|Real Name||Abhay Singh Deol
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 77 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 33 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||15 March 1976|
|Age (as in 2017)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College||University of Mumbai (dropout)
The City College of New York (for acting & theatre)
|Educational Qualification||College dropout|
|Debut||Film: Socha Na Tha (2005)
|Family||Father- Late Ajit Singh Deol (Filmmaker, Actor)
Mother- Usha Deol
Cousins- Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol, Esha Deol, Ahana Deol, Ajeita Deol, Vijeta Deol
|Address||Municipal Industrial Estate, Off Dr. E. Moses Road, Worli, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Interior designing, travelling, yoga, martial arts|
|Controversies||• He was not happy about being part of 'Aisha' (2010), also starring Sonam Kapoor. According to him, the film derailed from its path and had more to do with clothes than acting.
• On the eve of the Screen Awards 2014, Abhay attended the event with a black eye. He showed it as a sign of protest against music label 'T-Series' for not releasing the music of his film 'One By Two.' He posted about it on his facebook account that he has since decided to take a stand against the practice of signing certain contracts that he claims may damage remuneration of singers and music composers.
• In April 2017, he criticized some of the Bollywood actors for endorsing fairness creams with series of Facebook posts, including Shah Rukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Sidharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, etc. In response to it, Sonam Kapoor, had an online spat with Abhay, reminding him that his cousin Esha Deol had also done a similar ad.
|Favourite Food||Thai, Chinese cuisine, Tiramisu, Kaju barfi, Gulab jamun, Muffin|
|Favourite Actors||Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: Bicycle Thieves (1948, Italian), Dr Strangelove (1964), Brazil (1985), Children of Heaven (1997), Star Wars|
|Favourite Director||Stanley Kubrick|
|Favourite Colour||White, Black|
|Favourite Restaurant||Blue Frog in Mumbai|
|Favourite Destination||New York, Mediterranean sea, Thailand|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Preeti Desai (Model, Actress)
|Car Collection||Mitsubishi Pajero SFX|
|Salary||2-4 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Abhay Deol
- Does Abhay Deol smoke?: Yes
- Does Abhay Deol drink alcohol?: Yes
- He spent his childhood in a joint family and was so close to Dharmendra that he grew up calling his parents, Ajit Uncle and Usha Aunty.
- Initially, he had 4 professions in mind: acting, painting, philosophy and journalism. He chose acting as he was involved in theatre in school.
- He got the nickname ‘Dimpy’ due to his dimples.
- His debut ‘Socha Na Tha’ (2005) was produced by his uncle Dharmendra, and was the directorial debut film of Imtiaz Ali. Though the film was critically acclaimed, it did not do well at the box office.
- In 2007, he tasted his first Bollywood success with the multi-star cast film ‘Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.’
- He won the Best Actor Award at the Mahindra Indo-American Arts Council Film Festival in New York for his role in ‘Manorama Six Feet Under’ (2007).
- His first solo hit was ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’ (2008) which became extremely popular.
- He got training in deep-sea diving for his role in the film ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ (2011).
- He has a production house, “Forbidden Films”.
- He was on the cover of Man’s World and Time Out Mumbai, with heading ‘Fresh Face of Indian Movies.’
- He played the role of a thief in the film ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’, but in real life, he became a victim of a major thievery in real life as in September 2013 his SUV car, Mitsubishi Pajero, was stolen from a residential area in Santa Cruz, Mumbai.
- In 2014, he faced financial crisis after his maiden production film ‘One By Two’ performed poorly at the box-office. As a result, he had to mortgage his Juhu flat worth INR 2-4 crore to take care of his financial troubles.
- He is scared of Cockroaches.