Sangeeta Sornalingam Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Other Name||• Sangeetha Sornalingam Pillai Saivaneri
• Sangeetha Vijay Onmanorama
|Known for||Being married to Indian actor Vijay|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||14 April|
|Age (as of 2023)||Not known|
|Nationality||Sri Lankan Tamilian|
|Educational Qualification||Grauduation in medical science|
|Religion||Hinduism Orissa Post|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||25 August 1999|
|Marriage Place||Rani Meyyammai Hall in Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Husband/Spouse||Vijay (actor and singer)
|Children||Son- Jason Sanjay Vijay (born in 2000 in London)
Daughter- Divya Sasha (born in 2005 in Chennai)
Mother- Nirmala Sornalingam
|Siblings||Sangeeta has a younger sister
|Other Relative||Father-in-law- S. A. Chandrasekar (film director, producer, writer, and actor)
Mother-in-law- Shoba Chandrasekhar (playback singer, director, writer, and film producer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sangeeta Sornalingam
- Sangeeta Sornalingam is a Sri Lankan Tamilian, who got married to Vijay (actor), an Indian actor, on 25 August 1999.
- Sangeeta belongs to a Hindu Sri Lankan Tamil family. When she was young, her father migrated to London, where she was raised by her parents.
- In 1998, Sangeeta and Vijay got engaged in London. After enjoying a courtship period of around nine months, the wedding was solemnised in 1999 with Hindu and Christian rituals as Vijay follows Christianity. Hindustan Times In January 2023, according to some media sources, it was speculated that Vijay and Sangeeta were getting separated after 23 years of their marriage, but a close source of their family denied the rumours of their divorce and said,
The rumours of Vijay and Sangeetha’s divorce are baseless. We have no idea how it started.” DNA
- As per some media sources, Sangeeta is a homemaker, whereas some sources claim that she is an industrialist.
- Sangeeta’s son, Jason Sanjay made a guest appearance in the Tamil film Vettaikaaran with his father Vijay in 2019, and her daughter, Divya Sasha acted in her father’s Tamil film Theri (2016) and played a minor role of his daughter.
- In October 2019, Wow Awards were organized by the Galatta Media in which Sangeeta was awarded the ‘Unheralded Commander’ Award.