janta Party (JJP) after being expelled from the INLD on 2 November 2018.
- The JJP was formed on the ideals of Chaudhary Devi Lal. He was the former Deputy Prime Minister of India. Devi Lal is also Dushyant’s great grandfather.
- He allied with the Aam Admi Party (AAP) to contest the 2019 Jind by-elections of Haryana and the 2019 General Elections.
- The JJP contested the Jind by-elections of Haryana in January 2019. The party secured the second position, which was a very positive sign for the JJP, considering that it was formed only a month before the by-elections.
- Once, in an interview, Om Prakash Chautala stated that it was very hard for him to expel Dushyant and his brother Digvijay from the party as they were his grandsons, but the party is above anyone else, and he expelled them for the party’s sake.
- His father, Ajay Singh Chautala, and his grandfather, Om Prakash Chautala, were jailed for 10 years in 2013 for the JBT Teachers Recruitment Scam.
- When he conducted his first-ever rally in Jind, more than 6 lac people joined his rally. It was the highest ever gathering in a political event in Haryana since 1986.
- In the 2019 Haryana Assembly Elections, his party won 10 seats. It was JJP’s debut Assembly Elections.
- On 26 October 2019, Amit Shah announced that the BJP would form the government in Haryana with the support of the JJP and Manohar Lal Khattar will be appointed as the Chief Minister of Haryana, whereas Dushyant Chautala will be appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
- On 27 October 2019, Dushyant was sworn-in as the Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.