Age: 45 Years
Wife: Aparna Dharmadhikari
|Famous role||• Beshak Khan in the Marathi film Farzand (2018)
• Sameer Kelkar in the Hindi film Agnipankh (2004)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.8 m
in feet & inches- 6'
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 45 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
• Marathi: As Shyamrao Guruji Kamble in the film Nirmala Machindra Kamble (1999)
• Hindi: As Vivek Chauhan in the film Satta (2003)
TV: Episodic appearances in Raja Aur Rancho telecast on DD Metro (1997-1998)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 6th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award in 2016
• Suryadutta National Award 2017
• Best Actor Award 2019 for his performance in the Marathi television drama ‘Bheti Laagi Jeeva.’
• Best Villain Award 2019 for the film ‘Farzand’ at City Cine Awards Marathi
• Global Icon of India Award 2021 in the Acting Youth Icon category
• Sanskruti Kala Darpan Award
|Date of Birth||26 September 1978 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||45 Years|
|School||Abhinava Vidyalaya High School, Pune, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Bharati Vidyapeeth, Pune, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||He is a graduate|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Instagram - Sameer Dharmadhikari Official|
|Hobbies||Travelling, bike riding, sculpting, playing flute
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Aparna Dharmadhikari (director, actress, photographer)
• Saraswati (digital creator)
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Sushma (elder)
|Bike Collection||• Harley Davidson
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sameer Dharmadhikari
- Sameer Dharmadhikari is an Indian actor who has made a name for himself in both the Marathi and Hindi entertainment industries.
- In an interview, Sameer revealed that his first earning came from selling a lantern he made while he was still studying in school. He earned a total of Rs. 120 from the sale, which he used to buy roller skates worth Rs. 180. His father contributed the remaining 60 rupees to help him purchase the skates.
- Before becoming an actor, he used to work, as a designer of hydraulic machines. Alongside his job, he also pursued his passion for theatre and honed his acting skills.
- Sameer’s big break in the Hindi film industry came with the 2003 film ‘Satta’, directed by Madhur Bhandarkar. In the film, he played the lead role, Vivek Chauhan, opposite Raveena Tandon. His performance in the film was widely appreciated and earned him a nomination for Best Debut Actor at the Zee Cine Awards.
- In 2007, Sameer played the lead role, Shekhar, in the Marathi film ‘Nirop’ directed by Sachin Kundalkar and produced by Aparna Dharmadhikari (Sameer’s wife); the film won the Best Feature Film Award in Marathi language at the 55th National Film Awards.
- Later, he starred in several Bollywood movies, such as ‘Agnipankh’ (2004), ‘Raincoat’ (2004), ‘Katputtli’ (2006), ‘Restaurant’ (2006), ‘Farzand’ (2018), and ‘Shaabash Mitthu’ (2022).
- He also ventured into television, appearing in several Hindi shows such as ‘Ghar Ek Mandir’ (2000), ‘Shree Ganesh’ (2000-2003), and ‘Main Teri Parchhain Hoon’ (2008-2009).
- He is well-known for portraying various historical characters in Hindi TV shows including ‘Gangadhar Rao Newalkar’ in ‘Jhansi Ki Rani’ (2009), ‘Suddhodana’ in ‘Buddha’ (2013-2014), ‘King Bindusara Maurya’ in ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’ (2015-2016), and ‘Chhatrapati Shahu’ in ‘Peshwa Bajirao’ (2017).
He starred as Sudama in the lead role of the web series ‘AB LLB’ (2023), which premiered on MX Player.
- He has appeared in many Marathi plays including ‘Sangeet Uttarkriya’ and ‘Jhali Tujhi Preet.’ He played the titular role in the English play ‘Nathuram Godse.’
- He has appeared in the TV commercials of many popular brands including Colgate, Raymond Suitings, Vimal Suitings, and De Beer.
- Sameer has a fondness for animals, and he owns a toy poodle dog along with cattle.
- Sameer is a fitness enthusiast who regularly meditates and exercises to maintain his mental and physical well-being.