- Samina Samoon aka Samina Sindhu, who was a Pakistani singer was shot dead in Southern Sindh in Larkana district during a wedding ceremony on 10 April 2018.
- She was a great Sindhi artist, and during her performance at the wedding, a guest named Tariq Jatoi asked her to stand up and dance with him. The media reported that when 24-year-old pregnant Samoon rejected Jatoi’s request, he pulled out his gun and shot her dead.
- The full incident was captured on camera, and later, the video was shared by Islamabad-based human rights activist Kapil Dev on social media handles.
- Her husband, Ashiq Ali has demanded an FIR against the culprit with a double homicide for killing his wife and unborn child. Ali stated, “Samina declined to dance because she was pregnant, her refusal enraged the accused who then killed her.”
- Abdullah Sheikh, the Deputy Inspector General Police(DIG), who is dealing with the case has said that the weapon with which Samoon was killed has been recovered and the accused has been arrested.
- Samoon’s funeral was held at Jinnah Bagh, where several artists like Shaban Sindhu, Ashiq Samo, Aziz Sangi, and Kanwal protested demanding justice in front of SSP’s office.
- Her sudden demise was a big shock for her family and relatives. Here’s a video of her near and dear ones expressing their grief and anger in front of media after her funeral:
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)