Age: 77 Years
Death Date: 30/09/2019
|Full Name||Vittal Bapurao Khote|
|Famous Role||"Kaalia" in the movie Sholay (1975)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 179 cm
in meters- 1.79 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||17 December 1941 (Monday)|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|Date of Death||30 September 2019|
|Place of Death||Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||77 Years|
|Death Cause||Multiple Organ Failure|
|School||St. Sebastian's Gaon High School, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film: Ya Malak (1964)
|Last Film||Jaane Kyun De Yaaron (2018)- as "Biju Khote"
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Children||Sons- Sunil Khote, Lucky Khote IMDB
|Parents||Father- Nandu Khote (Actor)
Mother- Name Not Known
Sister- Shubha Khote
Some Lesser Known Facts About Viju Khote
- Does Viju Khote drink alcohol?: Yes
- Viju Khote had worked in both the Hindi as well as the Marathi cinema. His Debut movie, Ya Malak (1964), was produced by his father, Nandu Khote, who was known for silent comedy.
- Before coming into the acting field, he used to run a printing press of his own.
- Viju Khote has appeared in over 300 Hindi and Marathi movies, stage shows, and nearly 30 teleserials.
- He had received a small amount of Rs. 2500 for playing the role of Kaaliya in the movie Sholay (1975).
- His aunt, Durga Khote, and her uncle, Nayampalli, were also well-known actors.
- He is well known for his dialogues in the movies as “Kaaliya” in Sholay- “Sardar maine aapka namak khaya hai” and “Robert” in Andaz Apna Apna- “galti se mistake hogaya”
- He was more comfortable with comedy roles and thus had decided to shift himself from acting for villainous to comedy roles.
- He took his last breath on 30 September 2019, at 6.55 am in Mumbai at his residence, due to multiple organ failure. His last riots were performed at Chandan Wadi in Mumbai.