|Profession(s)||Casting Director and Actor|
|Famous Role||Vishal "Hathoda" Tyagi in Paatal Lok (2020)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Debut||Film, Actor: Rang De Basanti (2006)
Film (Casting Associate): Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai (2010)
Film (Casting Director): Dirty Picture (2011)
Web-Series (Actor): TVF Pitchers (2015)
|Award||26 November 2023: Best Actor (Male) in a Comedy Series award for the web series ‘The Great Weddings of Munnes’ at the Filmfare OTT Awards
|Date of Birth||15 November 1988 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||31 Years|
|School||KV Andrews Ganj, Delhi|
|College/University||• Kirori Mal College (KMC), Delhi University
• University of Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Graduation New Indian Express|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Tina Noronha (Architect, Model, Interior Designer)
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known (Black Cat Commando in Paramilitary Force)
Mother: Name Not Known
|Film(s)||Cities of Sleep (2015) and The Saints of Sin (2016)|
|Book||Terribly Tiny Tales by Penguin Books India|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, and Ranbir Kapoor|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhishek Banerjee
- Abhishek Banerjee is an Indian actor, casting director, and screenwriter.
- He was born in a Bengali family and was an introvert child. One day, after playing the role of Lord Rama in one of his school plays, he decided to make his career in acting. After completing his studies, he shifted to Mumbai to follow his dream of becoming an actor.
- In an interview with PTI (Press Trust of India), he said,
When I came to Mumbai to act and it didn’t work out for me for few years, I thought I will go back to training but Casting Room has been a great training space for me.”
- In 2010, at the age of 23, he began his career as a casting associate with the film “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai;” starring Ajay Devgan, Emraan Hashmi, and Randeep Hooda.
- After seeing his work in the film “Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai” (2010), Milan Luthria offered him the job of a casting director. Abhishek Banerjee accepted the offer and became a casting director at the age of 24. His first film as a casting director was: “The Dirty Picture” (2011). Then, he continued to work in Hindi films like ‘No One Killed Jessica’ (2011), ‘The Dirty Picture’ (2011), ‘Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ (2016), ‘Secret Superstar’ (2017), and ‘Kalank’ (2019).
- Later, he appeared in various Hindi web series, like ‘TVF Pitchers’ (2015), ‘Mirzapur’ (2018), ‘Typewriter’ (2019), ‘Mirzapur Season 2’ (2020), and ‘Paatal Lok’ (2020).
- He appeared in the YouTube channel, ScreenPatti’s comedy video “Daaru Pe Charcha- Vijay Maal Legaya” along with the famous YouTube actor, Jitendra Kumar aka Jeetu Bhaiya.
- In 2017, he opened a casting company, “Casting Bay,” along with his partner Anmol Ahuja.
- In the same year, he was featured in the film “Ajji” along with Sadiya Siddiqui, Vikas Kumar, Smita Tambe, Sudhir Pandey, and others.
- In 2018, he worked as a casting director in the Hindi film, “Pari” along with Anmol Ahuja.
- In the same year, he was featured in the film “Stree.” The film starred Rajkummar Rao, Shraddha Kapoor, Vijay Raaz, and Aparshakti Khurrana.
- He is an animal lover and often posts pictures with his pet dog and cat on his social media accounts.
- He is a die-heart fan of the famous Bollywood actor, Amitabh Bachchan. In an interview, he said,
I have always been an Amitabh Bachchan fan. I was in Tamil Nadu, and I used to watch a lot of Rajinikanth films. That’s when I also saw Hum on Doordarshan and was smitten by Mr Bachchan. You can call it a male crush! Since then, he’s been my Dronacharya. I always felt if a young Amitabh Bachchan had done Bombay Velvet in today’s time, it would’ve been something else. Don’t get me wrong!”