|Priya in the 2023 film Sapta Saagaradaache Ello - Side A
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Film: Birbal Trilogy Case 1: Finding Vajramuni (2019) as Jahnvi
|Date of Birth
|10 December 1994 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|• Army Public School, Bangalore
• Air Force School ASTE, Bengaluru
• Centre for Learning
|Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, Bloomsbury, London
|Acting degree The Hindu
|Relationships & More
|Father- Colonel Vasanth Venugopal (Indian army officer)
Mother- Subhashini Vasanth (Bharatanatyam dancer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rukmini Vasanth
- Rukmini Vasanth is an Indian actress who is mainly known for her acting in Kannada films. She gained a lot of appreciation for playing the role of Priya in the Kannada movie Sapta Sagaradache Ello in 2023.
- She was born in a Kannada-speaking family in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- In July 2007, Colonel Vasanth, Rukmini’s father and a veteran of the Kargil war, was killed while fighting terrorists in the Uri sector. Leading his men courageously, he sustained severe injuries in enemy gunfire but fought on until all eight infiltrators were defeated. He passed away before he was taken to the base hospital. Her father is the first recipient of Karnataka of India’s highest peacetime military decoration, the Ashoka Chakra. Her mother, in 2008, received the Ashok Chakra.
- In memory of her husband, she founded the Vasantharatna Foundation to support and care for the families of martyrs, particularly focusing on the wives and children of soldiers. In an interview, Rukmini added,
Basically, we have one thing is common — loss, but we have built an amazing sense of community. A camp is also organised where wives, children, sometimes grandparents come for a weekend to a corporate team building space outside Bengaluru for a workshop.”
- Initially, she decided to become a theatre artist. While acting in various theatre shows, she started watching films which led to her interest in becoming an actor.
- In an interview, she said that during her training days, she was taught about journaling, which helped her a lot when she became a professional. In the interview, she added,
If I go to sets and don’t know how to begin my performance, I have a Meisner Performance Theory or a Stanislavsky Performance Theory to fall back on. Another thing I took from my RADA practice is journaling. During my classes, when I was preparing for a performance, I would journal as the character. This process helped me during the filming of SSE, as my character was intense and had many layers.”
- In 2023, she appeared in the film Sapta Saagaradaache Ello – Side A in which she played the role of Priya. She received a lot of fame for her role in the film. In an interview, she revealed that she got selected for the film when she messaged the team after viewing an advertisement in the newspaper. She was selected for auditions and after the auditions, she was selected for the role.
- In 2023, she appeared in two other big films including the second part of the film Sapta Saagaradaache Ello- Sapta Saagaradaache Ello – Side B and Baanadariyalli in which she played the role of Leela.
- In the same year, two other projects were announced including Bagheera and Bhairathi Ranagal.
- She is a fitness freak and often posts videos and photos of her workouts.
- She is often spotted drinking wine on various occasions.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog named Truffle.