Hometown: North Highlands, California
Marital Status: Unmarried
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sasha Grey
- Does Sasha Grey drink alcohol?: Yes
- When Grey was five years old, her parents divorced.
- Subsequently, she was raised by her mother, who remarried in 2000.
- During her High School, she waited on tables of a steakhouse in 2006 and saved $7,000 for a move to Los Angeles.
- Her parents became unhappy when she decided to join the adult industry.
- Soon after she turned 18, she joined the adult industry in Los Angeles in 2006.
- The name “Sasha” was taken from Sascha Konietzko (a German musician and record producer) of the band KMFDM, and “Grey” represents Oscar Wilde’s novel ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray.’
- In 2008, Grey became the youngest person to win the AVN “Female Performer of the Year” award.
- Grey started an industrial music collaboration, called aTelecine, with Pablo St. Francis in 2008.
- In 2009, she was voted number #1 on Genesis magazine’s 11th annual edition of its “Porn’s Hot 100” issue.
- CNBC named Sasha as one of the 12 most popular stars in the adult films.
- In February 2011, she was featured in the music video of Eminem‘s song “Space Bound.”
- On March 29, 2011, Grey’s first photo book, Neü Sex was brought out.