|Real Name||Rakesh Roshan Lal Nagrath|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 85 kg
in Pounds- 187 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 36 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
|Date of Birth||6 September 1949|
|Age (as in 2017)||68 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Sainik School, Satara
|College||Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune|
|Debut||Film Debut: Ghar Ghar Ki Kahani (1970)
Directorial Debut: Khudgarz (1987)
Production Debut: Aap Ke Deewane (1980)
|Family||Father- Roshan Lal Nagrath (Music Director)
Mother- Ira Roshan (Music Director)
Brother- Rajesh Roshan (Music Director)
|Address||8, 9, 10 floor of El Palazzo, 12th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
|Controversies||• In 2000, 2 unidentified assailants fired 2 bullets at him, one in the arm and other in his chest, near his office on Tilak Road at Santacruz West in Mumbai on a Friday evening. Luckily, Rakesh recovered quickly, got into his car and drove to the Santacruz police station, after which he was taken to the Nanavati Hospital, where Dr. Sharad Pandey, father of actor Chunky Pandey, successfully operated him.
• Before the release of the film Kaabil (2017), Rakesh Roshan (Producer) and Sanjay Gupta (Director), faced an allegation from Sudhanshu Pandey (Actor) that his original script Farmayish was stolen by the duo and later re-titled it with the name 'Kaabil.'
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Film||Bollywood: Queen, Lagaan, 3 Idiots, Koi Mil Gaya|
|Favourite Directors||Raj Kapoor, Ramesh Sippy, K Vishwanath|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Pinky Roshan (m.1971 - present)
|Marriage Date||Year 1971|
|Children||Son- Hrithik Roshan (Actor)
Daughter- Sunaina Roshan
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rakesh Roshan
- Does Rakesh Roshan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Rakesh Roshan drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rakesh was born to a Punjabi father from Bareilly (in Uttar Pradesh) and a Bengali mother from Delhi.
- His parents came to Mumbai in search of work and stayed in a garage.
- He was born in a stable next to the garage in Versova, where he parents used to stay.
- He lost his father at the age of 16, after which he dropped out his filmmaking course in Pune, went back to Mumbai to stay with his family, and later started working as an assistant director.
- He started his career by assisting film director Harnam Singh Rawail in Sunghursh (1968) starring Dilip Kumar, Vyjayanthimala and Sanjeev Kumar.
- Initially, he used to earn around 200 (INR) per month.
- Though he wanted to be an actor and even got decent acting opportunities, his acting career didn’t take off.
- In 1980, he set up a production company called FilmKraft, under which his first production, Aap Ke Deewane (1980), was a box office flop, but his next film under it, Kaamchor (1982), was a hit.
- His debut directorial film Khudgarz (1987), was a big hit.
- His son Hrithik wasn’t the first choice for his film Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai (2000), instead, he wanted to sign Shah Rukh Khan for the film.
- His film title always begins with “K”, as he considers it as lucky for him.
- His best friends in Bollywood are Jeetendra and Rishi Kapoor.