Age: 25 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Famous For||Her Punjabi song "Jatta Sareaam Ve Tu Dhakka Kardae"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||TV: Voice of Punjab Season 3 (2012)|
|Date of Birth||13 June 1994 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Badal, Sri Muktsar Sahib|
|Hometown||Village Badal, Sri Muktsar Sahibillage Badal, Sri Muktsar Sahib, Punjab|
|School||Government Senior Secondary School, Badal|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music|
|Tattoo||She has got a tattoo on her right arm.
|Controversy||In February 2020 Afsana Khan attracted a controversy for singing offensive songs at a government school in her hometown. Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Late Sheera Khan
Mother- Asha Begum
|Siblings||Brother- Khuda Baksh (singer)
Sister(s)- Raftaar Kaur, Raman Khan, Rajia Sultaan, and Neetu Khan
|Actress||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Singers||Sonu Nigam, Diljit Dosanjh, Neha Kakkar|
|Car Collection||Mahindra Scorpio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Afsana Khan
- Afsana Khan is a Punjabi singer who is best known for singing the Punjabi song “Jatta Sareaam Ve Tu Dhakka Kardae.”
- She was born in a lower-middle-class family in village Badal, Sri Muktsar Sahib.
- Her family has a background in music; Afsana’s grandfather and father were also singers.
- Khan’s father passed away when she was too young.
- She started singing locally to help support her family.
- In 2012, Afsana participated in the singing reality show “Voice of Punjab Season 3” and reached the top 5 of the show.
- Subsequently, Khan appeared in the singing reality show “Rising Star” as a contestant.
- Khan has performed at various live shows across Punjab.
- Some of her Punjabi songs include “Tootera,” “Mahi Mileya,” “Jaani Ve Jaani,” “Chandigarh Shehar,” and Juti Jharrke.”
- During an interview, Afsana shared that she didn’t know any Bollywood song when she appeared for the auditions of the show “Rising Star.” She prepared the song “Jag Suna Suna Lage” on the auditions venue itself and got selected for the show.
- She has never received any formal training in music.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|1.||↑||Times of India|