Namrata Shirodkar Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname||Cheenu YouTube - Zee TV|
|Profession(s)||Former Actor & Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-34|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||Film (Hindi; As a child actor): Shirdi Ke Sai Baba (1977)
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai (1998) as Pooja
Film (Kannada; As an actor): Chora Chittha Chora (1999) as love interest of the lead character Ravi
Film (Malayalam; As an actor): Ezhupunna Tharakan (1999) as Ashwini Varma
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Vamshi (2009) as Shilpa
Film (Marathi; As an actor): Astitva (2000) as Revati
Film (English; As an actor): Bride and Prejudice (2004) as Jaya Bakshi
Film (Telugu/Hindi; As a producer): Major (2022)
|Awards||• 1999: Nominated by Zee Cine Award for Best Debut Actress for the Hindi film ‘Mere Do Anmol Ratan’
• 2000: Won Kalashree Popular Award for Best Supporting Actress for the Hindi film ‘Aaghaaz’
• 2001: Nominated by International Indian Film Academy Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for the Hindi film ‘Pukar’
• 2001: Nominated for People’s Choice Award for Best Supporting Actress for the Hindi film ‘Tera Mera Saath Rahen’
|Date of Birth||22 January 1972 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|College/University||Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amruthben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics pdf|
|Ethnicity||Maharashtrian Goan Orissa Post|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling, Spending Time With Friends|
|Controversy||Accused of being Involved in a Drug Case
In 2020, after the demise of the Indian actor Sushant Singh Rajput, an investigation was carried out by the Narcotics Control Bureau in Mumbai. In the investigation, a chat of Jaya (former talent manager of Sushant Singh Rajput), and Namrata was found in which they were talking about illegal drugs in India. Reportedly, one of her messages to Jaya read,
"You have promised me to provide a good MD in Mumbai. Let’s party together when I get the MD."
As soon as the news went viral in the media, people started brutally trolling her on various social media sites. The Times of India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Deepak Shetty (businessman)
• Mahesh Manjrekar (film director; rumoured) Orissa Post
• Mahesh Babu (actor)
|Marriage Date||10 February 2005
|Marriage Place||JW Marriott, Mumbai|
|Children||Son- Gautam Ghattamaneni (born on 31 August 2006)
Daughter- Sitara Ghattamaneni (born on 20 July 2012)
|Parents||Father- Nitin Shirodkar (former Indian cricketer; died in 2007)
Mother- Vanita Shirodkar (former model)
Sister- Shilpa Shirodkar (actress)
|Other Relative(s)||• Paternal Grandmother- Meenakshi Shirodkar (actor)
• Father-in-Law- Ghattamaneni Siva Rama Krishna (South Indian actor)
• Mother-in-Law- Vijaya Nirmala (South Indian actor, director, producer)
• Brother-in-Law- Naresh Babu (actor, politician, social activist)
• Brother-in-Law- Ramesh Babu (actor and producer)
• Sister-in-Law- Manjula Swaroop (actress and producer; married to Sanjay Swaroop)
• Brothers-in-Law- Galla Jayadev (politician and industrialist) and Sudheer Babu (actor and former badminton player)
|Outfit(s)||Jeans & White T-Shirt, Salwar Kameez|
|Patrika Car Collection||• Lamborghini Gallardo
• Audi A8
• Range Rover Vogue
Some Lesser Known Facts About Namrata Shirodkar
- Namrata Shirodkar is a former Indian model and actor who won Femina Miss India title in 1993.
- She belongs to a Maharashtrian Goan family in Mumbai.
- At the age of 15, she was introduced to the Indian fashion photographer Gautam Rajadhyaksha by her mother (a former Indian model). Namrata then did a photoshoot with Gautam. Her photos were liked by the Indian fashion designer Hemant Trivedi, who asked Namrata to walk the ramp in one of his fashion shows. She accepted the offer and started her career as a model. She then walked the ramp in many popular fashion shows.
- Namrata has been featured as a model in various print advertisements.
- She has appeared in various TV commercials for brands like Dabur Anmol Oil and Country Delight.
- During her modelling days, she started dating an Indian businessman named Deepak Shetty. Reportedly, the couple dated each other for more than 9 years. It is said that before making the decision of getting married, the couple was in a live-in relationship for a few years. However, their relationship did not end in marriage. During an interview, while talking about her relationship with Deepak, she said,
There was just one time when I let my personal life overwhelm my professional one, and that cost me dearly. The relationship began before the Miss India contest, and lasted nine years. But, it wasn’t meant to be. There was a void in my life after that, but I moved on. And we will always wish each other well.”
You know, Aishwarya and I started our careers together. But she stayed on track, while I was diverted by this personal relationship, and it made me less ambitious. But I’m not bitter about anything. Perhaps, because I’m practical by nature, I don’t dwell on things. My sister Shilpa helped a lot too. She joined the industry at 14. She knew the importance of being professional and punctual. She told me to accept that dreams change, people change, but work is constantly fulfilling. And I’m happy, particularly now that the industry is sitting up and noticing me once again.”
Later, during one of her interviews, she said that she had no ill feelings for Deepak. She even attended his funeral. International Business Times
- In 1993, she contested in the beauty pageant Femina Miss India. In the final round, two other contestants to compete against her were Pooja Batra (actor), and Karminder. The host of the event Archana Puran Singh asked a common question from them. She asked,
Who came first, the chicken or the egg?”
Namrata and Karminder replied ‘Chicken’ whereas Pooja said,
Who cares? As long as they are both useful.”
Judges then announced Namrata as the winner, Karminder as the first runner-up, and Pooja Batra as the second runner-up.
Later, when Namrata was asked about her views on winning the pageant. Namrata replied,
I feel great, I don’t know how to react. I just feel overwhelmed… First of all I will groom myself better to attend the Miss Universe contest in Mexico. Then I will put myself to some use for my country.”
- She then represented India in the Miss Universe contest in 1993.
In the questions round, she was asked if she would love to live forever. She replied that she didn’t want to live forever as she believed no one could live forever. Judges were not impressed by her answer, and she finished 5th in the contest.
- In the same year, she represented India at the Femina Miss India Asia Pacific pageant and finished as the first runner-up. In the sub-contest of the pageant, she received the Best in Evening Gown title.
- In 1997, she was roped in the Hindi film ‘Purab Ki Laila Paschim Ka Chaila’ but the film got delayed, and in 2012, the film was released with the title ‘Helloo India.’ The film was supposed to be her debut film.
- She has appeared in many Hindi films like ‘Mere Do Anmol Ratan’ (1998), ‘Hero Hindustani’ (1998), and ‘Kachche Dhaage’ (1999).
- In 1999, while she was shooting for the Hindi film ‘Vaastav: The Reality,’ the rumours of her affair with the Indian director Mahesh Manjrekar started. Initially, they became friends and then started dating each other. As per some sources, they were even living together. At that time, Mahesh was already married to Medha Manjrekar. However, within a few months, Namrata and Mahesh parted ways. Orissa Post
- She then acted in Hindi films like ‘Pukar’ (2000), ‘Albela’ (2001), ‘Hathyar: Face to Face with Reality’ (2002), ‘Dil Vil Pyar Vyar’ (2002), and ‘LOC Kargil’ (2003).
- In 2004, she appeared in the Telugu film ‘Anji’ opposite Chiranjeevi.
- Namrata met the South Indian actor Mahesh Babu on the sets of the Telugu film ‘Vamshi’ (2000). Initially, they became friends and then started dating each other. After almost five years of their relationship, the couple tied the knot. Before getting married, Namrata completed shooting all her films and quit acting, as Mahesh desired to marry a girl who was not working. However, within three years of their marriage, they started facing problems in their married life. Namrata even shifted to her parents’ home in Mumbai. Later, the couple cleared the misunderstandings and started living together in Hyderabad. During an interview, Namrata talked about it. India Today She said,
Three years post-marriage was difficult for Mahesh and me. He was on a long career break, I lost my parents, he lost his granny. Plus, he was in this whole dilemma of what movie to sign next. But that period made us stronger as a couple, and as individuals. Our foundation today is more solid, we became one strong nuclear unit. I look back at all of it as a blessing.”
- She became a partner in the film production company AMB Cinemas LLP on 14 January 2016. She holds the position of a director in two firms G Mahesh Babu Entertainment Private Limited (started on 28 January 2014) and Mahesh Babu Foundation (started on 24 June 2021).
- She has endorsed various brands like Duson and Ariel on her Instagram account.
- Namrata is a religious person and often shares pictures of Sai Ram on her social media accounts. Instagram- Namrata Shirodkar
- She is a dog lover and owns a pet dog named Nobu.
- She has been featured on various magazine covers like Hello!, WOW!, and India Today.
- Namrata, along with her daughter Sitara, were appointed as the brand ambassador of the healthy snack brand Lil Goodness.
- She consumes alcohol occasionally. Tollywood.net