|Real Name||Raakhee Majumdaar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper|
|Date of Birth||15 August 1947|
|Age (as in 2016)||69 Years|
|Birth Place||Ranaghat, Nadia distt., West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Ranaghat, Nadia distt., West Bengal, India|
|College||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Film Debut||Bengali: Badu Baran (1967)
Hindi: Jeevan Mrityu (1970)
|Address||Sarojini Road, Khar, Mumbai|
|Favourite Food||Rice and curd|
|Favourite Actors||Rajesh Khanna
|Boyfriends, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Ajay Biswas (Bengali journalist/film director, m. 1963; div. 1965)
Gulzar (Film director, lyricist, screenwriter, producer, poet, author, m. 1973)
|Marriage Date||Year - 1973 (With Gulzar)|
|Children||Daughter- Meghna Gulzar (Writer, Film Director)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rakhee Gulzar
- Does Rakhee smoke?: Not known
- Does Rakhee drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rakhee was born just a few hours after India’s independence was declared.
- She along with her family spent few years after independence as refugees as her family had migrated from Bangladesh before partition. Although her father had an established business of ‘Jute’ in Bangladesh, they had to restart their lives after moving to India.
- In her teenage, she had an arranged marriage with film director Ajay Biswas. But the couple got divorced as Rakhee was unable to adjust in the family’s film oriented environment.
- Rakhee did not want to become an actress, but her family was financially weak, so she had to join the movie industry.
- She eventually became the highest paid actress. She has acted in over 90 films in her entire career.
- Rakhee does not like to celebrate her birthday. Her first and last birthday party was thrown by Sunil Dutt on one of their film’s set in 1972. Her mother used to cook ‘Kheer’ on her birthdays, so she has adopted this habit for her daughter and grandson too.
- Rakhee was supposed to leave her acting career after her second marriage with Gulzar. But due to some unknown reasons, the couple parted ways after only a few years and Rakhi started working in films again. However, they never got a legal divorce and they raised their daughter almost together.
- Rakhee used to visit an orphanage where she had become attached to a golden-haired boy. She wanted to adopt the kid, but she was a single woman at that time and that orphanage didn’t allow a single parent to adopt a child.
- Once while shooting for ‘Dacoit’, she had to scream and shout in an intense scene for the film. She was so into the character that she had admitted to the hospital as she had broken a vocal cord.
- Rakhee is an admirer of Former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi.
- She is the only actress to act as the lead heroine as well as the mother of Amitabh Bachchan.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)