|Real Name||Meghna Gulzar|
|Profession||Writer, Film Director|
|Famous For||Gulzar and Rakhee's Daughter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||13 December 1973|
|Age (as in 2017)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Xavier’s Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s Mumbai
The Tisch School of Arts, New York University, New York
|Educational Qualification(s)||Graduation in Sociology
A short course in Filmmaking from the Tisch School of Arts, New York University
|Debut||Film (Screenplay): Hu Tu Tu (1999)
Film (Director): Filhaal... (2002)
|Address||Boskiyana, Nargis Dutt Road, Pali Hill, Bandra (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Painting, Gardening, Listening to Music, Reading|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Father- Gulzar (Lyricist)
Mother- Rakhee (Actress)
|Favourite Lyricist(s)||Gulzar, Irshad Kamil|
|Favourite Music Director(s)||A. R. Rahman, Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Favourite Actresses||Rakhee, Tabu, Alia Bhatt|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Irrfan Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||K. S. Chithra, Lata Mangeshkar, Anuradha Paudwal, Kishore Kumar|
|Favourite Song(s)||Jaage Hain... from the film Guru (2007) and Kabira from the film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)|
|Favourite Book||Children’s Letters to God by Stuart Hample|
|Favourite Film||When Harry Met Sally...(1989)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Meghna Gulzar
- Meghna Gulzar was born as the only child to the respected lyricist Gulzar and veteran actress Raakhi.
- She missed her conventional childhood, as her parents have been living separately since her childhood.
- She started her career as a freelance writer with the Times of India.
- She also wrote for the NFDC publication Cinema in India.
- The ‘Poetry Society of India’ has also published her poetry in its anthologies.
- During the initial phase of her career in the Indian Film Industry, she worked as an Assistant Director to the noted filmmaker Saeed Akhtar Mirza.
- After completing a short course in filmmaking from New York, she returned to India and assisted her father in his films ‘Maachis’ and ‘Hu Tu Tu.’
- Meanwhile, she directed some documentaries for Doordarshan and music videos for several music albums.
- Meghna Gulzar’s debut directorial film ‘Filhaal’ (2002), starring Sushmita Sen and Tabu, failed at the Box Office.
- In 2015, she directed ‘Talvar,’ which received both critical and commercial acclaims. The film was based on the 2008 Noida double murder case; in which a 14-year old girl named Aarushi Talwar (daughter of Dr. Rajesh Talwar and Dr. Nupur Talwar) and a 45-year-old Hemraj, were killed in mysterious circumstances.
- She doesn’t like the term ‘Bollywood;’ rather ‘Hindi Film Industry.’
- Her 2018 directorial film ‘Raazi,’ starring Alia Bhatt and Vicky Kaushal, had also made headlines. The film was based on Harinder Sikka’s novel ‘Calling Sehmat,’ depicting the story of a real-life Indian Spy, Sehmat (fictional name).
- Meghna Gulzar always loves being in Kashmir, as most of her childhood has been spent in Kashmir, being there for extended period of her parents’ shoots.
- She considers the birth of her son, Samay, as the high point of her life.
- When it comes to her favourite film, she incessantly goes for praising ‘When Harry Met Sally…(1989).’
- Meghna’s stress-buster formula is taking small breaks out of the city, every few weeks.
- During an interview, Meghna Gulzar said that she takes inspiration from the everyday, ordinary.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)