Girlfriend: Deepthi Sunaina
Age: 27 Years
|Full name||Shanmukh Jaswanth Kandregula Facebook|
|Nickname||Shannu The New Indian Express|
|Profession(s)||Dancer, YouTuber & Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won the Best Performer- Male Award at Padmamohana YouTube Awards (2020) for the YouTube series ‘The software devLOVEper (2020)’
• Shanmukh received his YouTube Silver Play Button in 2017 for surpassing 100,000 subscribers.
• In October 2020, he received YouTube Gold Play Button for exceeding one million subscribers.
|Date of Birth||16 September 1994 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||27 Years|
|Hometown||Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh|
|College/University||• Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru
• Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Business Management Facebook|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Tattoo(s)||• An infinity tattoo on his right wrist with “AUSS” inked in the middle; "AUSS" stands for Apparao, Umarani, Sampath, and Shanmukh, the names of Shanmukh’s family members.
• A matching couple tattoo with his girlfriend, Deepthi Sunaina.
|Controversies||• In March 2017, an anonymous lawyer filed a petition against the short-film 'Sita, I Am Not A Virgin (2017),' featuring the YouTubers Shanmukh Jaswanth and his girlfriend, Deepthi Sunaina. Apparently, Kaushik Babu, the director of the film, was accused of hurting sentiments of the Hindu community, citing that the phrase used in the title of the film ‘I am not a virgin’ was inappropriate. According to Hindu mythology, 'Sita' was one of the central figures in the Hindu epic Ramayana, who is also preached as a goddess. Hence, the title of the film triggered the anger of Hindus. In an interview, while talking about the allegations, Shanmukh said,
"Whatever is happening is ridiculous. Our aim was to send out a message. It is a bold subject, but there’s nothing controversial like people are making it out to be. Sita is just the name of a character, and the film has nothing to do with the Ramayana. Without watching the film, assumptions are being made based on the title.”
Thereafter, the title was changed to Seetha I’m Not A Virgin (2017) to dismiss the charges.The Asian Age
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Deepthi Sunaina (YouTuber, Dancer, and Actress)|
|Parents||Father- Apparao Kandregula
Mother- Umarani Kandregula
|Siblings||Brother- Sampath Vinay (Entrepreneur)|
|Dancer(s)||Matt Steffanina, Melvin Louis|
|Actor(s)||Suriya, Allu Arjun|
|Car Collection||Hyundai Creta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shanmukh Jaswanth
- Shanmukh Jaswanth is a dancer, YouTuber, and actor who came into the limelight after appearing in the web series The software devLOVEper (2020) as Mr Shannu. He is also popular for uploading dancer covers of various Telugu songs, like You and Me, Guvva Gorinka, Adavari Matalaku Ardhale Verule, and Me Me, on his YouTube channel.
- Since childhood, Shanmukh was intrigued by performing arts, and he used to participate in various extra-curriculum activities at his school.
- Surprisingly, Shanmukh never undertook a professional course in dancing, in fact, he learned dancing by watching various YouTube videos.
- After establishing his YouTube channel on 2 July 2012, he uploaded his first video titled ‘Cadbury Laddu Ad By Shanmukh.’
- From 2012-2013, Shanmukh attended Amrita School of Engineering in Bengaluru, but later, he left the college to pursue a Bachelor of Business Management at Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM).
- He gained recognition in 2013, after starring in the hit YouTube video “The Viva by Sabarish Kandregula,” which created a buzz on the internet. The amusing illogical definition of optical fiber enacted by Shanmukh went viral on the internet.
- In 2015, while pursuing his graduation at GITAM, he gave crowd-puller performances in flash mobs for the promotion of Gem fest, a cultural fest organized by the management students of GITAM.
- Thereafter, he began uploading dance covers of various songs like Hosanna, Kala Chashma, and Bezuban, on his YouTube channel. Meanwhile, he collaborated with VIVA, a YouTube channel which produces light-hearted humorous videos. Shanmukh appeared in various videos produced by VIVA like The Interview by Sabarish Kandregula (2013), The Big Fat Proposal (2016), and a series of ‘Viva News.’
- In an interview, Shanmukh revealed that the undiversified role of a senseless and idiotic interviewee no longer intrigued him, and he felt that he was typecast in such roles. He said,
After VIVA, I got a few offers where my character was restricted to that of VIVA which didn’t interest me. I am looking for a meaty role.”
- In January 2017, he gained popularity with the dance cover of the famous Telugu song ‘You and Me’ from the film Khaidi No 150 (2017).
- Despite being immensely appreciated for his dancer covers, he had to discontinue making them as various filmmakers pressed copyright charges against him.
- Shanmukh is also well-known for starring in ‘Men Will Be Men,’ a Telugu YouTube series that humorously presents how men react around women.
- In 2020, a major breakthrough in his career came with the Telugu comedy series ‘The software devLOVEper ’ in which he played the role of Mr Shannu, a naive employee working in a software company who falls in love with a girl who treats him just like a friend.
- His other works include the short films Seetha I’m Not A Virgin (2017), Boomerang (2017), and Chaturvyuha (2018).
- In 2021, he was a contestant in the reality competition television series ‘Dance Plus Telugu’ in which he was a crew member of a team named ‘Darjeeling Devils.’
- He participated in the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss Season 5’ (Telugu) in 2021.