|Being the victim of the Shahbad Dairy murder case in Delhi The Times of India
|Date of Birth
|Date of Death
|28 May 2023
|Place of Death
|Shahbad Dairy area in Rohini, Delhi
|Age (at the time of death)
|Murder The Times of India
|Class 10 India Today
|Hinduism YouTube - India TV
|As per police reports, Sakshi had a bearing the name Praveen on one of her hands. Business Standard
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|• Sahil (AC and Fridge Mechanic) The Times of India
• Praveen The Free Press Journal
|Father- Janak Raj (Raj Mistry)
|She had a younger brother.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sakshi Reddy
- Sakshi Reddy was an Indian girl who was brutally killed by her boyfriend Sahil on 28 May 2023 in the Shahbad Dairy area in Rohini, Delhi. Apparently, Sahil stabbed her with a knife around 20 times before crashing her head with a concrete slab 6 times.
- She grew up in a financially weak family in Delhi.
- Sakshi was in a relationship with Sahil since June 2021.
- On 28 May 2023, when Sakshi went to the market to buy a gift for her friend Neetu’s son for his birthday, Sahil stopped her on the street to talk to her. However, when she refused to talk with Sahil, he attacked her with a knife, stabbing her repeatedly for around 20 times. Later, when she fell to the ground, Sahil picked up a cement block and smashed it on her head repeatedly for 6 times. There were many people on the street when the incident took place. However, no one came to help Sakshi. In a media conversation, while describing the entire incident, Sakshi’s mother said,
At the market, Sahil approached her and asked her to come with him. But when my daughter asked him why, he stabbed her multiple times and soon fell unconscious. He then smashed her head repeatedly with stones.”
- Apparently, Sahil was enraged by Sakshi’s decision to end their relationship.
- The murder got recorded in a CCTV camera which was placed nearby and later, a 90 seconds video clip from the incident went viral on the internet. Later, another clip from the CCTV came into the fore in which Sahil can be seen standing with a man named Akash and the two were talking to each other a few minutes before the incident took place. However, when Akash was interrogated by the Delhi police, he revealed that they were talking on some other issue.
- After the Delhi police got the information about the incident, they reached the crime spot and rushed Sakshi to Ambedkar Hospital, where she was declared brought dead by the doctors.
- According to some sources, Sakshi met Sahil on 27 May 2023, and the two ended up having an argument over some issues. Apparently, Sakshi met Sahil with one of her friends Ajay aka Jhabru who threatened to kill Sahil if he did not stop bothering Sakshi. DNA When the police enquired about the same from Jhabru, he said,
Sahil is trying to involve me in this now that he has been caught. I did not threaten him because I am not a gangster. I was only trying to assist Sakshi, and I only told Sahil to stop bothering her. He might have believed that I and Sakshi were having an affair, which ignited him to kill her.”
- After the initial investigation of the case, Delhi Police Special CP Dependra Pathak said,
As per the information as of now, they (Sahil-Sakshi) knew each other and there was some quarrel or they parted ways. The accused (Sahil) had a grudge and he did this kind of gruesome murder. It’s a crime of passion. Further probe is being done.”
- Soon after the incident, Sakshi’s father filed a complaint against Sahil at the Shahbad Dairy area police station following which a case under Section 32 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code. Sakshi’s parents have demanded a capital punishment for Sahil for his heinous crime. In a media conversation, Sakshi’s father said,
We need justice for our daughter. She was brutally stabbed multiple times and her head was smashed repeatedly with a stone. We want the accused to be hanged to death.”
- Apparently, before her murder, Sakshi had been staying at her friend Neetus’s house for the past 15 days as Neetu’s husband was out of the town for some work. In a media conversation, while talking about it, Sakshi’s mother said,
My daughter had been staying with Neetu and her two children for the past 15 days. Just yesterday (Sunday) around 1:30 pm, I spoke to my daughter. She told me that she would return home once Neetu’s husband was back and I was eagerly waiting for her. Little did I know that she would never return.”
- Some of Sakshi’s neighbours revealed during a media conversation that she was staying at her friend’s place from several days. She returned to her house for two days and then again went back to live at her friend’s house. Apparently, her parents once went to Sakshi’s friend’s house and accused her of spoiling their daughter. Amar Ujala
- Sahil fled from the crime spot after mercilessly killing Sakshi. He moved to a nearby park, where he sat for some time. He immediately switched off his phone and threw it in a drain near the Gupta colony. He then walked to Rithala metro station from where he took an RTV to Samaypur Badli. Sahil spent his night at a park and reached Anand Vihar ISBT in the morning. He then took a bus to his aunt (Bua) Shamim’s house in Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh. On reaching his aunt’s house, Sahil called his mother and explained the entire incident.
- The Delhi police began searching for Sahil soon after a complaint was registered against him by Sakshi’s father. On 29 May 2023, the Delhi police arrested Sahil from Aterna village in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh after a call from his aunt to his father was traced by them.
- When police enquired Sakshi’s parents about Sahil they replied that they were not aware if Sakshi had any acquaintance with Sahil. However, according to some reports, in the FIR, his father mentioned that they often asked Sakshi not to engage with Sahil as she was a minor, but she did not pay any heed to it. The Times of India
- While talking to the media, Sakshi’s parents revealed that Sakshi desired to become a lawyer.
- She lived with her family in JJ Colony, Delhi.
- According to the police, Sahil suspected that Sakshi was in contact with her ex-boyfriend. Sahil had earlier warned Sakshi of dangerous consequences if she remained in touch with her ex-boyfriend.
- According to the police, Sahil remained in the same clothes and shoes after the murder. When he was arrested, he was wearing the same T-shirt that he was seen wearing in the CCTV footage.
- Apparently, a few days back Sakshi sent an audio message to Sahil on Instagram in which she asked,
Gali ka badmash hai kya tu (are you the goon of the area?)?”
- During the investigation, when the Delhi police enquired Sahil about the murder weapon, he claimed that he had bought the knife from Haridwar 15 days back to show his pull in the neighbourhood and also to protect himself from his enemies. He further said that he threw the weapon in the Rithala area of Delhi after the murder. The Times of India
- After the murder of Sakshi, the Delhi government announced financial assistance of Rs. 10 lakhs to Sakshi’s family.
- As per some reports, Sakhi had her ex-boyfriend Praveen’s name inked on one of her hands. Sahil often quarrelled with Sakshi for having Praveen’s tattoo. Times Now News
- According to some sources, Sahil engaged in conversations with multiple girls on social media due to which Sakshi wanted to break up with him. The Free Press Journal