|Real name/Full name||Riley Patrick Meredith Espn Cricinfo|
|Nickname(s)||Rizcat Hobart Hurricanes|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 1”
|International Debut||ODI- Did not play yet
Test- Did not play yet
T20- 3 March 2021 v New Zealand
|Jersey Number||# 34 (Australia)
# 20 (Punjab Kings)
|Domestic/State Team||• Hobart Hurricanes
• Punjab Kings
• Tasmania Under-23s
|Batting Style||Right Hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Fast Bowler|
|Date of Birth||21 June 1996 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||25 Years|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Mother- Karen Meredith
|Siblings||Brother- Daniel Meredith
Sister- Morgan Meredith
|Cricketer||Batsman- Ricky Ponting
Bowler- Mitchell Starc
|Cricket Ground||Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Yarra Park, Melbourne, Victoria|
|Net Worth (approx.)||8 croress INR citation|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Riley Meredith
- Riley Meredith is an Australian cricketer who plays as a fast bowler for the Australian cricket team. He represents Tasmania in first-class cricket, Hobart Hurricanes in the Big Bash League and Punjab Kings in the Indian Premier League.
- Riley Meredith consistently chipping in deliveries at a pace around 150 km/h with his reverse swing makes him a great prospect in international cricket for the Australian team.
- In January 2017, Riley Meredith made his List-A debut for Cricket Australia XI against Pakistan at the age of 21. Following year, he also made his first-class debut for Tasmania in the 2017–18 Sheffield Shield season.
- On 1 February 2018, Riley Meredith made his debut for Hobart Hurricane against Perth Scorchers in the semi-finals of the Big Bash League 2017/2018 season, where he picked up the wicket of Perth Scorchers skipper Adam Voges to help Hobart Hurricane win the match.
- In 2018-19, Riley Meredith took 27 wickets in 8 matches for Tasmania in the 2018–19 Sheffield Shield season and 16 wickets in the Big Bash League for Hobart Hurricanes.
- Riley Meredith’s maiden wicket in first-class cricket came through Australian all-rounder Daniel Christian. Riley Meredith has taken a total of 53 wickets from 18 matches in first-class cricket for Tasmania.
- In 2019-2020, Riley Meredith sidelined due to an injury limiting him to just 6 appearances in the Big Bash League.
- Riley Meredith gave away 17 runs off one delivery in the 2019 Big Bash League season. It started after he conceded a no-ball in the fourth delivery of his over, followed by a wide ball that went past through the wicket-keeper to the boundary for a four, and then bowling two consecutive no-balls, which were hit for four by Aaron Finch.
17 runs… FROM ONE BALL 😳
— KFC Big Bash League (@BBL) February 7, 2019
- Riley Meredith went unsold in 2019 IPL auctions with a base price of 40 Lakhs INR.
- In 2020-2021, Riley Meredith came back stronger after recovering from the injury picking up 16 scalps at an economy of 7.82. This helped him to get his first international call-up from selectors in the Australian squad against New Zealand.
- Riley Meredith League has played in 34 matches in the Big Bash League, taking 43 wickets at an economy of 8.06 and a strike rate of 17.58, with 4-21 being his best bowling figure.
- In February 2021, Punjab Kings bought Riley Meredith in the IPL auction for a staggering amount of 8 crore INR. He became the most expensive uncapped overseas player signed at an auction.
- Punjab Kings faced intense competition from Delhi Capitals in the IPL auction 2021, for the Australian fast bowler but ended up buying him.
Riley Meredith vi saddda hua for 8 CR ! ❤️
— Punjab Kings (@PunjabKingsIPL) February 18, 2021
- Punjab Kings went up on went big for the Australian fast bowling duo Riley Meredith along with his teammate Jhye Richardson, whom they signed for 14 crores INR.
- In an interview, Riley Meredith shared how he reacted to being a high-value player at the IPL auction. He said-:
I was trying to figure it out and tell him [Jhye], it went up to a million, two million, unbelievable, and then mine rolled around and it was the same,” Meredith said. “Same as Jhye, I probably only got a few hours sleep. I was on Facetime with my girlfriend and couldn’t believe what was happening. Like it was fake, to be honest, we were pretty dumbfounded.It was pretty outrageous really, wasn’t expecting too much going on. Was hoping for a bid or two. It got a bit out of control, luckily enough a couple of teams doing a bit of bidding and it was pretty amazing to go that high.I’m sure it will be a learning curve and hoping to grab it with both hands. There was a bit of talk before the auction about fast bowlers being in demand this year. It was a good time to not be allocated to a franchise. Bit of right place, right time.”
- On 3rd March 2021, Riley Meredith made his international T20 debut for Australia against New Zealand in which his figures were 2-24 including a prized wicket of New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson for a duck. Riley Meredith put up a decent performance on his debut helping Australia win that match.
- Riley Meredith is a dog lover and has adopted a greyhound named Elton. His girlfriend Maddie Gowans runs a foster home for animals.