Wife: Swati Lodha
Hometown: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Age: 53 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Writer, Poet|
|Famous Role||Taarak Mehta in the TV serial, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (2008 to present)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||8 November 1969 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|Birthplace||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Debut||TV Debut: Comedy Circus (2007)|
|Family||Father- Shyam Singh Lodha
Mother- Shobha Lodha
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversy||Lawsuit against Asit Modi
After quitting Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah in April 2022, he filed a lawsuit against Asit Modi for not paying his dues. In August 2023, Shailesh won the suit following which it was reported in the media that Asit Modi would pay him Rs. 1.05 crore. Hindustan Times
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Swati Lodha (Management Author)|
|Children||Daughter- Swaara Lodha
- Shailesh was born and brought up in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India.
- In 2007, he participated in the famous comedy reality show Comedy Circus as a contestant.
- He wrote four books, the first two books are satirical humour, the third is a self-help book co-written by his wife, and the fourth book is Diljale Ka Facebook Status.
- He along with Neha Mehta hosted a popular show Wah! Wah! Kya Baat Hai! (2012-2013) that aired on SAB TV.
- In 2014, he won the Zee Gold Award for Best Anchor.
- In 2023, Shailesh Lodha, in an interview, disclosed the reason for leaving the show ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah.’ He explained that he left the show because its creator and producer, Asit Modi, had spoken to him disrespectfully and derogatorily, which he found unacceptable. In the interview, Shailesh recalled an incident where he appeared as a celebrity guest on the show ‘Good Night India’ in 2022, and Asit Modi questioned his decision. Shailesh believed that portraying his ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ character on another show would have been wrong. Furthermore, Shailesh said that this was not the first instance of disrespectful behaviour from Asit. He recalled another incident where Asit had referred to everyone working on his show as his servants, and Shailesh had objected to such language and behaviour. The Times of India