Rajpal Yadav Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Rajpal Naurang Yadav Instagram- Rajpal Yadav|
|Nickname||Lalla YouTube- Zoom TV|
|Profession(s)||Comedian, Actor, Film Director, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|YouTube- Sansad TV Height||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed Brown)|
|Debut||TV (Hindi; As an actor): Mungeri Ke Bhai Naurangilal (1997) as
Naurangilal, aired on DD National
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Dil Kya Kare (1999) as school watchman
Film (Marathi; As an actor): Chasme Bahadur (2007) as owner of a beer shop
Film (Punjabi; As an actor): Ronde Saare Vyah Picho (2013) as Chunnu Singh Dhillon
Film (English; As an actor): Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain (2014) as Dilip
Film (Avadhi; As an actor): Bhagya Na Jaane Koi (2016) as Madhav
Film (Bengali; As an actor): Shrestha Bangali (2017) in a supporting role
Film (Hindi; As a producer): Ata Pata Laapata (2012)
|Awards & Honours||• 2001: Won Screen Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Jungle
• 2003: Received Yash Bharati Award for the film Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon
• 2004: Nominated for International Indian Film Academy Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Hungama
• 2004: Nominated for International Indian Film Academy Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Kal Ho Naa Ho
• 2005: Nominated for Screen Award for Best Comedian for Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
• 2006: Nominated for Screen Award for Best Comedian for Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh
• 2006: Received Janpad Ratna Award
• 2006: Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Waqt: The Race Against Time
• 2008: Nominated for Screen Award for Best Comedian for Krazzy 4
• 2008: Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Bhool Bhulaiyaa
• 2009: Nominated for Filmfare Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Bhoothnath
• 2022: Nominated for Honorary doctorate degree (PhD in Arts) by the International Open University of Humanity Health Science and Peace (IOUHHSP), America
|Date of Birth||16 March 1971 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Kundra, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Village Kundra, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School(s)||• A primary school in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh (up to class 5)
• Sardar Patel Hindu Intercollege, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Note: He changed around three schools up to class 10. YouTube- Sansad TV
|College/University||Swami Shukdevanand Post Graduate College, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Political Science and Hindi Literature YouTube- Sansad TV YouTube- The Lallantop|
|Address||Yadav Bhavan, Village Kundra, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Controversy||Remained in Jail for Non-Payment of Loans
In 2009, Rajpal started his film production company and to produce his first Hindi film ‘Ata Pata Laapata,’ he took a loan of Rs 5 crore from a Delhi-based company Murli Projects. The film failed miserably at the box office, due to which Rajpal faced major financial losses. The cheques issued by Rajpal to the finance company bounced, and the owner of the financing company filed a complaint against Rajpal and his wife. In April 2018, the Delhi High Court sentenced Rajpal to six months jail and a fine of Rs 11.2 crore. After staying in jail for only 4 days i.e. from 3 December 2013 to 6 December 2013, he was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs 50,000. Hindustan Times As per the media sources,
"Yadav had spent four days in jail from December 3, 2013, till December 6, 2013, after which a division bench of the High Court suspended the sentence on his appeal. The single judge bench, which was hearing the recovery suit, had taken exception to the affidavit filed by Yadav in December 2013, which was allegedly falsely prepared and contained forged signatures of his wife. The court had ordered that Yadav be sent to jail for 10 days for contempt.”
In an interview, Rajpal talked about it, he said,
"For the past 15 years, I have not said anything in my defence. I don’t think negatively. I don’t know who is negative or positive. But I know my work and where there is work, there is karma. I have done my karma from my childhood and I don’t know what is negative or positive. I don’t want to carry the burden of the past with me. Let people do what they have to do. If my work is liked, it will go ahead. It is all about life. Like every day, the sun’s rays are different, and so is Rajpal Yadav. He is known for his creativity and has got the love of the audience. I have got a lot of love and I am very happy.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||• First Marriage- Year, 1991
• Second Marriage- 10 June 2003
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife- Karuna Yadav (died due to post pregnancy complications)
Second Wife- Radha Yadav
• Jyoti (from his first wife)
• Harshita and Rehanshi (from his second wife)
|Parents||Father- Navrang Singh Yadav (farmer)
Mother- Godavari Yadav
• Shripal Yadav
• Chandrapal Yadav
• Indrapal Yadav
• Rajesh Yadav
• Satyapal Yadav
Note: Rajpal and his brothers runs shops named Yadav Enterprises in Kundra, Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan. Mehmood, Charlie Chaplin|
|Film(s)||Sholay (1975), Andaz Apna Apna (1994)|
|Financial Express Car Collection||• BMW 5 Series
• Honda Accord
|Amar Ujala Salary/Income||• Rs 30 lakh (monthly income)
• Rs 4 crore (annual income)
• Rs 1-2 crore per film
• Rs 1 crore for a brand endorsement
|Assets/Properties||He owns a property of Rs 50 crore. Amar Ujala|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajpal Yadav
- Rajpal Yadav is an Indian actor, comedian, screenwriter, and film director. He is known for his comic timing in Hindi films.
- He hails from a Hindu family. Instagram- Rajpal Yadav
- Being a notorious kid, he was often scolded by his father in his childhood. During an interview, he shared an incident from his childhood. He said,
When I was studying in class 4th, me and my friends used to pluck fruits from a tree in the village. One day, while I was trying to climb the tree, a gush of wind caused me to lose my balance. With my foot stuck in one of the branches of the tree, I was hanging upside down. My friends had to call my father to help me get down. When my father saw me, he was furious and kept taunting me to climb more trees.”
- In an interview, Rajpal talked about his poor financial condition in his childhood. He said that he often used to travel to school by taking a lift in trucks. He further shared an incident from his childhood. He said,
Once i was returning home from the city, accompanied by my elder brother Shripal. There was no ride till late. At that time I reached home after cycling 65 km. I still remember that day .At one time I had no money at all, my pocket was empty. The elder brother had a rupee. We were passing near the station, there my eyes fell on the lottery being sold. I took one rupee from brother and bought lottery from him. Brother scolded me a lot on this. The other day when I came to town for school, I went to the lottery. I got a reward of 65 rupees. After this I took 10 more tickets out of 65. Keeping 5 rupees with him, gave 50 rupees to his brother. After getting 5 rupees in my pocket, I was thinking of myself as a king. But the brother said, do not buy the lottery after today.”
- He did a two-year training at Ordnance Clothing Factory in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- His parents wanted him to become a doctor, so he studied classes 11 and 12 in science, but he soon realised that he did not have an interest in being a doctor. So, in graduation, he changed his stream to arts. While studying in college, he performed in nukkad nataks and theatre plays. Later, he performed in the theatre play ‘Andher Nagri Chaupat Raja’ for which he received appreciation. He then decided to make his career in acting.
- After completing his graduation, he joined a theatre group Coronation Art Theatre in Shahjahanpur. In 1992, he attended Bharatendu Academy of Dramatic Arts or Bharatendu Natya Akademi, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh to pursue an acting diploma.
He was then selected for a three-year acting course at the National School of Drama, New Delhi. He completed his course in May 1997, and in June 1997, he moved to Mumbai to make his career in films.
- Within a few days in Mumbai, he got an offer to act in the TV serial ‘Mungeri Ke Bhai Naurangilal’ (1997). He then did small roles in Hindi TV serials like ‘Mohandas B.A.L.L.B.’ (1997) and ‘Naya Daur’ (1997). In 1992, he appeared in the Sanskrit TV serial ‘Svapnavāsavadattam’ (1992) as Vidūṣaka. After doing small roles in TV serials for almost two years, he realised that serial was not his forte.
He then started auditioning for Hindi films. During an interview, he shared how he started his acting career. He said,
I came to Mumbai in 1997. I used to visit the offices of various directors and production houses, including those of Ram Gopal Varma, Mahesh Bhatt, Shyam Benegal, Govind Nihalani, and Prakash Jha. I was so regular at RGV’s office, that the watchman outside his office had started recognizing my face. There was a time when I used to complete one project, land at the Mumbai airport, take the other packed suitcase my wife would send from home with fresh clothes, and take off for another project from there itself. I once took up an offer to be a part of a film that was an adaptation of Munshi Premchand’s ‘Kafan’, and had to shoot in a village near Lucknow.”
When I used to get up in the morning, I had particles of sand in my nose. It was that bad! Shooting there was very challenging, but I never once complained about anything. I didn’t even tell my family anything about it. This, at a time when even the staff of actors used to get rooms in 3-star hotels. My staff thought I was crazy to accept such an offer.”
- After making a small appearance in his debut Hindi film, he played cameo roles in the Hindi films like ‘Mast’ and ‘Shool’ in 1999.
- He came into the limelight with his role as ‘Sippa’ in the Hindi film ‘Jungle’ (2000). He was an antagonist in the film.
- He has also worked in TV commercials for many brands like Coca-Cola, Vim, Topline, and Nokia 1100.
- In 2002, while he was in Canada shooting for the Hindi film ‘The Hero: Love Story of Spy,’ he met a girl named Radha. He met her at a coffee shop in Calgary, Canada. Initially, Rajpal and Radha became friends, and soon, fell in love with each other. After completing the film shooting, he returned to India and remained in contact with Radha. After 10 months, Radha shifted to India, and the couple got married. In an interview, while talking about Rajpal Yadav, Radha said,
When I reached Mumbai for the first time, Rajpal took me to his house. To surprise me, he got the interior of the house done in the same hotel as that hotel in Canada, where we first met.”
During an interview, Rajpal shared that Radha was nine years younger and one inch taller than him.
- Rajpal has played small roles in various Hindi films like ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya’ (2001), ‘Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge’ (2002), ‘Maine Dil Tujhko Diya’ (2002), ‘Ek Aur Ek Gyarah’ (2003), and ‘Darna Mana Hai’ (2003).
- However, he started getting recognised as a comedian in 2003 with the Hindi film ‘Hungama’ in which he played the role of Raja.
- Rajpal then appeared as a comedian in many Hindi films like ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ (2003), ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ (2004), ‘Garam Masala’ (2005), ‘Malamaal Weekly’ (2006), ‘Chup Chup Ke’ (2006).
- His other popular comedy Hindi films are ‘Bhagam Bhag’ (2006), ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’ (2007), and ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2’ (2022).
- Rajpal has also played the male lead in a few Hindi films such as ‘Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon’ (2003), ‘Main, Meri Patni Aur Woh’ (2005), ‘Ladies Tailor’ (2006), ‘Kushti’ (2010), ‘Krrish 3’ (2013), and ‘Ardh’ (2022).
- On 24 March 2009, he started a film production company ‘Shree Naurang Godavari Entertainment Ltd.’ after his parents’ name. However, within a few years, the production house was shut down after facing financial losses.
- In 2010, he worked as a dubbing artist for the Hindi version of the Tamil film ‘Sivaji: The Boss.’
- He has also acted in Marathi films like ‘Raada Rox’ (2011) and ‘Dagdabaichi Chal’ (2015).
- Rajpal then started ‘Rajpall ki Pathshala,’ a travelling acting school. In an interview, while talking about it, he said,
I come from a place that stood waterlogged for months on end. There was a lot of misinformation, and hardly any motivation. I have had to chart a difficult journey into theatre and films over the last 30 years. But there were thousands of kids who never made it. Through the concept of a ‘moving’ school, I want to bring my life experiences and knowledge to them.”
- In 2013, he played the role of a rickshaw driver in the Punjabi film ‘Chandigarh Amritsar Chandigarh.’
- In 2016, he ventured into politics and started his party ‘Sarva Sambhav Party’ (SSP), and his brother elder brother Shripal Yadav became the president of the party. During a press conference, while talking about SSP, Rajpal said,
I have come to do politics of dialogue, not of controversy. We will contest elections, but our style will be different. We will teach society how to do politics. How democracy is strengthened and strengthened.”
He further said,
I want to serve the people through my party. I have come before you with the dream of a political party. My party is not power oriented, not selfish, but will be society oriented. I will commit to it, that is my resolve. I want to make it clear that this party is not the frog of the election season. Election is the right time, when we are present in front of the society with our sentiments. Inspire society to think of meaningful, positive, constructive alternatives. This is the beginning of a long campaign. We are not a group trying to gain power by running the fashion of a movement. We are a group fighting to communicate directly, to share pain, to find solutions to problems and to settle disputes. We are in favor of development, but want to see the loans of sugarcane farmers get paid every penny before the Metro is built. We have agreed for the expressway, but before that we want to see the roads built from village to village.”
However, within a few years, he left politics.
- In 2017, a YouTube video of a man named Dharamraj Yudhishtra was uploaded on YouTube who claimed to be Rajpal’s brother and accused Rajpal of not helping him financially. Later, in another YouTube video, Dharamraj shared that he was only a doppelganger of Rajpal, and the video he uploaded earlier was a prank video. YouTube- Vlogger Gautam
- At his village in Kundra, Uttar Pradesh, he built a temple of Mahadev in 2019.
- In an interview, he shared that his inspiration in acting and comedy was the legendary English actor and comedian Charlie Chaplin. Rajpal has even kept Chaplin’s photo at a mandir in his home.
- Rajpal loves to cook food, play games, and spend time with his wife and daughter.
- During an interview, he shared that he had a fear of dogs and snakes.
- In 2021, he changed his name and added his father’s name as his middle name. During an interview, he talked about it, he said,
There is no specific reason. My father’s name has always been in my passport; it is just that now it will be seen on screen. Also, it only happened after Apoorva Vyas offered me a web series and a new film so I thought before Covid I was just Rajpal Yadav, and now that the whole world has turned into a small village let me use my full name. I don’t think anyone would’ve taken my father’s name so many times as it has been in the past few days and there is a similarity in the film ‘Father On Sale,’ that I am acting in which will reach to audience across the world.”
- He has been featured on various magazine covers including Grandeur Lifestyle and Inspirant.