Age: 37 Years
Hometown: Bangalore, Karnataka
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rakesh Adiga
- Rakesh Adiga is an Indian actor and rapper who predominantly works in the Kannada film industry. He also works as a story writer, screenplay writer, playback singer, and supporting actor. In August 2022, Rakesh Adiga participated in the Bigg Boss OTT Kannada as one of its contestants.
- Rakesh Adiga belongs to the reputed Adiga family, which has a chain of hotels and restaurants across Karnataka.
- During his college days, Rakesh Adiga was a part of his college band, which composed two songs for the film ‘Harikathe’ in 2019.
- Rakesh Adiga is best known for being the first Kannada rapper, who founded a Kannada hip-hop band named “Urban Lads” along with his friends. This band was launched by Suraj Sarja.
- Rakesh Adiga came into the limelight in 2009 when he appeared in the film Jhoshh. The film was a super hit and gave him good recognition. Later, he worked in popular Kannada movies such as Raja Loves Radhe, Yaare Koogadali, Nanda Gokula, Mandahasa, and Karnataka Ayodhyapuram.
- Rakesh Adiga likes drinking alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- In 2010, Rakesh Adiga was cast in a romantic film Mandahaasa, which was delayed due to some reasons. In 2011, he appeared in the film Alemaari in which he played the role of a villain. In the same year, he worked in the film Manasology in which he played the character of a lover boy. Later, Rakesh Adiga appeared as a villain in over 13 Kannada movies.
- In 2012, Rakesh Adiga appeared in the film Parie, which faced a big failure at the box office. In 2019, he made his directorial debut with the film Night Out.
- In 2021, Rakesh Adiga’s film Night Out received the certificate of achievement for the Best feature film from the Indo-French International Film Festival.
- In 2021, Rakesh Adiga released his music video Free Spirit.
- Rakesh Adiga follows a non-vegetarian diet. According to a media report, in 2013, during the shooting of a film, he was supposed to bite a piece of non-veg for a close-up scene, but he stood against the same and posed the piece near to his mouth instead of eating it.