Richa Ghosh Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Richa Manabendra Ghosh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|International Debut||ODI- 21 September 2021 vs Australia Women at Mackay
T20- 12 February 2020 vs Australia Women at Melbourne
Test- Did not play
|Jersey Number||#13 (India)|
|Domestic/State Team(s)||• West Bengal
• Royal Challengers Bangalore
|Batting Style||Right hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm medium|
|Records (main ones)||• Highest partnership for the 8th wicket with Jhulan Goswami in the ODI match between India Women and Australia Women at Mackay on 21 September 2021
• No ducks in cricket career
• Highest partnership for the 7th wicket with DB Sharma in the T20 India Women vs Australia Women in Carrara on 10 October 2021
|Award||She won the Bengal Cricketer Of the year Award in 2018.
|Date of Birth||28 September 2003 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||19 Years|
|Birthplace||Siliguri, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Siliguri, West Bengal|
|School||Margaret Sister Nivedita English School, Siliguri|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Listening to music|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Manabendra Ghosh (cricket umpire)
Mother- Swapna Ghosh (homemaker)
|Siblings||Sister- Shomasree Ghosh (medical student)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Richa Ghosh
- Richa Ghosh is an Indian woman cricketer who is known for scoring the fastest fifty by an Indian woman player when she scored fifty-two runs on 26 balls against New Zealand women at Queenstown in an ODI match.
- During her childhood, she used to train with her father, and she was influenced by his aggressive batting approach. When she used to practice, there was no girls’ team in her hometown so, she used to practice with the boys at her academy.
- In 2016, her father stopped doing business and started looking after Richa’s training. In an interview, she said,
I had to give whatever time I had to her. I cannot open a business and shut it down temporarily when I was travelling. It takes 12-13 hours to reach Kolkata. If she is playing in any tournament in Kolkata, I quickly pack my bags. She is a small girl, we can’t leave her alone.”
- When she was six years old, she used to take part in sports, and she would often accompany her father to the Baghajatin Athletic Club in Siliguri, where he used to play.
- When she was eleven years old, she was selected for the Bengal U-19 team.
- During the Women T20 Challenger’s Trophy 2020, she scored 98 runs in four matches.
- In 2020, she was named in the Indian 15-player squad for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020.
- In January 2020, when she was sixteen years old, she was inducted into India’s squad for the 2020 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup. Later, in the same month, she was also listed in India’s squads for the 2020 Australia women’s Tri-Nation Series.
- In 2022, she became a part of the India women vs New Zealand women in the 4th ODI in Queenstown. In an interview, she expressed her feelings after scoring fifty in the ODI and said,
It felt really great as it was my first 50. The last time I got out for 44 in Australia but here I was able to continue and reach half-century. I was really happy, and my parents were also elated by it as they called up to congratulate me after the knock.”
- In an interview, she talked about how much she idolises MS Dhoni and said,
When I began watching matches of Team India, I started following MS Dhoni as I was impressed with his power-hitting abilities with the bat coupled with effective wicket-keeping behind the stumps. He is my idol.”
- In 2020, she donated Rs. 1 lakh to the Bengal Chief Minister’s relief fund to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The Indian Express In an interview, she talked about this and sad,
When everybody is fighting COVID-19 and the chief minister has appealed for a united battle against it, I thought of contributing a bit as a responsible citizen of the country.”
- In 2021, Richa’s father was attacked by some drunk men in Siliguri. Siliguri Times
- She is a passionate animal lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- She often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
- In February 2023, she was sold to Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 1.9 crore in the inaugural WPL auction. The Indian Express
|↑1||The Indian Express|
|↑3||The Indian Express|