Death Date: 07/06/2023
Age: 48 Years
Death Cause: Shot Dead
|Birth name||Sanjeev Maheshwari India TV|
|Other Name||Sanjeev Jeeva India TV|
|Nickname||Jeeva India TV|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143.3lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1975|
|Birthplace||Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||7 June 2023|
|Place of Death||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Age (at the time of death)||48 Years|
|Death Cause||Murder (Shot Dead) The Times of India|
|Hometown||Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Controversies||• Robbery, Fraud, Kidnapping, and Extortion
Sanjeev Maheshwari, also known as "Jeeva," had a previous employment as a compounder at a dispensary in the 1990s. During that time, he abducted the owner of the dispensary and demanded a substantial ransom. This incident marked the beginning of Sanjeev Jeeva's involvement in a series of criminal activities that propelled his reputation as a gangster.
One notable case involved the kidnapping of a businessman's son based in Kolkata, where Sanjeev Jeeva demanded a ransom of 2 crores. Additionally, he became associated with various gangs, including the Nazim gang of Haridwar, the Satendra Barnala gang, and others. Sanjeev Jeeva and his criminal gang were involved in a range of criminal activities, including murder, robbery, extortion, kidnapping, looting, and fraud. Uttar Pradesh police registered over 24 cases against him in different police stations across areas such as Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, Gazipur, Farrukhabad, and Hardwar. Furthermore, he faced charges under the Gangster Act 1986 on more than 22 occasions, leading to the confiscation of his property worth over 4 crores under the provisions of the Act.
• Murder of BJP Leader Brahm Dutt Dwivedi
Brahm Dutt Dwivedi, a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA from Farrukhabad, was assassinated on February 10, 1997. According to his son, Sunil Dutt, in a 2017 interview, his father was killed while sitting in his car after attending a tilak ceremony in the City Kotwali area of Farrukhabad district. The attack resulted in the death of his security guard, BK Tiwari, and injuries to his driver, Rinku.In the subsequent legal proceedings, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Lucknow, on July 17, 2003, sentenced Sanjeev Jeeva and former Samajwadi Party MLA Vijay Singh to life imprisonment for their involvement in the case. Bar and Bench Both individuals appealed the verdict in the High Court. In 2017, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court upheld the decision of the trial court. As a result of this murder, Jeeva developed a close association with another notorious gangster, Munna Bajrangi. Later, in 2005, both Bajrangi and Jeeva were accused by the police of being involved in the killing of six individuals, including Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Krishnanand Rai from Ghazipur.
• Links with Mukhtar Ansari
According to multiple reports, Sanjeev Jeeva was closely associated with Mukhtar Ansari. The Times of IndiaOn November 29, 2005, BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai was killed in a mafia-style attack. It was believed that the murder of Rai was in retaliation for Afzal Ansari's defeat in the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, where Rai emerged as the winner in 2002. Mukhtar Ansari, Afzal Ansari, Munna Bajrangi, and Sanjeev Jeeva were among the names implicated in the murder of Krishnanand Rai. However, all the accused were acquitted by the Delhi court in 2019.
• Murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai
In 2019, Maheshwari, along with Mukhtar Ansari and his brother Afzal Ansari, was declared not guilty by a Delhi court for the murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai and six others. The reason for this decision was that the eyewitnesses did not cooperate and gave contradictory statements during the trial. Krishnanand Rai, who was an MLA of Mohammadabad, had won against Afzal Ansari in the 2002 Assembly elections. On November 29, 2005, Rai and six others were tragically killed when a group of people with automatic and semi-automatic weapons stopped their vehicle and shot at them.
• The murder of Amit Dixit
Jeeva was accused of being involved in the murder of businessman Amit Dixit, also known as Goldie, in 2017. After a detailed investigation, the court sentenced Jeeva and three others to life imprisonment. As a result, Jeeva is currently held in Lucknow jail. However, there are allegations that he has been running his gang's activities even while being incarcerated. It is said that his gang comprises more than 35 members.
• Clash between Jeeva and Mooch
While Sanjeev Jeeva and Munna Bajrangi were in prison, they continued to keep tabs on various properties in Western Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. This excessive interest in the properties didn't sit well with another gangster named Sushil Mooch, which sparked a rivalry between the two gangs. The conflict escalated further when they clashed over a valuable property located near the transport station in Haridwar, resulting in multiple deaths.
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Children||Son- 3 sons
Daughter- 1 daughter
|Parents||Father- Om Prakash Maheshwari
Mother- Kuntai Maheshwari
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjeev Jeeva
- Before entering the world of crime, Jeeva used to work as a compounder in a dispensary in Muzaffarnagar.
- In 2021, Payal Maheshwari, the wife of Sanjeev Jeeva, expressed her concerns for her husband’s safety by writing a letter to the Chief Justice of India, seeking protection. Unfortunately, her fears became a reality on Wednesday, 7 June 2023, when Sanjeev Jeeva was shot and killed by unidentified attackers inside the SC/ST court in Lucknow. The attack also resulted in injuries to two police constables, Kamlesh and Lal Mohammad, as well as a six-year-old girl and an 18-month-old baby. The police have apprehended one of the attackers, Vijay Yadav, who is currently being interrogated as part of the investigation. India TV
- As per the reports, Jeeva was summoned to the Lucknow court for a hearing in his case on Wednesday, June 7 2023. However, during the proceedings, unidentified attackers disguised as lawyers suddenly started shooting at Jeeva.
- In 2022, Sanjeev Jeeva was apprehended by the Uttar Pradesh police for being in possession of an AK-47 rifle and around 1300 cartridges. The Times of India
- Recently, the government seized approximately 8 bighas (around 5 acres) of land that belonged to Sanjeev Jeeva and his wife Payal Maheshwari. The land was located in Thana Adarsh Mandi and Sadar Kotwali and was divided into two parts. The estimated value of the land was around Rs. 1.86 crore. According to Amarujala, the wheat crop grown on the farm was auctioned off for Rs. 9,000, and the money was deposited into the government’s account. Sanjeev Jeeva, his wife, and their children were listed as the owners of 21 bighas of land in the Adampur village, which he had purchased under the names of his wife and sons.
- The murder of Munna Bajrangi in Baghpat Jail, Uttar Pradesh, in 2018 deeply shocked Sanjeev Jeeva. It fueled his ambition to attain a powerful position and become a prominent figure in the underworld. Even while imprisoned, he posed a significant threat to many. There are reports suggesting that he continued to manage the operations of his gang from behind bars.
- During the 2017 assembly elections, Payal, the wife of Sanjeev Jeeva, contested as a candidate for the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) party. However, she experienced a defeat in the election. India TV
- Sanjeev Jeeva received a life imprisonment sentence for the murder of Brahm Dutt Dwivedi. However, he was acquitted in several other cases that were brought against him.
- At the time of the shooting incident inside the Lucknow court on June 6, 2023, Sanjeev Jeeva still had three pending cases awaiting trial.