Sanam Puri Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 27 Years
Girlfriend: Asmi Shrestha
Hometown: Muscat, Oman
|Nickname(s)||One of the member's of the band (Sanam), Keshav Dhanraj calls him 'Salmon'|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer|
|Famous For||Being the lead vocalist of the band 'Sanam'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Album: Supastars (2010)
Bollywood: 'Dhat Teri Ki' from the film “Gori Tere Pyar Mein” (2013)
Telugu: 'E Kadha' from the film "Chandamama Kathalu" (2014)
Bengali: 'Priyotoma' from the film "Jajabor" (2015)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• 2019: Radio City Freedom Award 2019 for Best Pop song of the year for the song "Itni Door"
• 2019: Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award for Live Band
• 2918: Digital Icons of the Year by Talent Track Awards
• 2018: Best Music Content Creator- (National Category) at the Social Media Summit & Awards
• 2010: Winners of Times Music Supastars as SQS Project
|Date of Birth||30 June 1992 (Thurday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||28 Years|
|School||Indian School in Muscat, Oman|
|College/University||Kirori Mal College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Dropped out Kirori Mal College after six month|
|Hobbies||Playing Video Games, Travelling, Cooking|
|Controversies||• In 2015, he recorded the song 'Coffee Peetey' from the film "Gabbar is Back.' The conroversy aroused when the soundtrack of the film got released but Sanam did not get any credits for it. Reportedly, the credit for the song went to Dev Negi. Talking about it, he said, Times of India
"They released my version without giving me the credit. Now only my regular listeners will know it's me, the rest think the voice is Dev's. It's so unfair. I tried to reach the production house, but nobody bothered to enlighten me or correct the error"
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Asmi Shrestha (Miss Nepal 2016)
|Parents||Names not known
|Siblings||Brother- Samar Puri (Singer, Guitarist)
|Bands||Westlife, NSync, The Beatles, Silk Route|
|Film||Grave of the Fireflies (1988)|
|Singer||Kishore Kumar, Manna Dey|
|TV Shows||One Piece|
|Travel Destination(s)||Maldives, Mauritius|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanam Puri
- His father used to listen to Indian music, which brought influence on both Sanam and Samar.
- At the age of six, he started to compose music and sing. Both the brothers used to compose music for their parents to surprise them.
- Sanam started writing song lyrics at a very young age of 12. His parents, after realizing his talent, offered him full support in fulfilling his dream of becoming a singer.
- During his school days in 2003, his brother, Samar Puri and his classmate, Venky S or Venkat Subramaniyam (bass guitar) decided to make a band and took Sanam as the vocalist. After completing their schooling, three of them moved to India to pursue college.
- During his college days, Sanam, Samar and Venky got involved in a college rock circuit, where they met Keshav Dhanraj (drummer).
- At the same time, Sanam participated in many singing competitions and won them.
- During his college days, he was ragged and bullied by his seniors, and the incident is unpleasurable and unforgettable for him. Talking about it, he says,
Meri bahut ragging hui thi, Kirori Mal ki Dramatic Society ke members bahut bully karte they. My seniors locked me in a room and spoke to me in a manner which I can’t even describe. They used foul language to make it more horrific. Woh sab ek emotional torture ki tarah tha. And the weirdest part of it was that my seniors apologized for what they did to me. I shared the experience me with my parents and they advised me not to take it seriously.”
- Sanam, together with Venky, Samar and Keshav, formed a band called ‘The Previous Band.’ Unfortunately, the band strived only for a short time and as two of its members went to Los Angeles to study music in the Musical Institute.
- In 2009, Samar and Sanam went to Mumbai to pursue a career in music. Venky reconnected with all the members of the band, and in 2010, they formed a band named SQS Project and participated in “Times Music Supastars,” which they eventually won.
- Initially, Sanam didn’t want to pursue music as his career. It was his Samar and his mother who forced him to sing. Later, when he came to Mumbai, he realized his love for music.
- In 2013, ‘SQS project’ met Ben Thomas (Managing Director, Kurian & Co Talent Management) as its manager. Notably, Ben Thomas’ company had previously managed pop stars like Sonu Nigam and Vishal–Shekhar.
- Apart from ‘Supastars,’ the band has two more studio albums to its name, Samar Sanam (2011) and Sanam Revolution (2018), and several compilation albums such as In Love with Sanam (2017), Sanam Revisited (2015), Universally Sanam (2019), and Memories Vol. 1 (2020).
- The band earned recognition by putting their songs on YouTube; the first one being the cover of ‘Ainvayi Ainvayi’ in October 2012.
- By 2014, the band re-branded itself as ‘Sanam’. The word ‘Sanam’ stands for ‘love’ in various languages like Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Persian and Arabic.
- In 2018, the band released their single ‘Sanam Mennu,’ which made the band Artist of the Month on MTV Beats; it was composed by Sanam Puri. The band has many hit singles to its name, which are, Tu Yahaan, Ek Pyar Nagma, Kahi Door, Chala Jata Hoon, Fakira, and Jane De Pyar.
- The band even got the opportunity to record a Hindi song titled ‘Main Hoon’ for the 2014 Hollywood film- The Amazing Spider-Man 2. The track was utilized to promote the movie in India.
- The band has collaborated in many programs and events including Coke Studio Season 3, Micromax Romance Anthem, Jammin, ICC Cricket World Cup Anthem 2019, and Mac Dowells No.1 Yaari Jaam.
- Sanam has a fear of bees and wasps.
- Sanam doesn’t like listening to songs. According to him, as a composer and listening to songs would get him influenced.
- According to Sanam, if not a singer, he would have been a game designer or a cook.
|↑1||Times of India|