|Real Name||Sadhana Ghanekar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||7 March 1969|
|Age (as in 2017)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||Dabhol, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Dabhol, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Playback Singer (Gujrat Film): Kanku Pagli
Playback Singer (Hindi Film): Rustom (1965)
|Family||Father- Purshotam Ghanekar
Mother- Neela Ghanekar
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Goregaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Singing, Reading & Cooking|
|Favourite Food(s)||Maharashtrian Cuisines & Chinese|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||A. R. Rahman, Hariharan, Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Pink, Red, Black & White|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Salary||10 Lacs/song (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||5-6 crore (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sadhana Sargam
- Does Sadhana Sargam smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sadhana Sargam drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sadhana Sargam is of Maharashtrian origin and knows various languages.
- She took training in classical music from her mother and later from Pandit Jasraj.
- Her debut song was ‘Door Ni Rehna’ from the film ‘Rustom,’ which she sang before 1982, but the film got delayed, and the song was released later in 1985.
- In 1982, she sang her first solo song, “Saat Saheliya Khadi Khadi,” for the film “Vidhaata,” Which was composed by Kalyanji-Anandji, the song also had the voices of Kishore Kumar and Alka Yagnik.
- She has contributed more than three decades of his singing career to the Indian Music Industry.
- She has sung in various languages like Marathi, Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, Assamese , Oriya, Nepali, Gujarati, Bengali, Rajasthani and Kashmiri, except Malayalam.
- She is more famous than the legendary singers Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle in Tamilnadu. She is even much popular in Sri Lanka, Singapore, and Malaysia, where Tamil music listens widely.
- Her real name is Sadhana Ghanekar, but Kalyanji said that, as her first name relates to music, her second name should refer to it too. So, he gave her second name as ‘Sargam,’ and since then, she is using that title as her surname.
- Sadhana Sargam has received one Indian National Award, three Filmfare awards, five Maharashtra State Film awards, Four Gujarat State Film Awards and one Orissa State Film Award. She has recorded 15000 songs in 35 regional languages till now, and many more are yet to come.
- She has also been awarded the ‘Lata Mangeshkar Award’ from the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Here, know more about Sadhana Sargam where she pours her heart out in a talk show.
- Here is the song that was sung by Sadhana Sargam when she was just four years old.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography