|Other name||Sahil Khan Jagran|
|Full name||Mohammad Sahil The Free Press Journal|
|Profession||Fridge and AC Repair Mechanic|
|Known for||Brutally killing her girlfriend Sakshi Reddy in the Shahbad Dairy area in Rohini, Delhi Business Standard|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth||Year, 2003|
|Age (as of 2023)||20 Years|
|Religion||Islam The Free Press Journal|
|Tattoo||On his Chest: A skull tattoo
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sakshi Reddy Business Standard|
|Parents||Father- Mohammad Sarfaraz (welder)
Mother- Name Not Known (runs a shop in Delhi)
|Siblings||Sahil has three sisters. Two of his sisters are studying and one is working.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sahil
- Sahil is an Indian fridge and AC who mercilessly killed his girlfriend Sakshi on 28 May 2023 by stabbing her with a knife over 20 times. He later smashed Sakshi’s head with a cement slab six times.
- Sahil grew up in a financially weak family in Delhi.
- Reportedly, Sahil earlier used to live in the Shahbad Dairy area with his family. However, he was forced to leave the area in 2021 with his family members as he often indulged in severe fights. Later, Sahil got settled with his family in a rented house on the ground floor in Jain Colony, Prahladpur, Rohini, Delhi.
- On 28 May 2023, Sahil barbarically killed his girlfriend Sakshi in the Shahbad Dairy area in Rohini, Delhi, by stabbing her with a knife repeatedly for around 20 times. He later smashed her head with a concrete block 6 times. The entire incident was recorded in a CCTV camera placed nearby. In the CCTV footage that went viral on the internet, it could be seen that there were many passersby who witnessed the incident but no one came to Sakshi’s rescue.
- After committing the gruesome murder, Sahil left the crime spot and went to his home, where he left his mobile phone. He then moved to the Kashmiri Gate Bus Stand and took a bus from there to his aunt (Bua) Shamim’s house.
- When he safely reached his aunt’s home, he called his mother to describe the entire incident.
- According to Sakshi’s mother, Sakshi was living at her friend Neetu’s house for the past 15 days as Neetu’s husband was out of town for some work. On 28 May 2023, when Sakshi went to the market to buy a gift for Neetu’s son’s birthday, Sahil stopped her. However, Sakshi when refused to talk with him, Sahil got annoyed and started stabbing her with a knife. Apparently, the two were in a relationship for the past two years. Sakshi recently broke up with him after which they had a quarrel. A day before Sakshi’s murder, she met Sahil and the two had a fight over some issue. Their fight enraged Sahil so much that he decided to kill Sakshi.
- As per the initial investigation, Delhi Police Special CP Dependra Pathak said,
As per the information as of now, they (Sahil-Sakshi) knew each other and there was some quarrel or they parted ways. The accused (Sahil) had a grudge and he did this kind of gruesome murder. It’s a crime of passion. Further probe is being done.”
- After the incident, Sakshi’s father filed a complaint against Sahil in the Shahbad Dairy police station on the basis of which a case was registered against Sahil under Section 32 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code.
- Sakshi’s parents while demanding a capital punishment for Sahil said in a media conversation,
We need justice for our daughter. She was brutally stabbed multiple times and her head was smashed repeatedly with a stone. We want the accused to be hanged to death.”
- Following the complaint against Sahil, a special team was formed by the Delhi police to nab Sahil. The police began searches at his house and his relatives’ houses. Later, a call from his aunt to his father was traced by the Delhi Police through which police came to know about Sahil’s location. On 29 May 2023, Sahil was arrested from Aterna village in Bulandshahr district of Uttar Pradesh.
- According to some sources, Sahil was planning to kill Sakshi for the past few days.
- Kapil Mishra, a BJP leader called the incident as love-jihad and said that the murder was well planned by a mastermind. Posting a picture of Sahil in police custody, Kapil tweeted,
This is Mohammad Sahil s/o Sarfaraz. This monster mercilessly killed a minor Hindu girl by stabbing her in Delhi. How is Kalava in the hands of this Sahil? This is love jihad. This is a planned attack against daughters. Who is Sahil’s master mind?”
- In a media conversation, Sahil’s father said that he didn’t know that Sahil could be so brutal and he was against his son’s act. He further said that Sahil was not a minor and should be treated like an adult.
- As per some sources, Sahil used to wear a Kalawa (a cotton red sacred thread worn by Hindus) to hide his real identity or religion.