|Real Name||Sanam Puri|
|Profession||Playback Singer, Lead Vocalist, Songwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (Approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||30 June 1992|
|Age (as in 2017)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Indian School, Muscat, Oman|
|College||Kirori Mal College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Singing Debut||Album: Supastas (2011)
Bollywood: Dhat Teri Ki from the movie Gori Tere Pyaar Mein (2013)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Samar Puri (Lead Guitarist of their band)
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Travelling, playing video games|
|Controversy||Sanam Puri became a victim of a controversy when he was not credited for his song 'Coffee Peetey Peetey' that was included in the film, Gabbar Is Back (2015).|
|Favourite Bands||Silk Route, The Beatles|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanam Puri
- Does Sanam Puri smoke: Not Known
- Does Sanam Puri drink alcohol: Not Known
- Sanam started writing song lyrics at a very young age of 12. His parents, after realizing his talent, offered him full support in fulfilling his dream of becoming a singer.
- He won as many as 36 trophies in various singing competitions during his three years of college in Delhi.
- In the year 2010, Sanam formed a pop band with his brother, Samar, and two of his close friends. The 4-membered-band named SQS Supastars then auditioned for Times Music Pop Band Hunt, which they eventually won.
- Soon after winning the competition, the band moved to Mumbai and ‘re-branded’ itself as the SQS Project.
- In 2013, ‘SQS project’ hired Ben Thomas as its manager. Notably, Ben Thomas has previously managed pop stars like Sonu Nigam and Vishal–Shekhar.
- Sanam Puri says that their YouTube rise was accidental and that they had no plans to release their singles on the video platform. In an interview, he said, “I had recorded some videos to be pitched to a few agents for live concerts globally. For fun, I put them on YouTube, too. A few months later, we received an $800 cheque from Google.”
- By 2014, the band had renamed itself for the third time. The re-branded band now called itself- ‘Sanam‘. The word Sanam stands for love in various languages like Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian and Arabic. Sanam’s ambition is to revive the indie music culture in India, once shaped by bands like ‘Silk Route.’
- The band even got the opportunity to record a Hindi song titled ‘Main Hoon’ for the 2014 Hollywood film- The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The track was utilized to promote the movie in India.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)