Age: 25 Years
Hometown: Prayagraj, India
|Full name||Yash Pal Dayal YouTube - Punjab Kesari UP|
|Nickname||Honey Facebook - Yash Dayal
|Famous for||Hit for 5 consecutive sixes by KKR batsman Rinku Singh in the 2023 IPL|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Domestic/State Team||• SGFI Under-16
• Uttar Pradesh Under-21
• Uttar Pradesh Under-23
• Uttar Pradesh
• India A
• Gujarat Titans
|Nature on field||Cool|
|Bowling Style||Left-handed fast|
|Date of Birth||13 December 1997 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Chakia Mohalla, Karbala, Prayagraj (then-Allahabad), Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||• Bishop Johnson School, Prayagraj
• Kendriya Vidyalaya, New Cantt, Prayagraj
|College/University||Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHUATS), Prayagraj|
|Educational Qualifications||He pursued a Bachelor's degree (Honours) in Arts in Psychology at the Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHUATS), Prayagraj. Facebook - SHUATS|
|Controversy||In June 2023, he attracted controversy after sharing a story on Instagram related to the Shahbad Dairy murder case in which a 16-year-old girl named Sakshi was stabbed over 20 times before being bludgeoned with a cement slab by the accused Sahil Khan, eventually killing her on the spot. Netizens accused him of spreading hate in the society.
Yash Dayal later deleted the story and shared an apology note on social media. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Chandrapal Dayal (Ex-cricketer)
Mother- Radha Dayal (Homemaker)
|Siblings||He has an elder sister named Shuchi Dayal who is a dietician.
|Film||Bollywood- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
|Cars Collection||MG Hector SUV
|Bikes Collection||Honda X-Blade
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yash Dayal
- Yash Dayal is an Indian cricketer who has represented Uttar Pradesh and India A. He was acquired by Gujarat Titans in the 2022 mega auction. In the 2023 IPL, he got hit for 5 consecutive sixes by Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) batsman and his Uttar Pradesh teammate Rinku Singh.
- He got interested in cricket during childhood after watching his father practice on the ground. His father was also a fast bowler who played for Allahabad University in Vizzy Trophy in the 1980s.
- He started playing cricket at the age of eight, and by the age of ten, he had played in a senior division match.
- At the age of twelve, he started training under the father of cricketer Ali Murtaza, Ghulam Murtaza, at the Bishop Johnson School, Prayagraj.
- He later played many matches for Kendriya Vidyalaya, New Cantt, Prayagraj and represented the school at regional and national levels, and he also captained the Varanasi team in a national-level tournament.
- When he was in 10th standard, his father asked him if he wanted to play cricket or study, and then he made up his mind to become a cricketer.
- In 2011, he represented the SGFI Under-16 team. He later played for Uttar Pradesh Under-21 and Under-23 teams.
- On 21 September 2018, he played his debut match for Uttar Pradesh against Chhattisgarh in the Vijay Hazare Trophy and took 1 wicket for 41 runs.
- On 1 November 2018, he played his debut Ranji match for Uttar Pradesh against Goa and took 2 wickets for 74 runs in the match.
- On 21 February 2019, he played his debut T20 match for Uttar Pradesh against Maharashtra in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy and took 1 wicket for 17 runs.
- In a Ranji Trophy match, he took 5 wickets for 48 runs in an innings and 9 wickets for 121 runs in the match.
- In February 2021, he was a net bowler for India in the series against West Indies.
- In 2022, he played for India A team against the New Zealand A team.
- He was selected for the Indian team for the series against Bangladesh in November 2022; however, he was later ruled out of the series. Hindustan Times
- He was among the five highest wicket-takers in the 2022 Vijay Hazare Trophy with 14 wickets in 7 matches at an average of 17.35 and an economy of 3.77.
- Gujarat Titans acquired him for Rs 3.2 crores against the base price of Rs 20 lakhs in the 2022 IPL mega auction.
- On 13 April 2022, he played his IPL debut match against Rajasthan Royals.
- He took 11 wickets in 9 matches in the 2022 IPL at an average of 26.91 and an economy of 9.25 with the best bowling figures of 3 wickets for 40 runs and helped them win the trophy in their inaugural season.
- On 9 April 2023, he was bowling the last over of the match against KKR with KKR needing 28 runs off it. KKR batsman Umesh Yadav gave the strike to Rinku Singh who was Yash’s Uttar Pradesh teammate as well. Rinku hit 5 consecutive sixes off Yash’s deliveries and helped KKR win the match.
- Yash Dayal was seen dejected after the loss as he held his hand with his hands. KKR tweeted that Yash would come back strong as he was a champion.
— KolkataKnightRiders (@KKRiders) April 9, 2023
- He said in an interview that had he not become a cricketer, he would have become a Chartered Accountant (CA).
- His favourite subject during school was history.
- He likes to play Basketball in his leisure time.
- He used to practice alone on the roof of his home to hone his skills. When his school teachers came to know about this, they told him that there is no future in cricket.
- He does not like to speak too much and is a shy person.
- He credited his parents as the reason behind his success and said that even though he used to wake up late while growing up, his father always used to keep everything ready for him. He later became independent and self-reliant.