|Real Name||Govind Arun Ahuja|
|Nickname(s)||Govinda, Chi Chi, Virar ka Chokra|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Dancer, Politician|
|Role Model||Mehboob Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 171 cm
in meters- 1.71 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 36 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Date of Birth||21 December 1963|
|Age (as in 2017)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Virar, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Virar, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Annasaheb Vartak College, Vasai, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Ilzaam (1986)
Film (Producer): Ssukh (2005)
|Address||105, “Jal Darshan”, “A” Wing, Ruia Park Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049|
|Awards, Honours||Filmfare Awards
1997: Special Award for Saajan Chale Sasural
2000: Best Comedian Award for Haseena Maan Jaayegi
Zee Cine Awards
1998: Best Actor in a Comic Role for Dulhe Raja
1999: Best Actor in a Comic Role for Bade Miyan Chote Miya
2000: Best Actor in a Comic Role for Haseena Maan Jaayegi
2008: Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) for Partner
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
|Controversy||On 16 January 2008, he slapped Santosh Rai during the shooting of his film "Money Hai to Honey Hai" as Govinda alleged that he was misbehaving on the sets at Filmistan Studio, Mumbai. After this, Rai filed a complaint against Govinda, but it was suppressed by the Bombay High Court. After that, Rai went to the Supreme Court, which issued a notice to Govinda and later offered an unconditional apology, and ₹5 lakh compensation to the victim.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Neelam Kothari (Actress)
Rani Mukherji (Actress)
|Marriage Date||March 11, 1987|
|Children||Son- Yashvardhan Ahuja
Daughters- Tina Ahuja (Actor), 1 (Name Not Known) (Died when she was just 4 months old)
|Parents||Father- Arun Kumar Ahuja (Actor)
Mother- Nirmala Ahuja
|Siblings||Brother- Kirti Kumar (Actor)
Sister- Kamini Khanna (Writer)
|Nephew/Niece||Nephew- Krishna Abhishek (Actor)
Niece- Aarti Singh (Actress)
|Favourite Food(s)||Moong Dal, Khichdi, Bhindi|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Just Around The Corner in Mumbai and Ming Yang in Mumbai|
|Cars Collection||Mercedez-Benz, Mitsubishi Lancer, Ford Endeavor|
|Salary (approx.)||₹2-3 Crores/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹170 Crore ($25 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Govinda
- Does Govinda Smoke?: Yes
- Does Govinda Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in Virar, Maharashtra and brought up in the slums of Mumbai.
- He is the youngest of the six siblings.
- When he was born, his father rejected to take him in his arms because of some reasons.
- Govinda used to have such a craze of watching movies that he used to save money, especially for watching movies.
- His mother, Nazeem was a Muslim but got converted into Hinduism and changed her name to Nirmala Devi.
- Govinda had a very tough childhood; as his father produced only one film in his entire career and that too a big flop, due to which they had to shift to semi-rural semiurban areas from a bungalow.
- He was once rejected for a steward’s job at the Taj Mahal Hotel because his English wasn’t up to the mark.
- He is given the nickname “Chi Chi,” which means little finger.
- Her mother wanted him to become a banker and never wanted him to become an actor. Even, he gave so many auditions, which were kept hidden from his mother.
- Initially, he was rejected by Rajashri Studios many times, when he auditioned for various roles.
- In his debut film Ilzaam, he made his mark with his dancing moves in the song I Am A Street Dancer.
- His first lead role in Tan-Badan was offered by his uncle Anand, after which his career kept on inclining towards fame.
- On 11 March 1987, he tied the knot with his love Sunita, but their marriage was kept hidden from the media for the next four years.
- It was reported that he was involved in various extra-marital affairs after his marriage and his marriage was often on the stake of separation due to his affairs.
- In 1994, he met with a major car accident and got many head injuries, but he didn’t cancel his shoot of the movie Khudaar because of this.
- Govinda is a trained classical Indian dancer.
- His movie Aunty No.1 was named “Aunty” initially, but as No.1 was lucky for Govinda, so, it was added to the title afterwards.
- In a BBC news online poll, he was voted the world’s tenth greatest star of screen or stage in 1999.
- He was the first choice for the role of Tara in the film Gadar, which later went to Sunny Deol. He was also offered roles in films Taal and Devdas, but he declined all of them.
- During the 90s, he transformed himself into one of the finest comedy actors, and his chemistry with Kader Khan was impeccable. Here’s a video showcasing their on-screen chemistry:
- In 2004, he stepped into politics as a member of Congress and was elected as the seventh member of parliament in the 14th Lok Sabha Elections, and he defeated Ram Naik of BJP that time. He stepped out of politics in 2008.
- He is known as the “King of Swag” in Bollywood because of his ultimate expressions.
- Apart from acting, he is a playback singer too.
- His date of birth always creates a confusion amongst his fans and followers; as it remains a mystery that whether his birth year is 1963 or 1960.
- In his long career, he has never been punctual on sets or on his work due to which his filmmakers and co-workers have suffered a lot.
- He once told that except for Hatya and Swarg, he doesn’t like any of his films.